Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Judge granted the SEC motion to file a reply the same day it was requested. Late last night Elon’s Attorneys filed a request for a sur-reply, I find it interesting that the Judge has yet to accept that request. Perhaps, she is currently judging the case on its merits, and may issue a summary dismissal to not waste any more of the courts time. Probably a very low likelihood, and I am not a lawyer so have no idea if such a thing would be possible. The optimist in me wants to think that is what is happening though.

Since it is hard to predict how a judge will rule, one should not wish for too much.

But I would prefer a ruling where SEC receives criticism for how they have handled this case.

Just caved and donated 5k to Tesla for AP+FSD. Their sales tactic is insane! I think Q1 will be profitable from this kind of sales tactic.

Justification? I figured I should monitor how FSD is progressing since I have so much TSLA. Yup..that's my justification....

Going to wash my car today and welcome it as new all over again. Amazing what a little software can do.

Last edited:
Receiving a 503 error isn't technically a malfunction because that's how the software is supposed to act when the server is too busy. (No, I didn't order, so I don't know if anyone actually received a 503 error).

There was an earlier comment here about complaints about new order delays on social media with screenshots. I suspect Tesla saw it too from the server logs and delayed the price hike.

I can very well imagine them seeing unprecedented peak order flow that broke or significantly slowed down one of their payment processing backends. You wouldn't notice it unless you were trying to pay with a credit card in the relevant time period.

Tesla could have listed half a dozen easy and true reasons for the delay, why are people like @schonelucht rushing to accuse Tesla officials of lying about the reason, without any evidence whatsoever?

SMH.

Honestly, if I was the judge (okay I'm biased), I would be like why is the SEC even bringing this case and wasting the court's time. It's such a trivial tweet that didn't move the stock price. I think with all the waste in government, most Americans would agree that this is such an outlandish waste of govt resources. Yeah, Musk has a fraught history, but bring me (the judge) something with more meat, some blatant violation, not trivial BS. I really cannot believe that this case is actually being adjudicated.

Tesla could have listed half a dozen easy and true reasons for the delay, why are people rushing to accuse Tesla of lying about the reason, without any evidence whatsoever?

We all know that Tesla demand is faltering after the end of the tax credit, right? I mean nobody(!1one!11!) is buying their cars any longer - so of course it can't be that their systems are overloaded... /s

BTW: Norway at 389 cars for today. I say that's a good day for Tesla in Norway. In fact, I would say the BEST day for Tesla in Norway :)

EDIT: are we going to hear from the judge after "after hours"? Or do we think there is extensive negotiation going on behind the scenes now?

It is a malfunction - the server is not supposed to get too busy. Esp., in this cloud computing era when you can expand your compute power at will depending on need.
Tell that to Apple every time they have a preorder rush. And I know they have state of the art cloud computing, but it still gets overwhelmed. Roads aren't supposed to have potholes either.

Timothy B. Lee at ArsTechnica is a reliable Tesla basher and FUDster, and he's at it again today:

It would be nice if anyone with Ars Technica street cred could push back a bit and insert a few factoids into the discussion.

I have no idea what Timothy B. Lee's problem with Elon is, but his reporting is viscously slanted and biased, roughly on the level of Dana Hull and Linette Lopez. This goes well beyond just click-bait journalism.

Timothy B. Lee at ArsTechnica is a reliable Tesla basher and FUDster, and he's at it again today:

Musk defense “borders on the ridiculous,” SEC tells court
It would be nice if anyone with Ars Technica street cred could push back a bit and insert a few factoids into the discussion.

I have no idea what Timothy B. Lee's problem with Elon is, but his reporting is viscously slanted and biased, roughly on the level of Dana Hull and Linette Lopez. This goes well beyond just click-bait journalism.

If you think he's bad, you should see Gitlin. He literally believes the Starship is a project designed to distract Elon so SpaceX can get real work done. Gitlin is one of their automobile writers.

upload_2019-3-19_15-45-49.png