Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, also said 500k cars in 2019.
That does not match guidance of 360-400k.
View attachment 378915

well it's 500k for all cars.. so 380 (guidance midpoint for model 3) + 100k (S & X) would be 480. Still I think this is a very positive sign though. Combine this the big increase in VIN registrations and I think we're seeing a very healthy picture for demand and production.

well it's 500k for all cars.. so 380 (guidance midpoint for model 3) + 100k (S & X) would be 480. Still I think this is a very positive sign though. Combine this the big increase in VIN registrations and I think we're seeing a very healthy picture for demand and production.
I checked, guidance was for all vehicles.

New Tesla ambitions from Elon today:

2019 production 500k
2021 1.5 million
2023 3 million

Code for human supervised driving in all scenarios - late 2019 (regulatory approval unknown)

Sufficiently low error rate for unsupervised self driving - late 2020 (regulatory approval unknown)
See no demand since they aren't doubling production every year any more. Even so they are going to run out of places to park all those cars. Unless they start parking them in tunnels, but how will they be able to get photos in the tunnels? Wow what a conundrum for the shorty shorts.

I have a different take: they compiled diverse difficult scenes into one youtube video to demonstrate their system's current capabilities. Watched the whole thing twice, once at speeds roughly matching real time. I'll gladly repeat I find it impressive. My point is less about singling out Cruise than being able to get an idea of what's possible today.

Maybe. We can’t *know* how good it is until we see a one take version. Until then it’s like the magician who pulls the winning trifecta ticket from the sealed briefcase. An expensive trick - costs a lot of trifecta tickets and a lot of briefcases.

He also mentioned 500k during conference call

edit: shorts are screaming that Elon is pumping for capital raise, if it will end up to be true probably price will hit 250 again.

They're only screaming that because the March payment of DOOM approaches. Nothing financially has changed with Tesla, they're paying it in cash which they have plenty of

They're only screaming that because the March payment of DOOM approaches. Nothing financially has changed with Tesla, they're paying it in cash which they have plenty of

Agreed. I would be shocked if there were a capital raise at this point. They’ve reaffirmed cash payment of the March convertibles multiple times since Q3 ER call. To assert that they are seeking to now do otherwise reeks of desperation.