Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. But not just the quarterly delivery announcement.
Hard to remember when ANY announcement (that is not a surprise EOQ earnings) resulted in a higher SP in recent memory. Better that they don’t announce anything these days so that shorts cannot spin FUD.
Context matters though. If we are near bottom of range, it's much harder for bears to cause a big drop on an event. Disappointment is definitely expected at this point. Sentiment sucks. It's no different in the opposite direction when the stock is at the upper end of range and sentiment is very high. Expectations are then high and it's very easy to not meet those expectations.

Yes. One reason is that about 300 Teslas for the EU missed the boat and are sitting on Pier 80,
Still trying to get to the cool table. on Twitter

So it's said. But Pier 80 looks pretty dang barren on satellite. While Tesla was actively shipping:

upload_2019-3-22_21-7-13.png

Since then:
upload_2019-3-22_21-7-56.png

then you'd have to believe that Bloomberg's model, which has been accurate to within a half percent the last couple quarters
No, it hasn't been. Bloomberg is RETROACTIVELY adjusting their 'forecasts' AFTER the quarterly production numbers are released by Tesla (correcting a 13.2% lowside error for 2018Q4, then lying about their forecast).

Play attention to what they're doing while they're doing it, not to what they say they did afterward. Bloomberg is true sleazeball reporting.

3 days later, Bloomberg claimed their 'estimates' were correct all along

Context matters though. If we are near bottom of range, it's much harder for bears to cause a big drop on an event. Disappointment is definitely expected at this point. Sentiment sucks. It's no different in the opposite direction when the stock is at the upper end of range and sentiment is very high. Expectations are then high and it's very easy to not meet those expectations.

Main concern until deliveries is macro.

Reactions: bdy0627 and mekberg
You’d be suprised at the level of cheapness of people buying $120k cars

I don't know about 1,000 miles. But, yes, there are some very frugal rich people. How else would they have become rich.
I work with a lot of high and ultra high net worth individuals. Most of them you would not be able to identify just walking down the street. It's usually just their kids that need to show it off and blow the money.

Can some one please answer this . I have never taken a delivery from tesla but have seen some online, i am wondering why the majority of the explaining of how the car and touch screen works isn't explained in a video tutorial from the touch screen itself. eg if it was showing you how to turn on the fan you would here a voice directing you and where to press highlighted on the screen. Im asking this in reference to the delivery hell they keep ending up in it seems this would allow them to deliver cars much more efficiently

As a soon to be buyer, I would like those instruction videos to be accessible in my browser via my Tesla account.

Reactions: UncaNed
Contrary to Mark B. S., this is definitely good news. Judge Nathan spent several days reviewing the outlandish case and then told Musk's lawyers to go ahead and rebut the SEC.

She knows they've already prepared the reply, so the one-day limit is to cut the extra two pages out. (She is sending a "stop being so verbose" message).

I think she's going to rebuke Musk and also rebuke the SEC and is trying to figure out how to do it.

I can believe that.

One point I forgot to make when I described my impression of the sentiment of the TSLA short sellers is that the huge divide in the expectations regarding the outcome of this case between the longs and the shorts, is that a _lot_ of people will be dissatisfied regardless of how the judge rules.

While this argument most likely has zero legal relevance, the judge could be looking for a way to avoid being criticized for taking sides.

Personally, not disappointed at all. Just stating a fact from observation.
I've been swing trading TSLA and making some good money because this stock is more predictable than all my other holdings in that regard. I am optimistic of Tesla, don't get me wrong. Just need to make money as is given with TSLA.
Do feel for those that just holds on and rides the roller coaster with no gains realized.

I don't know about 1,000 miles. But, yes, there are some very frugal rich people. How else would they have become rich.
I work with a lot of high and ultra high net worth individuals. Most of them you would not be able to identify just walking down the street. It's usually just their kids that need to show it off and blow the money.
You just proved the point of why this program will be a success

dude, i'm over 70, i lived that stuff "in real time"

sarcasm
noun
sar·casm | \ ˈsär-ˌka-zəm \
Definition of sarcasm

1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
b: the use or language of sarcasm

The objective is to promote Tesla and move as many Teslas as possible.

The tech youtubber with over 8M subscribers does this so does the general interest youtubber with over a million subscribers.

Attracting Casey Neistat with over 11M subscribers and Pewdiepie with over 87M subscribers into the Teslaverse accomplishes that.

The above I would categorize as media stars. The Tesla specific youtubbers with ~100k subscribers are doing the yeomans work of marketing for Tesla. They started their channels way before the referral program. Some gave up their day jobs to promote Tesla. Good on them for winning Model S/X Ludicrous and Roadsters.

Now about Fred.....
Oh c'mon bro, don't talk about Pewdiepie over here. This is TMC, not stocktwits! :rolleyes:

GF3 starts installing steel roof structure:

探访上海临港特斯拉超级工厂:钢结构屋顶开始吊装_IT新闻_博客园

"On March 20th, the builders were hoisting steel roof trusses. On the same day, the Tesla Super Factory Project (Phase I) rigged the two sets of steel roof trusses successfully."

"The rigging of the grid is in the form of a three-dimensional grid and a triangular cone grid structure, measuring 24*26*8 meters and weighing 38 tons. The steel structure is mainly composed of 95 rectangular frame columns and steel mesh frame roofs. The grid frame adopts the bolt ball + welded ball joints of the forward quadrangular pyramid type."

"The completion of the smooth hoisting marked the official start of the hoisting construction of the entire super factory grid structure."

66372-20190322170039259-697178100.jpg

66372-20190322170039258-1416765677.jpg

66372-20190322170039279-817850235.jpg

More images at the link.