Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New I think the HW3 announcement will come right at the start of Q2, possibly with some refreshed S/X action. (I know, I know).

Everyone ordering now should probably take advantage of the lowered FSD prices while they are lasting - that guarantees a HW3 upgrade regardless of whether the car comes with HW3 straight away or not.

It seems like he cares very much about the share price. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing this frantic binge-purge delivery phenomenon at the end of each quarter.
I'd say it just gives less ammunition to the shorts to have the deliveries as close to the manufacturing date as possible. Due to the time it takes to ship overseas, it only makes sense to ship those cars earlier than the domestic cars. Imagine the short ammunition if there are fifteen (to pick a random number) boatloads of cars in transit (meaning they are in inventory) at the end of the quarter. The shorts and media would use those numbers to confirm that Tesla has tens of thousands of unsold cars. Binge and purge is just not what's happening, it's good business to do get the deliveries in the same quarter as the manufacturing if at all possible.

Concerning Inventory sale: In Switzerland alone there are 41 S's and 5 X's for sale. I didn't check all the cars but most had only 50 to 100km on the ODO, some around 1'000 km (loaners). The majority of the inventory cars are CHF 5k cheaper as if configured new.
My bet is, a refresh on the S is imminent. Not design wise but eventually batteries and motors. We have seen these sales before the first refresh of the S as well.

My bet is, a refresh on the S is imminent. Not design wise but eventually batteries and motors. We have seen these sales before the first refresh of the S as well.

Yes, first refreshing the drive train (some combination of motors and batteries) was my speculation as well, because it will allow people to order classic-style Model S/X while taking advantage of the upgraded drive train.

I'd also expect a meaningful price increase again as well, this will make everyone who ordered at these low prices happy as well.