Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having trouble finding the news this morning. Can someone please link? Apologies for adding to the noise.

You know, if you shorts plan to come here to troll whenever the stock is down, at least try to hide it by not picking such an obvious profile icon.

But I mean, if it makes you feel better about having lost your shirts betting on the wrong side on this stock...

Isn't it funny how it used to be "they will never be profitable" and now it's "they aren't profitable enough"? Keep moving those goal posts shorts. The rest of us will just be enjoying our cars, watching Giga 1 and 3 be built out and reading all the posts from Europe and China about how much they love their Teslas after taking delivery this year.

Dan

If one is looking to add, I would keep your powder dry. This is a stay away and watch day IMHO. The fact that it's Friday, options expiration for January the price is going to try and be supported more than usual. we could get another leg down Tuesday (market holiday Monday).

There COULD be a nice oppty though TODAY to look to Feb/Mar expiration again for that 350.370/390 ranges for calls. IV has gone way up and options prices are cratering.

Given there is a big ship full of cars heading to Europe, and that takes TIME, and given tesla don't consider a car delivered until the customer has it, is that not a good reason for a reduced income and thus profit in Q1? At what point do they book the revenue from those sales?

The shipment left within Q1 and those deliveries will take place within Q1, so no problem there.

If the shipping delay is X days then having other ship(s) leave while there are more than X days remaining of Q1 will mean that no cars will be in transit when Q1 ends. During those last X days of Q1, deliveries can be done in USA + Canada.

On the topic of shipping, I tried to recruit the Shorty Air Force to do a recon mission over Pier 80 in San Francisco, to get confirmation that the vehicle carrier Glovis Cosmos moored there now will indeed take a load of Teslas on board.

Unsuccesfully it seems (except for its entertainment value),
Tesla Short Air Force available for a mission ? : RealTesla

So, does anyone have information regarding exactly what kind of cars and how many are on Pier 80 at this time?

PS. The actual cost of oceanic shipping can reduce Q1 profits.