Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Week leading up to the event is a fairly sure bet. Depends how much steak there will be from the event when deciding whether to sell beforehand or not. I was hoping for steak in the model Y reveal and came up empty handed.

One would hope this one will be a much more positive outcome. It does seem hastily birthed from demand concerns. What are they going to show that we don’t already know or expect?
I'd be a seller going INTO the event though. I can't really see anything coming out of the event that is going to interest more people in the stock or people to accumulate at this point.

I AM surprised that the bi-partisan bill to extend the Federal Tax Credit (could be $7000 going forward) to the first 600K cars (not the 200K phase out going on now) didn't have a bigger effect on the stock. it didn't, quite literally nothing.

And as well, I'm surprised that the ceasing of investment by Panasonic in the GF1 didn't have a bigger effect on the stock.

You all already know what I think that means...

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I swear the Bloomberg headline this morning said "Tesla and Panasonic Freeze Gigafactory Expansion"

...but a few hours later it says "Moderate" instead of "Freeze."

Theory: they want to do damage, but once the stock is down and others are using that language, they change their wording to make it not look so harsh.

Correct. The exact title read:

"Tesla and Panasonic Freeze Expansion of Gigafactory, Nikkei Says"
Notice the weasel words in bold? Since Bloomberg had no independent source, they innoculated themselves by naming Nikkei in their headline.

You know, to divert attention from having no actual source. :oops:

#BoombergBareRaid

2700 miles and it all happened in the first 500 or so. The service center in SF is full of cars will all sorts of issues, one guy had an AP issue i have never heard of before. Most of the issues I see are design and materials based sans the drive system.
We have 3 model 3s. Total miles about 45,000. Only a few very minor issues with the 2017 one, taken care of quickly. The two newer cars have had zero issues.

Hmmm, we seem to be referencing different documents. I was referencing X-fan's link, which was for 2017. Which I believe is also what Dondy was referring to.

For your link - all the gigafactory related discussions were in the AIS company (but energy business), and I think that's where the confusion is. There's a separate "Energy" business in the other "companies" as well.

Anyway, if you're supporting X-fan's claim of a $180 million loss, I'm not seeing it.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Hmmm, we seem to be referencing different documents. I was referencing X-fan's link, which was for 2017. Which I believe is also what Dondy was referring to.

For your link - all the gigafactory related discussions were in the AIS company (but energy business), and I think that's where the confusion is. There's a separate "Energy" business in the other "companies" as well.

Anyway, if you're supporting X-fan's claim of a $180 million loss, I'm not seeing it.

I'm not.

upload_2019-4-11_22-16-30.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog and neroden
Instead of advertising, I would like to see leases. I've had 2 collegues who were in the market, liked TSLA, but didn't want to buy because of no lease and high APR for purchases. (I bought my SUV with like 0% interest ...)

Is there a reason why there are no leases on the 3? Any issue with residuals, would leases not be profitable ?

Advertising is necessary, needed to defeat FUD and create demand with new customers (i.e., the 99% of people who have never been on a Tesla message board).

What the is objection on this thread to advertising for Tesla?

Reactions: sundaymorning
I see lots of references to a "Model S/X Refresh" here. I've explored TMC a bit and I'm not finding any. I'd love to be wrong. Can someone point me to ANYTHING from Elon or Tesla that points to an imminent S/X refresh?

I would expect the same notice as was given for HW2. i.e. Announced after the fact.

This advertisement thing keeps coming up...
(Few hundred post behind).You can make a great car that advertise itself or you can make a mediocre car and advertise it as a great car. I know which route Tesla picked.

Heck it’s so great of a car that I advertise it to friends and family.
Yes the car is great and will help sell itself BUT service, communication and presales are also important. Telling people they can order a $35,000 car and get it in 2-3 weeks then shortly saying 6-8?weeks then indefinite does not sit well. As does the many stories of people waiting months on parts after an accident. If Tesla could execute on those as well as they can design the car the sky would be the limit with no need to advertise.

Is there a reason why there are no leases on the 3? Any issue with residuals, would leases not be profitable ?

Advertising is necessary, needed to defeat FUD and create demand with new customers (i.e., the 99% of people who have never been on a Tesla message board).

What the is objection on this thread to advertising for Tesla?

It aids TSLA but only costs Tesla, (while production constrained). And long term TSLA will reach true value anyway.

I’ve been in TSLA since 2012, with between 1000 and 2500 shares as time goes by. . Let’s see, about 6 episodes per year where we all think the sky is falling times 7 years= 42 episodes where we think the sky is falling. Yet even I, after 42 of these doom and gloom episodes need to remind myself that this too will simply be a blip in TSLA history. I can’t even specifically remember 10% of the past “end of the world” episodes. Considering the amazing feats, against tough odds that has been taken on and succeeded by Tesla, what we are talking about here today ( frankly we don’t even know what we are talking about) is a blip in the big picture.

FTFY:

Tesla: "Apr 22 is Autonomy Investor Day."
TMC: "S/X refresh confirmed!!!"

:p