Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be very clear, it was not “misinterpreted”, it was misquoted. He did not write it in a language that could be misinterpreted. When you’re willing to completely change what was said, then no amount of care can prevent such “misinterpretation”.
Point is, Elon didn’t even have to write that email or include such details. Also a CEO running two company’s should not be revieweing expenses individually. It signals red flags to the market

Sure this has been posted here before. Thought i'd share in case it hasn't.

Correcting Audi: Tesla Model 3 Charges Over 2 Times Faster Than Audi e-tron | CleanTechnica

"
Matthew Mostafaei, Audi’s manager for e-tron, presented data taken from Twitter during the New York Auto Show without naming the source. (That’s plagiarism.) The data was misrepresented by plotting it on a different axis. (That’s a falsification.) He then used the data to show the e-tron’s charging superiority over the Model 3, when it actually proves the opposite. (That’s deception.) You may call this good marketing. I call it a brazen lie. At best, it is a highly misleading accident.

"

Wow what a disaster.

You guys can blame shorts and media all you want, this comes down to lack of execution that the stock ever got this low to begin with. Almost no institution support at these prices is troubling.

Yes, big disaster! I just crapped in my pants. So being such a gambler and bag holder, after clean myself up and found $70k from my back pocket, I am gonna triple down my losing bet. In case the other wise folk is concerned, my gambler wife said "do NOT touch the college fund" which I am not touching.

So the plan is to buy about $10k today close to market close, and buy $10k everytime the stock is down another $10. then hold until bankruptcy. And just found that I am one of those lucky "accredited investor", so a little evil in me just wish Elon can just try to take Tesla private again.

Please, wise folks, don't worry about my family. My cushy job and a small bet on Amazon 5 years ago, seem to feed my kids just fine, my wife has her own busy job and she earns more than me.

i don’t know what you mean. i didn’t even think about the keying incidents when i replied to you. only about the advertising. i’ve had several posts with my POV on why advertising now isn’t the answer.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

but i agree with you that it works, if done well. i believe tesla is capable of an extraordinary ad campaign, because the product is compelling and their videos are done well to capture that effect.

sorry got you confused with someone that replied to me with saying keying would go up after advertising

• Funny
Reactions: Boomer19
Overpromising? How is an overpromise on FSD worse than a car like a 3 series that has zero chance at ever getting FSD?
Nice deflection attempt.
So if I promise you a better heaven than any other faith, that's a won for me by default?

That 3-series may well achieve FSD sooner. Because when someone other than Tesla achieve FSD, it will not be kept a limited edition. In fact, I remember there was a BMW decades ago that could lap a track as quick as a pro driver.
Even if Tesla wins the race to FSD and they get to use it world wide, the way they now promise to deploy it is self limiting. In a reality where only Teslas are FSD, there will be a decisive global effort to get a competitor for it. Heck, with just one supplier, some markets may ban it for monopoly while destroying jobs.
The moment another supplier achieves FSD, it will undercut Tesla. You can get driven to the airport by a wonderfully comfortable and roomy car from another brand for $20 or a Tesla will do it for $40. I don't see Tesla making a whole lot of money off RoboTaxi, they can't monopolize it and their cars are too costly.

Neal Boudete from the NYT and Russ Mitchell from LAT behave as if they are a wholly owned subsidiary of TSLA trolls on twitter.

You just have to peruse their twitter feed (link in the names above) to realise that @tinm is living in la la land. They don't even bother to hide the fact that they are anti Tesla.

EDIT: Russ Mitchell has blocked me on twitter :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm honestly shocked at what such journalists are allowed to post on Twitter. Pretty wild stuff.

View attachment 409877

Granted, TSLA was insanely overvalued back then, and still (arguably) overvalued in some aspects now, this is funny

CMG just makes burritos and is trading at half the market cap as Tesla. (or 33% of Enterprise Val). I am not complaining though- CMG and DPZ are keeping me form the gut wrenching pain and depression caused by TSLA the last few months.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
What's with the talk about losing sleep? If Tesla goes to zero I'll be out about 170k. If it eventually stabilizes back at 290, I'll break even. If it goes to 500 I'll make 130k. If it goes to 1000 I'll make 430k. If it goes sky high one day to 4000 I'm looking at over 2 million profit.

Worst case my retirement is delayed by a couple years. Best case, I retire 10 years early and help support a company on the vanguard of slowing down climate change.
and there are the strange few who don't want to ever retire because they love their job and have no hobby and become extremely uneasy when bored. Stranger even there are lots of people like that in silicon valley.

"This all-electric compact saloon majors on technology, performance and driving fun, making it every bit as desirable as Tesla’s more expensive models, yet it also marries compact car dimensions and manoeuvrability with family-friendly practicality and comfort. Excellent on a number of levels, and nothing short of brilliant on others."

One can try to reason this drop however they want, but reality is that there is nothing that can bring this back up right now besides hard evidence to show increased production/delivery. Plain and simple.
Nah, I think sentiment will start shifting when analysts start saying "oversold"... which I think will be soon. There just isn't a lot of reason to buy right now. People want to wait to get a better read on Q2.

Point is, Elon didn’t even have to write that email or include such details.

For the last time:
Here's why lottery winners go broke

Why do 70 percent of lottery winners end up bankrupt? - cleveland.com

Also a CEO running two company’s should not be revieweing expenses individually. It signals red flags to the market
Elon is only checking 1/10 of the expenses, and the CEO can do whatever they deem in the company's best interest.

Nice deflection attempt.
The moment another supplier achieves FSD, it will undercut Tesla. You can get driven to the airport by a wonderfully comfortable and roomy car from another brand for $20 or a Tesla will do it for $40. I don't see Tesla making a whole lot of money off RoboTaxi, they can't monopolize it and their cars are too costly.

Hmmmm? Having multiple middle-men trying to take a cut of the pie will make other brands cheaper against TSLA which is a fully integrated stack. Not sure i get that logic. Think about the FSD chip. Buy from NVDA and get an inferior product which costs 20% more than the in-house chip.

Well, for me the good news is that throughout this downward channel I've been able to reduce my margin usage from 50% to 13% by selling covered calls and credit spreads. The bad news is, I'm still down 33% overall.

Yes, I was dumb enough to be double leveraged. Thankfully, I wasn't monumentally stupid enough to also not hedge.