Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you guys seen this nice little summary about Spiegel? What a hilarious read.

Never2Late on Twitter

This is great. I'm really glad he highlighted the quote from this piece: https://seekingalpha.com/article/25...-tesla-to-sell-500000-cars-in-2020-are-absurd

"Conclusion: even if Tesla were able to grow as quickly as Microsoft did in its prime (an absurd scenario for a non-monopolistic, non-software company) it would produce only 186,000 cars in 2020."

Tesla sold 245,240 vehicles last year. That's nearly 33% higher and TWO YEARS EARLIER than a growth target he called "an absurd scenario"

The fact that he has been SO WILDLY OFF in his predictions and unable to re-evaluate his position is all the proof you need that he is a complete imbecile. Successful investors (and people!) are able to change their minds in the face of new data. I am looking forward to this SA piece being posted all over the place as Tesla meets and exceeds 500K units in 2020.

Last edited:
This is great. I'm really glad he highlighted the quote from this piece: https://seekingalpha.com/article/25...-tesla-to-sell-500000-cars-in-2020-are-absurd

Tesla sold 245,240 vehicles last year. That's nearly 33% higher and TWO YEARS EARLIER than a growth target he called "an absurd scenario"

The fact that he has been SO WILDLY OFF in his predictions and unable to re-evaluate his position is all the proof you need that he is a complete imbecile. Successful investors (and people!) are able to change their minds in the face of new data. I am looking forward to this SA piece being posted all over the place as Tesla meets and exceeds 500K units in 2020.

to my view, it's reasonable to say misinformation pounding says something about emotional intelligence, but, not necessarily about intellectual intelligence. it's not so much about believing foolish narratives, but, rather, trying with robust effort to get those around you to believe in foolish things. that's how i see it re Spiegel, the NY Times, most of CNBC, Yahoo Finance, etc, etc, and on so many more topics than Tesla.

OT:

Stop being disingenuous.

I was dead serious:

That said I don't think the market is there for a vehicle that sacrifices everything for efficiency. It is an ultra niche market and always will be.

I believe it's a ridiculous misallocation of 150k EUR, and I was pointing out the absurdity of the misallocation.

Efficiency and self-sufficiency of a car that is basically only useful if there's a fully developed modern civilization around it is pointless: why only use the 'nicely maintained road network' and other amenities of civilization and not make use of say solar array recharged Superchargers, which are just as sustainable?

The car is not about saving money on fuel.

It is about developing the tech.

Much like Tesla roadster. Bring out a low volume very expensive car. That pays for a midpriced mid volume car. That leads to a low price high volume car.

People putting down deposits support the mission of Lightyear and it is not really about the 150k Euro car.

This is not comparable to the Tesla Roadster in any serious fashion. What tech are they developing? Covering a car in solar cells has been done before but it's not very practical, and the economics of high efficiency solar cells won't fix itself with 1 million such cars a year either...

There's almost no other tech I can see in that concept: covering the wheels and uglifying the car by making it raindrop shaped are the oldest tricks in the vehicle efficiency book.

The Tesla Roadster did something many thought impossible: a practical, beautiful, fun car that is an EV. I see no distinguishing feature in the Lightyear concept.

I hope I am wrong and they are very successful.

I wish them the best as well, I just don't see the economical nor technological basis. I could be wrong as well.

The mistake climate activists made and still make is that they refuse to debate the issue. Name calling and personal attacks do not win over people to your argument. People don't hate Teslas, they hate Tesla owners.

Honestly is this a joke? There is NO debate about climate change. There are facts. Like 2 plus 2 equals 4. Hard to dispute. You might say "see, I told you so, this person is not debating it", but that is like both of us staring at a blue car, and one of us calling it red, and then the person calling it red saying 'how refusing to debate it is ridiculous".

Honestly is this a joke? There is NO debate about climate change. There are facts. Like 2 plus 2 equals 4. Hard to dispute. You might say "see, I told you so, this person is not debating it", but that is like both of us staring at a blue car, and one of us calling it red, and then the person calling it red saying 'how refusing to debate it is ridiculous".
You just made his point. :rolleyes:

Latest official short interest figures are out from NASDAQ. Short interest is *down* by over 2 million shares since the last reporting period. However SI is back up beyond all-time-highs according to latest data from Ihor at S3 partners.

