Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really?
This is a thing? Personal carbon footprint?
You're kidding, right?
These are the kinds of arguments that send the global warming doubters away in tears of laughter. This does NOTHING to strengthen your case with the general public...only confirms their belief that the environmental left is nothing but a bunch of nut jobs. Sorry, but it is what it is.

Dan
I don't care the doubters: the PR thing should be aimed to environmentalist, in any case. The others don't care either way.

And I'd like to know how you can believe in a man-made global warming and not think the society has a responsability of it. Everyone has a fraction: this fraction can be almost nil, or much bigger than average.
If not, why bother producing electric cars?

What, something like being CEO of the only viable BEV company? How many tons of CO² was it that Teslas have now not farted into the atmosphere?

Without Elon, Tesla would be bankwupt a long, long time ago.

I do know this, but not everyone does factor Tesla in his judgement of Elon. I said so in my previous message: people are irrational, it is what it is.
And as we know that Elon has definetely a negative carbon output, people don't thinks so. Hence the suggestion of the simple PR move.

Technically, everything you write is automatically copyrighted, with or without a notice, and is illegal to reproduce.

Yes, there's violations en masse every day. Including the very concept of an email forward, for example.
You are neglecting fair use provisions, but also with email there is, in effect, an implied permission to to reply or forward. Just because everything is copyrighted* as soon as it is set in tangible form (electrons are tangible? I guess so!) doesn't mean nothing can be done.

* actually, not everything is copyrighted, though it is getting harder to give examples with the exceptions being narrowed by interested parties. But last I checked a recipe could not be copyrighted. Things like grocery lists are also not copyrightable. But it gets harder to talk about this intelligently because of the exceptions. And then you have the silliness of two imaginary property right concepts brought to bear on code: somehow it is governed by both copyright and patent. Sigh.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
OT

The MMD may be ending. With ~25% average trade volume in first hour this is shaping to be an active trading day with a chance of regaining some ground. Here's looking to an increase in $TSLA over the course of the rest of the day.

[edit: should've kept my mouth shut, $TSLA dropped again after posting :oops:]

Well, Autopilot price changes.... Gotta order Autopilot and FSD, it seems Tesla is refunding the original $ I put down on EAP.. The inconsistency is making even me a little irritated.

Edit: How this relates to investments? Well, I invest in Tesla, and I think these price changes back and forth have a negative impact on Tesla customers and their opinion of the company.

Last edited:
Who will be the next brand to stop building cars, after Ford. Buick seems logical.

These car models from BMW to Mercedes to Toyota are taking forever to sell on dealers' lots
Fiat seems at risk, though I don't have any idea what other than sedans they offer. A recurring theme in the comments is captured here from the last one:
These are difficult days for sedans in general, and mass-market models are having the toughest time of all.
With the M3SR coming into availability this year I suspect that 2019 will be even harder on legacy sedans.

Apologies I was making a stupid joke about the jet, I have no issues with Elon using a Jet, and the fact he pays for it himself is great (I did not know that). If I could edit/delete my post I would.

I'm not returning my laughs!

The thing is, unlike most billionaires using a private jet, he actually is trying to create rapid, cheap, clean long-distance transit for everyone (Hyperloop).

As we all know, every billionaire could remand himself to life in a monastery [sans amenities] and it would not change a thing regarding greenhouse gases and noxious emissions. The anti-science coalition never wondering why Venus is such a hellhole would be happier than all get out if Elon dropped everything to build Musk Towers in strange places run by corrupt strongmen.

Only change on a massive scale will suffice. And sadly fear is to be expected - fear of people and their motivations mostly, I think.

What is really bad about Elon Musk and Tesla :eek: is the inexplicable conceit of imagining and attempting to provide attractive solutions while leveraging brains and capital to build something of substance. As ever, the costs and the benefits of this transition will be distributed asymmetrically. That's where public policies should also come in. There are shifts afoot, and the clearer this is addressed, the better.

Change on a massive scale and mostly for the better, but change nevertheless.

How dare he and we?