Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As long as he is on Twitter and his tweets are not checked, everyday he is 20 key strokes away from being stripped from CEO position. If Elon really deleted his twitter account, I think it's a good thing for him.

This is good. Twitter is a cesspool. All it does is shortcut communication between Elon and all the worst people on earth against TSLA. If Elon wants real discussion. Use a smurf account on enthusiast forums and pure bear forums and bounce the ideas off both. He doesn't need to tell them he is Elon.

This is good. Twitter is a cesspool. All it does is shortcut communication between Elon and all the worst people on earth against TSLA. If Elon wants real discussion. Use a smurf account on enthusiast forums and pure bear forums and bounce the ideas off both. He doesn't need to tell them he is Elon.

IMHO twitter is, like most things, what you make of it.... on average yes it’s a cesspool of all sorts of things a lot of them turbid and nasty... there are some hangouts that reward honesty, openness and clever thinking, but those take some effort to sort out and become part of... I’m not advising one to spend enough time to sort it out, but if one was inclined, it’s there..... there some niche groups (fintwit is an example) where good market predictions are rewarded and quacks are alienated, and that’s a fun place to be.

EM, Donald Trump and many others with huge followings don’t go fo selective hangouts but more for playing with the masses and yes it’s a nasty game to play. If one wanted to broadcast to the masses (again IMHO) one has to be very careful who, and how, they engage with knowing that a big part of the audience is an enemy and has clever ways of working against ya.... deep dark hole

Reactions: neroden
S beats the Model 3 by 50 miles on a charge and a sec 0-60. It has the latest FSD computer, auto pilot sensors, superior suspension, pano roof that opens, and superior interior/exterior. The only thing that's lacking is the ability to charge 50kw faster using a super charger. A super charger that you'll end up using twice a year...if even (so your friend's Model 3 charges a whole 15 mins faster over the course of a year). I haven't been to one yet myself after 13k miles. You must be high thinking the Model 3 is a superior car vs the S refresh.

Plus, you can only get Bio-Weapons Defense Mode in the S/X. It will NEVER fit inside the smaller Model 3 or the upcoming Model Y. And you can't V3 supercharge that Model 3 yet, the network will take years to update fully.

Then there's air suspension (now adaptive air suspension), plus towing + 7 seats with the Model X. They are clearly superior products for consumers shopping in this price range, whether premium sedan or SUV.

These "refresh" rumors are clearly spread by shortzes and click-starved youtubers. The S/X will not be refreshed before Tesla has a new supply of battery cells. With the product pipeline we know about right now, that new S/X supply is likely 2 or more years away. Look for sometime after the new Roadster is available.

In the meantime, the S/X are great cars that people want, today!

Cheers!

TSLA investors’ dream come true?

View attachment 420193
Yes. It has always been my hope, that we would give up a communication channel that is one of the main sources of information for millennials (and younger) and has 27 million subscribers actively looking for and disseminating information, so we can start paying through our noses to traditional media where people go out and take a d*mp when the ad comes on.

By all means, let's throw out the baby with the bathwater!

I hope there is no intersection between the set who say Elon should delete his twitter account and those who say Tesla should advertise.

27 million followers, and climbing. Every tweet is free advertising. If it’s controversial and makes headlines, great, even wider coverage.

At this early stage, we don’t need every person to love Tesla. We just need a percentage of the people who learn that Tesla exists* to love Tesla. The rate of knowledge circle expansion is primary.

*As in understand what an EV is, how it works and why it’s superior to ICEVs.

DE.PNG

In the brands ranking, BMW (20%, up 2%) is the leader, with Tesla hanging on to the 2nd spot, with 12% share (down 2%), slightly ahead of the #3 Renault (12%, up 1%).

EV Sales: Germany May 2019

That, or maybe just the continuation of the gradual rise of the last 2 weeks.
perhaps we'll get some additional mojo this week from the Electrek report Friday after market close of the ~1,000 deliveries/day pace in north America. Bob Lutz's piece over the weekend grudgingly giving a bit of respect to Elon/Tesla also won't hurt...

I think the company won't stop there. Autonomous tech and superior batteries will make possible all kinds of other vehicles and robots, from electric jets (Elon said he has a design) to delivery drones and humanoid robots. Tesla can keep growing and conquering new markets for many years, and the stock will reflect that eventually.

A tsunami of hurt is coming for the shorts, again.

You damn skippy it is! And DO NOT forget Elon's electric bicycle: (from the Nov 2018 Recode Podcast)

"All right, well, everybody at Lime, don’t worry, Elon Musk is not coming for you."

"Electric bike, I think we might do an electric bike, yeah."

I LUST after a SRPM torque-monster hill-eater e-bike. No overheating while slogging up long hills, no arbitrary top speed due to AC motor windings. Efficient across the entire speed range, but still light weight. Regen with direct drive (no motor free-wheel).

Toss in a 2 or 3 KWh Maxcell battery pack (6-9 lbs) that charges at 3-6 KW (1-2 Model 3 charger modules) on L2 J-1772, and IMMA BIKE CROSS-CONTINENT again! What a glorious holiday that was...

Cheers!

I hope there is no intersection between the set who say Elon should delete his twitter account and those who say Tesla should advertise.

27 million followers, and climbing. Every tweet is free advertising. If it’s controversial and makes headlines, great, even wider coverage.

At this early stage, we don’t need every person to love Tesla. We just need a percentage of the people who learn that Tesla exists* to love Tesla. The rate of knowledge circle expansion is primary.

*As in understand what an EV is, how it works and why it’s superior to ICEVs.

I'll take the other side of the coin on this topic.

If Elon did delete his Twitter account it would likely be a positive for larger institutions who view Elon's social media habits as a risk factor. Personally, I love the reach that Twitter provides, but I cringe at a decent number of his posts. I would not be all that sad if he deleted his account for real. Let the focus shift to the Tesla and SpaceX accounts.

I'll take the other side of the coin on this topic.

If Elon did delete his Twitter account it would likely be a positive for larger institutions who view Elon's social media habits as a risk factor. Personally, I love the reach that Twitter provides, but I cringe at a decent number of his posts. I would not be all that sad if he deleted his account for real. Let the focus shift to the Tesla and SpaceX accounts.

Growth rate matters more than near term stock price. Profits will have those institutions clamouring to get aboard, and growth delivers profits.