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Short Interest

Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

The short side is an EXTREMELY crowded trade. With volume starting to dry up I would absolutely not want to be holding a short position going into the Q2 report.

Last edited:
I'd love for Tesla to come in higher than 36,000 for NA(and thus, higher than 92k for total deliveries in Q2). Not because I feel like Tesla has to hit 92k for the quarter to justify how discounted the stock is......but for me to be able to troll Fred's comment section on a daily basis to point out how his "sources" were wrong. Practically all of his Tesla articles nowadays comes from unnamed sources. That's some quality journalism there :rolleyes:

He has already won as you are on his site.

Fair enough. I agree. But the reasons why the publisher is leaning on the editors to publish dishonest hit pieces when they could easily write accurate pieces... I mean, those reasons can only be malicious. The only way to "help them make better decisions" is to expose what's going on -- find the source of the pressure, the money, whatever it is.

I like to assume incompetence rather than malice, but come on, incompetence *simply does not look like this*. (I've seen enough honest incompetent articles about EVs over the years. They look very different.) Somewhere at the NYT, there is malice afoot.

Maybe it's as simple as "dishonest smears sell, honesty gets fewer clicks", but that's still malice.

I think there's generally:

anti-tech bias
and
anti-billionaire bias

at the NYTimes and in similar places across the industry.

They don't understand EVs well, don't understand Tesla well, and don't understand why it's more valuable to offer praise for some successes rather than try to tear everything down.

It is important that it's at the editorial level. That's why it's so consistent. But I think it's also in the sub-culture.

Of course, I'll leave the door open to other potential biases and corruption. It's a thing. Power breeds corruption.

Stan and Phyllis must be so proud...

When I was 9 years old one of my best friends was the only kid of African descent in the entire community. One day when we were talking about life he said "Do you ever look in the toilet after you've taken a big dump and say, Wow! Look at that amazing and beautiful big brown log, and to think, I made it all by myself!"

I imagine Stan and Phyllis have similar feelings towards Mark.

Last edited:
The mistake climate activists made and still make is that they refuse to debate the issue. Name calling and personal attacks do not win over people to your argument.

The debate is over. There is nothing left to debate, except how do we deal with the fallout. That’s the only debate that matters, and why nobody is foolish enough to argue with you about established science fact.

Mod: anyway, if they try to debate it in this thread it will get deleted. -ggr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest official short interest figures are out from NASDAQ. Short interest is *down* by over 2 million shares since the last reporting period. However SI is back up beyond all-time-highs according to latest data from Ihor at S3 partners.

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Short Interest

Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

The short side is an EXTREMELY crowded trade. With volume starting to dry up I would absolutely not want to be holding a short position going into the Q2 report.

Ihor's chart is showing almost 46 mil shorted at 6/15

Back on topic.

Reuters spreading FUD Lambert's filth with typical misrepresentative/incomplete details. Tesla likely to miss record second-quarter delivery target - Electrek - Reuters

This is my favorite part of the article:

Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

and also:

Electrek did not give any delivery number for international markets for the quarter.

I like that the bears are getting some confirmation to their bearish positions. This is a potential powder keg of epic proportions. I've seen stranger things happen.

When I was 9 years old one of my best friends was the only kid of African descent in the entire community. One day when we were talking about life he said "Do you ever look in the toilet after you've taken a big dump and say, Wow! Look at that amazing and beautiful big brown log, and to think I made it all by myself!"

I imagine Stan and Phyllis have similar feelings towards Mark. Although probably a little less every year.

I do basically every day because I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. :D

Ihor's chart is showing almost 46 mil shorted at 6/15

Right. He was also showing 39.3 mil shorted on 6/10. It's possible that the discrepancy between NASDAQ and S3 short interest numbers are due to the delay due to settlement. The NASDAQ figures reflect trades *settled by* the settlement day (usually 3 business days).