Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the European wiki numbers it looks like Model 3 vs S&X is 13k vs 2.2k. i.e. 6:1.

If that ratio holds we may see lower S&X than 15k.

I'm assuming 4:1 - 60k Model 3 to 15k S&X.

And in some markets (Japan, S. Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, etc) the 3:S+X ratio will be zero. 3 is not available everywhere. Also - for whatever you can trust the InsideEVs numbers - the ratio for the US is 3,35 to 1.

That said, 4 probably isn't a crazy ratio to go with. But 60k Model 3s is pretty low. 5k better than consensus, mind you. ;)

Last edited:
I thought they ran water-cooling tubes through the whole thing.

In Michael Hiltzik’s history, he says the heat at the site meant the concrete wouldn’t harden for decades. The Engineers built a cooling station and ran cooling coils through metal tubes they inserted into the concrete. Once the concrete hardened, they removed the coils and poured concrete into the tubes.

Reactions: Prunesquallor
Yup.

It appears that there was vulnerability that provided a way to get root access, and that it was fixed by releases in 2017 and 2018, which seems a good thing.

The other stuff does seem silly.
But even that is not an issue to me, if you can gain root wirelessly, that’s vulnerability for sure.

If you need to physically get hands on the computer to do that, actually you would have many ways to gain root access, that’s not vulnerability in my book, same applies to any computer.

MODERATOR:
For the sake of all that is important, PLEASE do not post anything that might be considered material on 1 April without also noting whether or not this is an April Fool's Prank.
It is great to have fun, as no one knows better than your favorite Mod, but on today of all days, it is appropriate to confine such postings to items that in no way could be considered material (or, unfortuantely, On Topic but so it goes).

NOT an April Fool's post. Other than it being posted on 1 April.

~~~Thank you~~~

Tough crowd in here! :pis

Alert TSLAQ! Tesla's just giving away cars now!

No joke, they just gave me a Model 3 with my factory tour today...

IMG_3390.jpeg

... because they asked if there were any day 1 line standers in the the group and then asked if I'd received a little present with my 3. Isn't it cute? :cool:

So I've been thinking (uh oh) about this contempt motion by the SEC relating to Musk's immaterial tweet and have come to the inescapable (at least today) conclusion that Cheryl Crumpton is a sleeper agent who has been activated by Elon Musk to undo the machinations of the Eddorians. Yes, while Musk is not an alien he is in fact part of the Arisian breeding program. We can only pray that the Eddorians don't detect the subtle hand of the Arisians here, but Musk is having a hard time playing this game with a poker face, even changing his handle to "Jung Musk" to reflect his standing as a padawan.
Lensman? Wow. Padawan? To boldly mix sci-fi analogies that no person has mixed before!
(To boldly split infinitives that no person has split before...)

In Michael Hiltzik’s history, he says the heat at the site meant the concrete wouldn’t harden for decades. The Engineers built a cooling station and ran cooling coils through metal tubes they inserted into the concrete. Once the concrete hardened, they removed the coils and poured concrete into the tubes.
I think the issue with heat is that it would cure too quickly and not gain full strength.

If the dam were built in a single continuous pour, the concrete would have gotten so hot that it would have taken 125 years for the concrete to cool to ambient temperatures. The resulting stresses would have caused the dam to crack and crumble away.

Concrete Curing Temperature Makes a Difference | Powerblanket

I am somewhat hedged with the expectation of a drop on the P&D report via covered calls and short-term puts. If I'm wrong, I can always roll the covered calls out as needed - fine by me while the underlying is going up in value - and I'm okay taking a small hit on the long puts if they expire worthless.

• Helpful
Reactions: saniflash