Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, on the EU Tesla forum, they are going thru paper work, telephone and payment HELL in prep for M3 delivery. Its funny to hear their stories since they going from a structured to unstructured system..

Since TSLA price action has been kind of like on auto pilot. No catalysts whatsoever.

So I went looking for amusement. Seems like Tesla has not learned any lessons from the U.S. delivery experience not too long ago.This needs to be fixed or the Brand will be sh*t. And China is coming.

Life in the Asylum in Old Europe :)

9. Feb 2019, 19:08
Bin leider auch schon total genervt!!! Frühreservierer, Frühbesteller und seit ca. 4 Wochen nichts. Einfach nichts. Keine Nachricht, keine Rechnung, keine VIN,.... Hab mein Auto leider schon verkauft
icon_redface.gif

Warum werden wir nicht wenigstens angerufen? Wenn wir wirklich nur 800 Besteller sind, dann dauert das doch nicht so lange.
Einfach nichts... Hoffe das bleibt nicht so.
Hätte nie gedacht, dass ich einmal so viel für ein Auto ausgeben werde.
icon_cry.gif

Translation ...

Unfortunately I am already annoyed !!! Early reservation, early order and nothing for about 4 weeks. Just nothing. No message, no invoice, no VIN, .... Have unfortunately already sold my car
icon_redface.gif

Why are not we at least called? If we are really only 800 customers, then it does not take so long.
Just nothing ... Hope that does not stay that way.
Never thought that I would spend so much on a car.

Elon Musk on Twitter

"Meant to say annualized production rate at end of 2019 probably around 500k, ie 10k cars/week. Deliveries for year still estimated to be about 400k."

Have to agree with the shorts on this one. That is two completely different statements

It is, which is why he says here that he meant to say that. In other words he misspoke(typed?). Outside of market hours and corrected long before the next ones. Meh.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
I last pumped gas... last night. Both my cars are EV’s but had to rent a Jeep Wrangler to head out to Tahoe this last weekend(I have a RWD S and the one time I’ve tried using the official chains for it, they flew off within ~1/2 mile, ruining the trip)
Took my original RWD P85 to Tahoe quite a few times. Used the official chains with no problem. I have to think the problem is not your car or the chains. So I dispute your "had to".

On the other hand, upgrading to an AWD Model S eliminates hassle.

Thinking of our own personal "disengagements" while driving the Model 3 with AutoPilot activated, this should indeed be a rich source of training data. It's also nice to think that our abortive attempts to engage AutoPilot on our local mountain roads truly are contributing to future improvements.
I hope it also captures my colorful comments as AP does something utterly idiotic for the nth time.

Elon Musk on Twitter

"Meant to say annualized production rate at end of 2019 probably around 500k, ie 10k cars/week. Deliveries for year still estimated to be about 400k."

Is he just talking about the Model 3 or Does this include S/X as well?

At least I am happy Twitter oversight seems to be working when he is dropping material information.

Reactions: Matias
Took my original RWD P85 to Tahoe quite a few times. Used the official chains with no problem. I have to think the problem is not your car or the chains. So I dispute your "had to".

On the other hand, upgrading to an AWD Model S eliminates hassle.

Ok, I guess I should clarify: I was unwilling to risk losing another set of $360(!!) chains and ruining another trip to the snow for my daughter.

I’m not trying to bad mouth Tesla here, just giving my experience. My takeaway is that we’re waiting to see the Model Y and will likely reserve one for that(and other) use

EDIT: Oh, and the last time I put gas in a car I actually owned? December, 2016. About a week before picking up my S.

Last edited:
Is he just talking about the Model 3 or Does this include S/X as well?

At least I am happy Twitter oversight seems to be working when he is dropping material information.
I don’t know, and honestly it doesn’t even matter. Anything he says or tweets should be taken with a grain of salt. If it’s not in an official Tesla statement, it’s best disregarded. Elon’s grand claims are becoming net negative for the SP. I can’t believe that I actually believed him for a second there.

Taking out of context :)
Steve Jobs‏ @tesla_truth
Steve Jobs Retweeted Elon Musk

ELON CONFIRMS TESLA MADE 0 CARS

Steve Jobs added,

Elon MuskVerified account @elonmusk
Tesla made 0 cars in 2011, but will make around 500k in 2019
Show this thread
5:10 PM - 19 Feb 2019
Steve Jobs on Twitter

Please stop posting from this Steve Jobs twitter feed. It might be the real name of this guy, but it clearly isn’t his picture. It is morbid and shows a lack of respect. His tweets aren’t very informative anyway.

DeWine supports gas tax hike to raise highway cash -- the increase could be big

Gov. Mike DeWine said Tuesday that he will propose an increase in the gasoline tax — and it could be a sizable one — to fix and improve Ohio’s crumbling roads and bridges. The first-year Republican would not reveal the size of the proposed hike. DeWine told reporters the recommended increase would maintain the status quo of highway maintenance and some major projects. That would require another $600 million per year, or an additional 14 cents a gallon — a 50 percent increase in the 28-cent tax — based on figures from the Department of Transportation.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Gas/Petrol is currently about $2/gallon in Ohio. A 7% increase would not be insignificant.