Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, but your logic doesn’t hold. The whole contempt argument was whether Elon’s tweet was material, but the original agreement formed too loose a definition. They have been forced to explicitly state what is material information. Plus they’ll be withdrawing their contempt case too.

Agree with what you said. But the idea that the original 420 case was weak and now that Elon and his team would have another chance at the settlement they wouldn’t budge as much as played out as completely false. The new Twitter policy is just as if not a little more restrictive than the old one. And the tweet the SEC went to court over is basically exactly the type that now needs to be approved. Not hard to realize here that Elon’s side was not willing to throw away the settlement because even if the contempt motion was denied the settlement it self was in peril and they were not willing to go through the fraud case again.

Oh, look, they settled and Musk clearly won.
It's not that every Tesla tweet has to be reviewed.
No, he can still tweet freely about employees morale, and... Must be some other stuff too...

But to wrap up, this was a grown up thing of Musk to do.

@Fact Checking, nice answer earlier. I would think answering my personal message from Wed (to hash out our differences) would've been better form, but, of course, where is the glory in that?

The only people who won are lawyers that get paid for the nonsense.

Still thankful for that purchase? If so, I have a few hundred I'll sell you for $251. In fact, I'll sell them to you for $245. I'm a nice guy like that.
Sure I'm still happy about it. Even happier that it was DCA'd down today. :)

How you making out?

I love a sale, and I'm in no rush to sell in the next few years. I have a long time horizon. Hope you do, too.

Tesla is not going to fail IMHO, so, I sleep well.

Always have dry powder is something I learned in '08 - '09.

[QUOTE="The infamous "make 500,0000 cars in 2019" number Elonism looks to be much harder to realize as it can't lean on botched delivery scheduling in the period preceding it. Nearly 10,000 over a week is what this would mean after 24 bit decoding. And we've not seen them get much past 2k for S+X, right? Might the partial Q1 shut down have also have helped maximum throughput? I want to believe it, but don't expect it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much at this point, the 500k in 2019(or technically 500k run rate) is all based on if you think Giga 3 is going to be operational to the tune of 2-3k/week by the end of 2019. The latest news is encouraging on that front.....

They always have cars in transit. They hopefully have a lot more than 10,600 in transit right now.

If they really get rid of the wave and ship to all regions steadily they will average around 20k cars in transit. With the wave approach they approached 40k in early March. So far this month's ship loading pattern looks a lot like January, so in transit has been growing. We should see a change in pattern within a few weeks.
The source of the wave is transitioning assembly to produce the unique aspects of the exports - at full speed. I don’t know how they smooth that out other than accumulating inventory then shipping it at a constant rate. They need a buffer in the system.

Agree with what you said. But the idea that the original 420 case was weak and now that Elon and his team would have another chance at the settlement they wouldn’t budge as much as played out as completely false. The new Twitter policy is just as if not a little more restrictive than the old one. And the tweet the SEC went to court over is basically exactly the type that now needs to be approved. Not hard to realize here that Elon’s side was not willing to throw away the settlement because even if the contempt motion was denied the settlement it self was in peril and they were not willing to go through the fraud case again.

Whatever position of power TSLA had to pressure this case went out the window when the Q1 ER showed a 300% worst result than predicted. Any more schenanigans with this case would've caused the stock price to drop even more.

It's actually a good time to do this since we are past the phase where we need startup style hype and fund raising. Elon's credibility is shot as well so hyping on twitter will have no effect at all. In fact, it'd proba ly have an adverse effect as ppl will now think, "here he goes with that 420 tweet again"

Eh, the penalty was "shrouding TSLA in uncertainty", which significantly contributed to the free-falling SP in the past couple of weeks.

Hard to put numbers on indirect damage, but this stunt certainly wasn't cheap.

Which stunt are you referring to? The one the SEC pulled? Because I have not seen any other stunt.

he doesn’t really have magic 8 ball

Just wanted to say: your avatar makes me happy.

It felt so bad today. Today’s stock movement felt like someone attacked me, I felt pushed, I am bruised, and I am full of anger and revenge.

Just a terrible feeling. On top I imagine all the TSLAQs must be celebrating today for have brought down the hope we had in TSLA. Feels like the stupid Uber ( who has no great impact on humanity is valued twice as Tesla) or Ford who sell gas guzzling vehicles are winning and Tesla keep getting pushed.

I know Tesla will strike back but that is for future. Today felt like *sugar*!! :(

Today sucked, but if your time horizon is years out, does it really matter what the stock is doing today?

Let's hope so. Going outside of the boilinger band is hard and going down past the trendline is harder, especially in a market where Macro is going up.

So the most likely event on Monday is a rebound or dead cat bounce. But I don't have much hope for it at the moment as the candle stick pattern of the three black crow is formed. This is a very strong downward trend continuation indicator.

I think technical analysis has its uses, tenuous as they may be, but candlestick formations do not exist in a vacuum, and are worthless in the face of material information. Does the SEC resolution fit that bill? We'll see. I'm interested to see if it brings some buyers in off the sidelines, which might lead to some FOMO buying pressure, and if that's followed up by solid April delivery numbers, we could get some relief in the stock price. A lot of "ifs" there, but it's something to think about.