Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it. But if Tesla spends money on Superchargers in the places where we have to travel, well, they could probably better spend their Supercharger budget elsewhere. It may just come down to us renting a vehicle that can do Chademo or CCS a couple times per year. Or even a gasser. We have some time before we buy. We’ll figure it out.
We used to own a Leaf. There is no comparison between the ride and driving experience of a Model 3 and a Leaf. Model 3 is a million times better. Unless you are 80 years old and never drive faster than 30 mph, you would have to be crazy to buy a Leaf over a Model 3.

Relentless short attacks. This has got to stop, someone do something!

I did my part yesterday by ordering a brand new Model X.

What I don’t understand is this: the new car I just ordered is a maxed out top of the line P100DL but still $15K cheaper than the 90D that I bought 3 years ago! Why did Tesla lower prices on flagship X and S? The car is so much better now, they should have raised prices! It’s not like people who buy this car are poor! Feels like a tax cut for the super rich.

How much did you get on the trade-in of the 90?

I think you’re just parroting the people on the other side of hall now. I’ve never actually heard him cry wolf. Or fire.

I have heard him admit his mistakes. I have heard him express truths about himself. I have heard him say he’s working on improving himself.

Sugar happens, that’s just a fact. He’s aggressive with timelines. His teams miss those timelines a good part of the time. No biggie because the tasks still get done.

His outlook is almost always optimistic. So what? I’m optimistic every night before I close my eyes thinking not only will I wake but I’ll also be able to drag my broke arse out of bed. So far I’ve woken every morning but there are days the body says, ‘Not to today!’

There’s a lot of ways forward. The fact you want him to cater to the thieves and bandits of the world, is well...interesting at best. I’d naturally prefer he kick them in the face and just keep on keepin’ on.

Well this is what I'm referring to, the overly optimistic time-lines. I know Tesla will deliver, but I do not believe they will deliver when Elon says they will. I'm OK with that, but Wall Street, MSM, shorty, bears, et al. do care, or at least use this as a continual basis to attack Tesla.

So I think he should stop pulling predictions out of his ass - as he was clearly doing live "on TV" at the FSD event and just focus on execution. For sure push them internally to get things done, but stop with the over-promising.

Everything has been overhyped, with the result that there is no longer any hype.

Relentless short attacks. This has got to stop, someone do something!

I did my part yesterday by ordering a brand new Model X.

What I don’t understand is this: the new car I just ordered is a maxed out top of the line P100DL but still $15K cheaper than the 90D that I bought 3 years ago! Why did Tesla lower prices on flagship X and S? The car is so much better now, they should have raised prices! It’s not like people who buy this car are poor! Feels like a tax cut for the super rich.
Tesla sold 50% less Model S & X than last quarter and your strategy would be raise price?

=the new car I just ordered is a maxed out top of the line P100DL but still $15K cheaper than the 90D that I bought 3 years ago! Why did Tesla lower prices on flagship X and S? The car is so much better now, they should have raised prices!

It's not about the sticker price, it's about the gross margin. We know that the S/X line is more efficient now. We know from the financials that the gross margin is higher as a percentage now. So you get a better new car for less, and Tesla makes more money.

Two more importantant points to recognise:
  1. more people can afford that exact car now, so demand goes up, Tesla sells more
  2. you bought a brand new car when you still owned a perfectly good 3 yr old car
This is a classic win/win. And I'll through in a 3rd win, who will be the next owner of your tradein Model X.

Now if he or she parks an ICEbreaker to move up into that sweet X, that's the 4th win. :D

Cheers!

I believe it. But if Tesla spends money on Superchargers in the places where we have to travel, well, they could probably better spend their Supercharger budget elsewhere. It may just come down to us renting a vehicle that can do Chademo or CCS a couple times per year. Or even a gasser. We have some time before we buy. We’ll figure it out.
I have an early Leaf, 2013 that I've "given" to my son and his wife as he has a 10 mile RT commute and they have a ICEV for her. The deal I made with them is if they ever need both cars to travel outside the 40 mile circle of comfort, they can swap with my Model 3 as long as I don't also need >40 miles.
If you have a model 3 and need to swap cars with a friend or family member for the weekend that have an ICEV, I'm relatively certain you will have a bidding war for your Tesla.

Everyone staring at each other wondering who is finally going to start buying. Until then...guess the shorts will have their way.
Well, I'm eyeing it. Such a good opportunity. But my whole investment account is worth less than what many posters here do in a single transaction. My purchases have zero effect on the price.

Out of the stocks I own Tsla is making me the most worried right now. But I realized after watching the Chamath interview that all my worry is just for the stock Tsla. The company Tesla is killing it right now. They have completed part one of their master plan and are well on their way to completing part deux.

There will be some days like today for a month or two when lower volume lets the stock drift way down. Good buying opportunities. I was too close to holding 420 so i fixed that today. Probably peanuts compared to most here but don't knock it. I have 0.00024% of Tesla now.:cool:
If TSLA was a sure bet then there wouldn't be any money to be made with it.

We used to own a Leaf. There is no comparison between the ride and driving experience of a Model 3 and a Leaf. Model 3 is a million times better. Unless you are 80 years old and never drive faster than 30 mph, you would have to be crazy to buy a Leaf over a Model 3.

For sure it would be crazy to buy the new Leaf over a 3. But, leasing a new Leaf is almost half the price of leasing a 3. There are other factors people choose cars besides speed and age ;)

Reactions: DurandalAI
upload_2019-5-1_17-9-8.png

at leas tthis is history

No one here has enough to make an effect on the price.
that just underscores the point. Talk about "propping up the stock price" is IMO silly. Shorts have their way because they have the cash to blow (or not, with the naked shorting option available to market makers). And there has been considerable buying. Given the volume it is clear that there is a lot of shorting going on just to keep the stock price down with plenty of people willing to buy at the bargain prices, but not enough to sustain the price.

Regrettably, aggressive with timelines equates with barely believable
If not contempt by now. And the predictable consequences are stock price declines.

Any time he misses a timeline he reinforces the short narrative.
And by the time he accomplishes his goal, it has little impact.
A win should feel like a win , it rarely does.

Consequently, At this point FSD is neither believable or discounted.

No, I will not STFU. Instead, let me ask you this:

When Elon Musk has a self-admitted problem with deadlines, how does it benefit his credibility and by extension Tesla's that he commits to forward looking statements involving specific deadlines?

There’s nothing wrong with his credibility. You’re also parroting the other side, caught up in the drama of it.

He’s not making promises, he’s giving forward looking guidance and optimistic timelines. In the end he always delivers.

I think you’re just frustrated you’re being screwed like the rest of us supporters by the scumbags, and essentially can’t do a thing about it except cross your fingers Tesla can get to the end quick enough that you can personally benefit.

I have to believe good wins in the end or what’s the point of it all? In the meantime, I refuse to give in or give up.

Everyone staring at each other wondering who is finally going to start buying. Until then...guess the shorts will have their way.
Unless there is someone buying with the intention of pushing up the price, shorts will have their way. A rational thing for any long to do is to want to buy when SP is low. But big shorts actually want to move the stock.