Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My worst nightmare: Elon is pissed off and organizes "Going Private 2", offers $270 per share, outvotes other investors and we are forced to sell that low.
Please tell me it is impossible.

Yeah I literally bought 400 CALLs (2021 expiry) back in the 240s a couple of weeks ago and now I'm realizing that any buyout scenario probably comes in far below that. Of course I'm already down 60+% on those but I probably need to move that to something without that exposure.

Reactions: Dig deeper
My dad sold all of his TSLA stock this week. He holds about 100 stocks, so it was not a big deal for him, but still about $60k worth of TSLA that he probably lost about 30% on. He was not a high conviction investor, mostly influenced by me in deciding to buy the stock a couple of years ago. He lives in Seattle so he sees lots of Teslas all around. The FUD was ultimately too much for him along with the weakness of the stock. He is totally convinced that Tesla is doomed at this point. Too much debt, Elon's unstable and you can't trust him, and of course, demand looks like a problem already. I decided not to try to persuade him to keep his stock at this point. I feel a little guilty about it actually. He feels better just getting rid of a loser in his portfolio. I think he's right to jettison a stock that he has low conviction in. I'm sure he's got a lot of company selling TSLA on this huge drop. We've even seen a number of old timers here decide to sell and move on. It takes serious conviction to hold TSLA through all of this.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you're able to disprove the FUD theories to him so that eventually he is convinced to buy back in; I'd hate for him to miss out on the ride back up.

Nothing is impossible, but Elon only has a bit less than 20% of outstanding shares. He’d have to convince a lot of other people to go along with it.
My theory is that he had some insight or perhaps influence into the creation of the LTSE. And he has the option to go there in his back pocket. It would be a great fit and such an epic move. Would allow retail investors to stay in while disallowing short sellers. Makes a lot of sense imo

Man im taking a beating, average share price is 290 :(. Not sure weather to hold or get out now before it's too late. I mean I used the 5k tesla refunded me on my purchase to buy the stock, but well damn.

It’s sell high, if you sell now you did exactly what the manipulators want you to do. I am sure you can see from this forum and Tesla IR info that nothing has changed in the narrative.

Pay attention to the legit info and make your decision on that.

Fire Away!

My worst nightmare: Elon is pissed off and organizes "Going Private 2", offers $270 per share, outvotes other investors and we are forced to sell that low.
Please tell me it is impossible.

I actually couldn't sleep last night because I was dreaming of a different scenario, where Elon announces (maybe at share holder meeting), that he is taking TSLA to a stock exchange that doesn't allow short selling. It would keep TSLA public, with a lot of the advantages of taking TSLA private. Can you imagine the short squeeze if that happened? Is this even possible?

My theory is that he had some insight or perhaps influence into the creation of the LTSE. And he has the option to go there in his back pocket. It would be a great fit and such an epic move. Would allow retail investors to stay in while disallowing short sellers. Makes a lot of sense imo

How do you know shorting will not be allowed at LTSE? or is that just a hope?

One thing is clear, shorts continue to rule due to a lack of buyers. At what price will enough buyers show up to negate the manipulation selling?
Long term support levels are a 'March of Thirties': $181, $151, $121, and $36.

TSLA.Support.Levels.png

If Institutional Investors are chased away by all the media/shortz B.S. then they miss out and the slide continues (becaue the naked shorting will not stop).

BS shortz want you to believe the Tesla story is over (their nightmare has to end). We know different, that the Tesla story is just ramping up into a whole new level in Phase 2.

So it's all about Belief now, at least until the P&D report, then the Q2 results. Consider your risks, position yourself accordingly. Me, Imma gonna Hodl. :cool:

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually couldn't sleep last night because I was dreaming of a different scenario, where Elon announces (maybe at share holder meeting), that he is taking TSLA to a stock exchange that doesn't allow short selling. It would keep TSLA public, with a lot of the advantages of taking TSLA private. Can you imagine the short squeeze if that happened? Is this even possible?

Personally, I think it would be healthy for both of you to take a break from following these forums and enjoy your lives a little more. Come back after you've been rejuvenated and TSLA is no longer 100% in both your conscious and subconscious mind. :p

Because that's the entire premise of LTSE.

