Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This second part seems flawed in the sense that in November 2017 when Tesla revealed the Semi with its daunting specs, they hardly knew that they would be able to use a dry electrode.

In fact, I believe Elon Musk stated at that time that they would be able to build the Semi with their existing technology.
Sort of. He implied a two or so years of improvement to current cells, maybe 10% better. There is no question it could be built with current tech, it is the cost that is the biggest issue. Model 3 motors used in the Semi are 5% more efficient then the industry expected.

One does not get rewarded for sales growth and production growth
And improving execution.

But continually penalized by the false narrative promoted
By shorts and the ice holes at CNBC. Forever afraid
To make a positive pronouncement concerning tesla.

The Chinese are tripping over themselves to get
A piece of Elon and here he is treated like crap by
The financial analyst.

Does anybody ever make money listening to CNBC
And analysts? I certainly have not in the last
20 years.

Are these haiku's?

January 2019 passenger car sales:
China BEVs +268% yoy, PHEVs +55%, ICEs -20%. EVs 4.5% share.
Norway BEV +60%, PHEV -17%, ICE -23%. 52% share.
Germany BEV + 68%, PHEV -26%, ICE -8%. 2.5% share.
UK BEV +110%, PHEV -16%, ICE -2%.
France BEV +138%, PHEV +14%. 2.7% share.
Sweden EVs +53%, ICE -16%. 13% share.
Holland BEVs +100%. 6.9% share.
Ireland EVs +292%.
Canada BEVs +75%.
US BEVs +42%.
Spain EV sales +52%. 1.1% share.

January is a very weak month seasonally for EV sales but yoy growth rates are accelerating and ICE sales are starting to collapse

In Ireland, car sales are generally always highest in January then July due to the number plate system, where new 191 plates are issued in in January and 192 in July, the first two digits denoting the year.

My guess is that he got bored when he realised the majority of his job was making sure the supplier agreement for the front left headlight had the needed clauses around tolerances for the curvature of the mirror along with the relevant sub clauses around remedies should the curvature of the mirror deviate by more than the agreed amount.

Some people dislike lawyers. I just feel sorry for them.

My guess is that he got bored when he realised the majority of his job was making sure the supplier agreement for the front left headlight had the needed clauses around tolerances for the curvature of the mirror along with the relevant sub clauses around remedies should the curvature of the mirror deviate by more than the agreed amount.
To many people from outside the tech industry, Tesla probably looks like a chaotic company with weird culture, deadlines and work hours.

The SEC forms for the Maxwell acquisition have been filed: 0001193125-19-044863 | SC TO-T | Tesla, Inc.

Nota bene:

"The board of directors of Maxwell has unanimously
  1. determined that the terms of the transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement, including the Offer and the Merger, are fair to and in the best interests of Maxwell and its stockholders;
  2. determined that it is in the best interests of Maxwell and its stockholders, and declared it advisable, to enter into the Merger Agreement;
  3. approved the execution and delivery by Maxwell of the Merger Agreement, the performance by Maxwell of its covenants and agreements contained in the Merger Agreement and the consummation of the Offer, Merger and the other transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement upon the terms and subject to the conditions contained in the Merger Agreement; and
  4. resolved to recommend that Maxwell’s stockholders accept the Offer and tender their shares of Maxwell Common Stock to the Offeror pursuant to the Offer."
Note also that "The Offer and withdrawal rights will expire at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time, at the end of March 19, 2019", so I expect this deal will close quickly.

Gotta have me some "Maxcells". :cool:

Another terrible article from CNBC:
It seems impossible that Tesla will have full self-driving car tech ready in a year, says analyst

The “analyst” completely changed the meaning of what Musk said(he never said anything about, for example, “all weather conditions”) in order to refute it. Keeps making it sound like Autopilot is just one of many advanced semi-autonomous packages, when it’s consistently been the best since original release. Even the recent ranking that put Super Cruise ahead did so essentially citing that Autopilot is too good, and may lead to drivers not paying attention(and giving Super Cruise credit for disabling itself).

The $39k SR/PUP will be a big seller. With $6k in incentives (state/fed) in many states until June, it would be a good think to introduce in March. We can be pretty sure Tesla makes a profit on this model, even without autopilot, but many people will opt for it as well making it a cash cow. Tesla can sell 2000 of these a week in just the USA market for quite a while too, maybe indefinitely.
Probably indefinitely. 35k is the average new car price and a model 3 has huge advantages over other cars at that price point. Safety alone is an amazing selling point.

Most ads for EVs I see are stupid. Just look at the Etron ad, shows a kid playing soccer with the headlights. Ok....why not show a commercial where the owner drives past the gas station every day and wakes up to a full "tank"? When Tesla starts to advertise I expect them to be more savvy about it.

Very low cost cars from China are coming.

China’s Kandi says it has received approval from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to import two of its electric cars to the U.S.

https://electrek.co/2019/02/20/kandi-sell-ex3-k22-us/#disqus_thread

$ 12,500 after tax rebate. Shades of Yugo !

We closed at 3 dollars down.

Probably indefinitely. 35k is the average new car price and a model 3 has huge advantages over other cars at that price point. Safety alone is an amazing selling point.

Most ads for EVs I see are stupid. Just look at the Etron ad, shows a kid playing soccer with the headlights. Ok....why not show a commercial where the owner drives past the gas station every day and wakes up to a full "tank"? When Tesla starts to advertise I expect them to be more savvy about it.
Not an ad but I must say that this is a great video Model 3 Surprise

Very low cost cars from China are coming.

China’s Kandi says it has received approval from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to import two of its electric cars to the U.S.

China’s Kandi announces US approval to sell EX3 and K22 EVs, stock up 40%

$ 12,500 after tax rebate. Shades of Yugo !

We closed at 3 dollars down.

The Kandi K22 is listed on their website as $29.995 MSRP:

KANDI

Its top speed is 65MPH. That's considered a golf cart on CA freeways.

I welcome the competition in the EV space, but this ain't it :p

EDIT: it appears their webmaster is not good at mastering and that's a rouge/dead page.. the correct page lists the K22 at $18.995 MSRP: KANDI