Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Proxy voting starting. Need some recommendations on a few:
  1. Election of Class III Director: Ira Ehrenpreis
  2. Election of Class III Director: Kathleen Wilson-Thompson
Anyone know anything about these two?

4. Tesla proposal to approve and adopt amendments to certificate of incorporation and bylaws to eliminate applicable supermajority voting requirements

This seems as if it could take away protection for Elon, and give the shorts more power.

5. Tesla proposal to approve amendment to certificate of incorporation to reduce director terms from three years to two years

Could cause more disruptions with frequent changes.

Thoughts?

I've been going through this as well. In particular, #4 concerns me as they note the purpose is to protect long term goals from short term interests. While their rationale says they see smooth sailing ahead after 2018's success and no need to continue protecting from change I'm not so sanguine.

It occurs to me that the motivation might be concern about dropping below 2/3 majority and so the reduction could be necessary to protect Tesla's long term interests by permitting a simple majority to make previously protected decisions. If so, that concerns me because it would express a lack of confidence in controlling the company.

I'm interested in counterarguments or explanations as to how my concern is misplaced.

Happy to see the stock in the green for once.

Having said that........I'm pretty disappointed with the news. Tesla's doing this from a point of weakness....extreme weakness. As much as I love elon, he is not savvy at the game of wall st. He pretty much got played by them by not raising when the share price was over $100 higher. I get that some things in Q1 were unforeseen but you gotta have a bit more insight into the future quarter for your business. Changes nothing about my overall thoughts of Elon or Tesla or their imminent domination of EVs.....just disappointing. I hate the Wall St machine and it pretty much won out once again.:oops:

Happy to see the stock in the green for once.

Having said that........I'm pretty disappointed with the news. Tesla's doing this from a point of weakness....extreme weakness. As much as I love elon, he is not savvy at the game of wall st. He pretty much got played by them by not raising when the share price was over $100 higher. I get that some things in Q1 were unforeseen but you gotta have a bit more insight into the future quarter for your business. Changes nothing about my overall thoughts of Elon or Tesla or their imminent domination of EVs.....just disappointing. I hate the Wall St machine and it pretty much won out once again.:oops:

Yeah.

But EVs in the end. All that matters. Tesla is on track.

I've been going through this as well. In particular, #4 concerns me as they note the purpose is to protect long term goals from short term interests. While their rationale says they see smooth sailing ahead after 2018's success and no need to continue protecting from change I'm not so sanguine.

It occurs to me that the motivation might be concern about dropping below 2/3 majority and so the reduction could be necessary to protect Tesla's long term interests by permitting a simple majority to make previously protected decisions. If so, that concerns me because it would express a lack of confidence in controlling the company.

I'm interested in counterarguments or explanations as to how my concern is misplaced.

Counter argument: it’s rarely as good as you think and never as bad as you think.

We need a trading/short term investment thread back again. Many don't have any interest in that, as is obvious with this general thread, but some of us do. With a general thread, it's very frustrating not to be able to focus on short term stock movements during market hours. There is only one solution and that's to create the thread. Perhaps it could be very limited to stock movement to keep a very active general thread as well?

well, there’s so many threads out there. let’s just try it and see if it sticks. no downside really

Reactions: bdy0627