Nowhere do they say anything like that. They say: LTSE

How will the Long-Term Stock Exchange differ from stock exchanges that exist already?
The Long-Term Stock Exchange is building the only U.S. stock exchange with a mission to help companies create lasting businesses and empower long term-focused investors.

How will the Long-Term Stock Exchange enable companies to prioritize the long term?
Our intention is to augment (subject to SEC approval) the exchange's listing rules so that when companies list with the exchange to sell shares to the public, they will adopt a set of governing practices that mirror their long-term horizon.

Not allowing short selling could be part of that, but that isn't the entire premise... In fact it seems that the entire premise is to sell companies software.

My dad sold all of his TSLA stock this week. He holds about 100 stocks, so it was not a big deal for him, but still about $60k worth of TSLA that he probably lost about 30% on. He was not a high conviction investor, mostly influenced by me in deciding to buy the stock a couple of years ago. He lives in Seattle so he sees lots of Teslas all around. The FUD was ultimately too much for him along with the weakness of the stock. He is totally convinced that Tesla is doomed at this point. Too much debt, Elon's unstable and you can't trust him, and of course, demand looks like a problem already. I decided not to try to persuade him to keep his stock at this point. I feel a little guilty about it actually. He feels better just getting rid of a loser in his portfolio. I think he's right to jettison a stock that he has low conviction in. I'm sure he's got a lot of company selling TSLA on this huge drop. We've even seen a number of old timers here decide to sell and move on. It takes serious conviction to hold TSLA through all of this.

I don’t blame him for wanting out, at his age he should be thinking about retirement, plus fear is always magnified during big drops. The Model X years were much worse than this, which is why the drop back then was much more violent. At some point the FUD will stop working, Tesla’s brand awareness is growing each and every quarter as more and more cars are delivered. The Model 3 is simply a much more superior product and with model Y coming its just really hard to pry shares out of my hands. Tesla is a long term investment. I think he’ll come to regret selling within a year or two. We have $4.9 billion in cash, I’m not as worried, just frustrated.

Personally, I think it would be healthy for both of you to take a break from following these forums and enjoy your lives a little more. Come back after you've been rejuvenated and TSLA is no longer 100% in both your conscious and subconscious mind. :p
I wish I could. My paper losses are literally making me ill (constant head ache, can't sleep, stomach hurts). If I had sold everything in December, I could have paid off my house with the profits, and still had more money left over in the account than I do now.

Given CNBC's past performance do you really think that:
A. They would let someone like that on?
B. If they did, would they allow them to speak?
C. Even if they spoke, would they not edit out the parts they didn't like?
Hard as it is to swallow, I think their best course is just to keep on executing and ignore the static. (And maybe buy back shares).
Perfect time for Ron Baron to come on. He has the right amount of gravitas and money in the bank. I have noticed that the CNBC stooges shut up and listen with rapt attention when he is on

I wonder what her source is or if she is just trolling:

VICKI SALVADOR‏Protected Tweets @VickiSalvador 1h1 hour ago

Congratulations @elonmusk on consistently hitting 1000 cars a day! Your employees deserve ALL the credit.

Or maybe it is just a terms issue... Media has been saying "cars per day" when they mean "Model 3s per day". Since with Elon's leaked email they were already probably close to 1,100 cars per day. (900 Model 3 plus 200 S&X.)

How do you know shorting will not be allowed at LTSE? or is that just a hope?
I don't know for sure. It's not a hope it's an assumption. Is shorting good for companies that need long term support? If so, then I'm sure they would allow it. But my take is that shorting is not good for long term. So I think it's a logical assumption they would not allow since it's creation in the first place is to support long term.

The LTSE makes a lot of sense. There is a phase in a company's existence where, they need more liquidity than being pure private, and where retail can enter, yet a place that is not quarter to quarter focus since long term is about growth not profit. It's a big leap going from private to NYSE et al. There should be something in between. For a company in its "teen age years" where it can more gradually ease into the no-holds barred jungle of the public markets.