Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like most of the cars have 3 digits and some even have 4 digits miles. Are these used cars? Also weird how the year is missing from the title. On the US site all cars have a year in the title.

Just a note when we bought a 2015 S P85 early last year - it had only 9000 km on the clock or under 6000 miles. Good price about 70% of new price but about 95% of the original price

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
Thanks. I am having difficulty getting an idea of its dimensions, given how close to '3' it appears. In fact during the test drives i could see many getting confused if it was a 3 or Y.

Anyone who has seen it in person, which CUV or hatchback you think Y closely resembles in terms of form factor and dimensions? Porsche Cayenne?

Well I was there and got lots of good looks at the white and the blue Ys. The only thing it resembles IMHO is the 3, it's just "taller" and the rear end looks like the X. My immediate thought, walking around the roped-off white Y was, "I could see actually owning this. Performance version no question, goes without saying. My S will by then have, oh, 110K miles on it. Yes. This is a plan." :)

There was some good analysis by TNEvol basically allowing for this saving face argument where neither Elon or the SEC win. Here's the relevant quote. If you click back on that post, you can follow the whole chain of discussion. This is the relevant quote that I thought was insightful:
Just a simple thought.. Maybe Elon needs to only tweet about Tesla through a handle Tesla CEO managed by a minder

SEC v Musk - Letter Asking for SurReply (Provided by Dan Ravicher).pdf

There is a request for follow up response from Musk’s lawyers.

A quote from that:

Mr. Musk would like to address the SEC’s unsupported assertions and submit documentation reflecting the negotiation history between the SEC and Mr. Musk and Tesla, which undermines the newly-presented interpretation the SEC sets forth in its Reply.

Oh Snap! Could the SEC have negotiated something and not shared all the details of that negotiation with the attorney that is trying to go after Elon for contempt? :rolleyes:

I think the SEC just gave Elon a written pass to air their dirty laundry. :eek:

Is that what you call stepping in a fresh steamer?

SEC v Musk - Letter Asking for SurReply (Provided by Dan Ravicher).pdf

There is a request for follow up response from Musk’s lawyers.

From the letter: (refs removed, outlining added for readability)
  • Request the Court’s permission to file a sur-reply memorandum of no more than 10 pages by March 22, 2019, in order to respond to new factual assertions and legal arguments raised in the SEC
  • The Reply included, for example, 61 pages in new exhibits and new allegations regarding the Tesla Senior Executives Communications Policy
    • "It is improper in this district and this circuit to introduce new arguments in reply"
    • "A party may not attempt to cure deficiencies in its moving papers by including new evidence in its reply to opposition papers"
  • Among other things, Mr. Musk would like to address the SEC's unsupported assertions and submit documentation reflecting the negotiation history between the SEC and Mr. Musk and Tesla, which undermines the newly-presented interpretation the SEC sets forth in its Reply.
EDIT: What time is it in Vienna? I hope @Fact Checking gets a good sleep. ;)

"It's not the bullets that kill you, it's the pace"
-- LCol John Masters, DSO, OBE, author of Bugles and a Tiger

Last edited:
P
Nafnlaus on Twitter

Comedy from @SEC_Enforcement - the following tweets from @elonmusk are given as examples of "written communications that contain, or reasonably could contain, information material to the company or its shareholders"

D1-wIyYXQAIGDsd.png

D1-wOW4XQAUBYzP.png

D1-wX72XQAAh1Ed.png

D1-xYEfXQAAeIGB.png

The SEC is in the twilight zone. I wonder if any of those guys light up some bud together after work?

SEC response to the court is in:

secvmuskreplyravicher.pdf

Page 6
For the reasons set forth below and in the SEC’s initial motion, the SEC requests that this Court hold Musk in contempt and impose an appropriate remedy to ensure future compliance.

So the remedy to ensure future compliance does not sound like removal as CEO or jail terms as many shorts have been shouting loudly. It looks like SEC will be satisfied with new methodology to approve Tweets so maybe a new handle Tesla CEO managed by an employee with Musk ideas and approvals stamped prior to twittering will satisfy the whole case. The Elon Musk is free to cover all his other interests in his private companies such as Space-X and Boring Co announcements and future exciting notions.

All the gaffes and insteps by Elon is making me pissy lately.

Agree. The best revenge is served cold.

Elon, if you hear us, please take a temporary loss to win the war. Just lay low on communication aspect (Tesla or non-Tesla). You have an army of supporters who have invested their lives’ worth (a little dramatic but true is some cases). You don’t need to be vocal to get your message across.

(Anyone who can pass this on to Elon !! )

This really sucks. I hate the SEC for not only not protecting my interests as a shareholder of TSLA but actually attacking them. But I hate Elon’s goddamn cavalier attitude about the whole thing just as much.

F*#k this twitter crap. All this wasted energy on nonsense. Opening the door for the most relentless FUD yet.

Can we focus on electrifying the global fleet please? Elon, put your damn phone away and go find a solid state battery or something.