Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Walmart is funding an anti-solar agenda. Makes this lawsuit very suspect...

Exclusive: Walmart Owners Backing Campaigns to Limit Rooftop Solar Power

Exclusive: Walmart Owners Backing Campaigns to Limit Rooftop Solar Power

The billionaire owners of Walmart supported a successful campaign by Arizona’s largest utility to charge households and businesses for installing solar panels, and donated $4.5 million to groups opposed to renewable energy programs.

Edit: Just spotted the date on the article as 2014, but the point still stands.

Mod: indeed I changed the font color to the default, because I (and presumably most readers) couldn't read it, pale gray on white. --ggr.
Looks like you forced it to black, rather than removing the color tag altogether. Removing the color tag would've presumably made something readable in all themes...

Mod: indeed I changed the font color to the default, because I (and presumably most readers) couldn't read it, pale gray on white. --ggr.
Given dark is a valid color theme choice here, and that's the text color the forum software selects for this scheme, would you please not change my post formatting to suit yourself or others?

I often have to highlight others who post in dark colors to read their posts... they are welcome to do so with mine.

LOL Jesus nice reach.

Don't work for Daimler.

I own ~ 500 TSLA shares. I want the stock price high, not low.

But sorry going to push against irrational arguments. You know like Walmart case is gonna improve solar panel sales.

Or ignoring Advanced Summon has been delayed many, many times.

Or if you actually want to look at my post history, the lack of concern about the inititial tax credit drop off affecting demand.

You have to take the blinders off, at least sometimes.
@ZeApelido
Apologies then
You certainly came across as a “care bear

Last edited:
Given dark is a valid color theme choice here, and that's the text color the forum software selects for this scheme, would you please not change my post formatting to suit yourself or others?

I often have to highlight others who post in dark colors to read their posts... they are welcome to do so with mine.

Most of us have the default color scheme and couldn't read your post as it was formatted. The real solution would be to prohibit formatting that didn't have adequate contrast using the default color scheme.

Looks like Walmart is funding an anti-solar agenda. Makes this lawsuit very suspect...
They weren't fighting solar, they were fighting residential and commercial solar. Could be to protect utility investments or perhaps First Solar's utility scale solar business.

Either way....the party on the other side of that fight was certainly SolarCity and Elon.

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba
Is it time to make fossil fuels pay for their own societal costs by taxing gasoline and diesel to reflect their true costs to society?

Air Pollution And Your Child's Health | Gas 2

This news should be front and center. The true cost of this pollution must be astronomical once it's considered what this dysfunction costs business and industry, the justice and penal system and the health care system. This is in addition to the costs of global warming and rising sea levels.

Looks like Norway is starting to ramp up...
65 as of now, lots of SR+.
It's gonna be a flood ;-)
Tesla Registration Stats

Nice to finally see some Ravens in the mix too, with 14 x Model X LR and P today.

On a related note: August saw 429 Model 3 registrations in The Netherlands so far, which is already more than the 414 in May (also the middle month of the quarter). And still another 10 days to go.

Is it time to make fossil fuels pay for their own societal costs by taxing gasoline and diesel to reflect their true costs to society?

Air Pollution And Your Child's Health | Gas 2

This news should be front and center. The true cost of this pollution must be astronomical once it's considered what this dysfunction costs business and industry, the justice and penal system and the health care system. This is in addition to the costs of global warming and rising sea levels.
I listed this link on FB and blasted it off to all my friends, especially the child rearing ones. Thank you.

Newbie alert!

QulpcR3.jpg

Yesterday TSLA closed at $222.6 but I see that under Today's High / Low it was down to 210.4229 at some point.

What happened taking TSLA down towards $210? I don't see anything in this graph. Why isn't the graph's range including $210 then? As a newbie investor I'm easily confused... o_O

Image is a screenshot from Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Real-Time Stock Quote - NASDAQ.com
There was a single blip at 5:10 pm. 1701 shares traded @ an average of $210.42 according to the 'per-minute' data reported by NASDAQ. So possibly somebody executing a prearranged sale @ $210 plus some shares mixed in @ $224.00

TSLA.chart.2019-08-20.After-hrs.Blip.png

Also note that the SP recovered immediately to $224.00 the following minute so this sale didn't affect the Order Book. Here's the NASDAQ chart showing the 5:10 pm 'Blip':

TSLA.chart.2019-08-20.png

Cheers!

So Tesla is required to provide a final root cause analysis? But they don't believe Tesla for anything they've said so how is that relevant?Wouldn't it be more relevant to have a fire marshal's findings? But, as others have pointed out, they don't have those -- instead substituting news clippings that -- at best -- establish that the fire was not just a figment of their imagination

Finally, they admit that Tesla has paid them out for at least some of the fires.

Which means Tesla thought the fires were real and significant, and took blame.

• Helpful
Reactions: Thekiwi
The core business is doing well, and the gap seems to be widening between Tesla and the ICE manufacturers who are getting into EV production. While I 100% agree that there is a ton of anti Tesla FUD, I don't think the Wal Mart issue falls into that category. Even if this was one of those weird acts from a higher power, to me it just shows how obtuse Musk, and upper management is regrading these sorts of issues.

Someone earlier said that Tesla needs to hire and more importantly hire some sort of Chief of Customer Engagement/Support Officer. On one hand it is great that Musk engages on Twitter, but there is a level of micro management that has to be overcome, and when Tesla continues to stub its toe over stupid things all it does is add fuel to the FUD fire.

Does Tesla get a cut on Panasonic's sales to 3rd parties?
I never saw that contract, but other than having their name on the building Tesla isn't really involved in that side of the business. I don't see why they'd get paid. It's possible they have to pay make-up payments to Panasonic if the price received from 3rd parties isn't high enough.
:rolleyes:
First, they called it a “muddy field” that won’t amount to much. Then there were “building cranes” for show during the groundbreaking (They were actually pile drivers - shows the amount of knowledge the shorts possess)

Now, it’s an “empty building shell” when it’s clearly not. There are photos in the 8K of robots, stamping machines and also third party verification by soylentbrown on Twitter
Stop misconstruing my words. I did not call GF Shanghai an empty shell and I never called it a muddy field. I'm on record a year ago telling clueless bears Shanghai production would start this September.

"Empty building shell" is the portion of the project for which a 70% cost savings might be plausible. The building shell is made by local labor using local content under local permitting and environmental rules. All of which are known to be much cheaper in China. Robots, paint shops and such are shipped globally and are similarly priced no matter where you build your factory. 70% savings on that stuff is not credible.