Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The depositary of the offer has advised that, as of 5:00 p.m., Eastern time, on March 27, 2019, a total of approximately 5,964,871 shares of Maxwell common stock had been validly tendered and not validly withdrawn in the offer.

With 45M shares outstanding, doesn't seem like Maxwell shareholders are biting. How much of those 6M were pledged by insiders at the time of the initial offer? What is MXWL really worth to Tesla?

Two days ago Lex Fridman posted this on Twitter: "For 3+ years, I've been leading a large-scale study at MIT on human interaction w/ Tesla Autopilot. First paper & video with novel, surprising results will be out next week."

I believe thousands of real Tesla drivers sent in feedback.

I remember there were several sections with a lot of questions. In my view it's the most carefully designed survey I have ever participated. I gave honest feedback to every question. In the end I attached a picture of my car, along with the VIN number.

With 45M shares outstanding, doesn't seem like Maxwell shareholders are biting. How much of those 6M were pledged by insiders at the time of the initial offer? What is MXWL really worth to Tesla?

Going to be interesting.

Non-pledgers are clearly taking a chance. If there were other industry folks interested you would think there would have been a higher bid already. I wonder how many current owners are wall st folks playing the game.

In any event, No deal and they go back to $3.

Reactions: neroden
[EDIT] This is IMHO a terrific graphic for countering the FUD about EV emissions: specifically, the looney idea that EVs generate as much or more emissions than ICE cars because, “as everyone knows, power plants just burn coal and that is dirtier than gasoline”.
The counter to that is, "So you're saying you're taking your house off the grid and supplying power to it with a gasoline generator? After all, it's cleaner, according to you..." :rolleyes:

Yeah, this is really weird. If the Tesla purchase doesn't go through, the price will presumably drop back to where it was before the takeover offer... $3.07 on Feb 1. I'm thinking now I should rescind my tender offer and sell the shares.

Well that 5th April $297,5 option was up 200% today - I considered selling it, but still think there's plenty of upside in the coming week, including nice surprise on deliveries. Worst-case scenario, I lose $140, what the hell.

I did though inform my wife that if I'd sold all our common shares and loaded up on that option, we could have made a quarter of a million €, in 2 days...

Hindsight's a bitch.

About S/X sales for Q1.

Will be interesting to see the numbers next week. S/X are down in Europe...….but that could be by design and it would be logical. The AWD and P 3's have just a good of margin if not higher margin than what was standard range S/X. They only were going to do a certain number of ships to Europe for Q1 and there's limited space on the ships. Meanwhile they deliver more S/X in US(maybe China as well since the trade war tariff's were suspended starting in Q1) to make up the deficit in Europe

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: adaptabl and Nakata