Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very interesting how Tesla has managed this news cycle, including SpaceX activity. They have doing their best to bury the implications of the store closing. I wonder if they will take model Y pre-orders before releasing Q1 financials (which I assume aint pretty, especially with store closing writeoffs)

Q1 is likely another one of those quarters Tesla will trash to make the rest of the year look good.

America builds the best Electric cars in the world. The fact that we aren't taking this and running infuriates me.

People talk about making America great again and reducing our trade deficit, here's how to do it! We import $100 billion in oil every year. We produce 12 million motor vehicles against sales of 17.5 million.

17.5-12 = 5.5. 5.5 x $35,000 = $192 billion.

That's ~$300 billion of our ~$500 billion trade deficit.

Now, what if we became the "Germany" of electric cars, producing the worlds top-quality electric cars? we could get rid of the tradedeficit all together.

But no... more coal, brodozers, and failure...
Just thank everyone that didn't vote.

Remember, all the talking heads spin this as eminent doom. If it gets low enough, I do have a bit more powder to burn.

GM, Ford, and Chrysler have long ago killed their brand, and have been dying slow deaths for 50 years. The only hope long term for making motor vehicles in the US is companies like Tesla and Rivian.

New superchargers V3, New Model Y and we are RED very strange ?
Not strange at all. It's just the way the market works when it comes to Tesla. It will be said that the Supercharger and Model Y news are just to cover up the impending doom as shown by the closing of stores and price reductions. The market could care less about anything positive with Tesla. Anything positive is just spun as an excuse for, or cover up of, something negative. In this, the shorts are brilliant. They have learned to do what they do very, very well. Immoral and unethical as it may be...they do it very well.

Dan

Yeah, saw this elsewhere. AFAIK, if that's correct, it just means some delivery delays for vehicles that have already been offloaded, because something about them not being inspected, or not being inspected properly. Shouldn't touch on vehicles en route, and shouldn't (I wouldn't think) take that long to resolve. But I'm no "China importation expert" by any stretch.

Not strange at all. It's just the way the market works when it comes to Tesla. It will be said that the Supercharger and Model Y news are just to cover up the impending doom as shown by the closing of stores and price reductions. The market could care less about anything positive with Tesla. Anything positive is just spun as an excuse for, or cover up of, something negative. In this, the shorts are brilliant. They have learned to do what they do very, very well. Immoral and unethical as it may be...they do it very well.

Dan

Even though we knew that the mode Y was going to be release with a bunch of time in advance :confused:.

Well, my guess would be, Not That Thursday!
The following Thursday is called 3/14 in the US. Suppose the announcement (or whatever event) occurs at approx 2:55:30 PM local time -- that would make it a fair shot at Pi time, Thursday, which is just the kind of geeky fun Elon loves to pull. And Thursdays are his favvo day; any arbitrary Thursday.
How about that theory, eh?

Dan

Shorts wouldn't stand a chance if it wasn't for a complicit SEC.