Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not along the way, a way off, so a bit inconvenient. But I guess I could make it with 220 miles if I spent extra time charging. I have not used Supercharger yet after 3 months of having the car. I find it very convenient to just charge at home all the time and not worry about running out of juice.
Have you looked at possible L2 chargers along the way? If you can find one where you can park and take a long lunch that could give you a decent buffer.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Have you looked at possible L2 chargers along the way? If you can find one where you can park and take a long lunch that could give you a decent buffer.
Well, I had no need to. I have lunch at the ski resort ;)Last time I went skiing it was the coldest weather I ever went there - I did it just to test the car. Left in the morning when it was -1F and parked 1.5 hours later when it was 6F. Did not save on heating and on the highway did not save with lower speeds, so 2/3 of the way 70-75mph. Spent 210 miles for ~165 miles trip.
So, my 310 miles serves all my local driving needs so far. I have a regular 14-50 at home and @30mph charging speed I can recharge the car fully overnight.

Last edited:
(...snip)

One would think that these are more newsworthy than freaking out about missing the artificially large expectations of bearish analysts: for example the 79k deliveries "estimate" by one of the analysts was larger than all new VINs registered in Q4 ...

Someone who understands Tesla ought to know these - so why didn't he talk about them?

There was a bearish analyst with a 79K Model 3 delivery estimate?

If so, that one, pretty apparently gamed number, would create the whole miss narrative by itself, when you consider,

Yahoo Finance's average estimates are based currently on 29 analysts covering Tesla,

what we heard yesterday was that the FactSet number was an average of 9 analysts,

If all the other analysts in either group (the Yahoo group of analysts or the FactSet group of analysts) collectively nailed the delivery number, 63,150

Use of all 29 analyst's forecasts would have led to a 547 "miss"

FactSet's use of less than 1/3 of the analysts would have led to a 1,761 "miss" (slightly more than the FactSet "miss" of 1,750... i.e., take out the 1 outlier, and Tesla beat the average of the rest of the FactSet analysts)

We don't know why FactSet used only 31% of the analysts' estimates. Quite possibly to game the "average estimate," but, there are alternative expectations. As to a "bearish" analyst with a 79K delivery estimate for the Model 3... hard to see any plausible explanation other than an attempt to game trading after the announcement. Do we know which analyst that was?

Last edited:
Learn not to fear it but to take advantage of it (but always limit your risk by not being too greedy!)

Wise words. I feel incredibly grateful (and lucky) to have merely broken even with my options plays through this volatility (from October->present) while being an absolute novice. Many lessons learned, many more yet to learn.

KA2WjsR.png

Credit goes to u/TimePossible

Tesla Model 3 orders are now open in Europe for everyone!

Not offering MR... another refutation of the lack of demand narrative.

Dropping $2K off the price in the US has the context of the $3.75K dropoff of the tax credit. The price of the Model 3, generally speaking, went up as of 1/1.

Not bothering to offer the MR in Europe is just straight up counter to the lack of demand narrative.

All of this, of course, is a moot point, given that the SR and leasing are not available, probably what about half of consumers are waiting for to execute their Model 3 orders.

Last edited: