Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trump just started a new round of tariffs - the Chinese will (have to) retaliate.

Trump has always been the aggressor in the tariff wars, moving first.
I was about to reply with the same thing. Note that despite the headlines I've seen the last hike from China wasn't an escalation, it was a response. Unfortunately, unlike the card games I'm familiar with, the other parties can't simply call and force a show of hands, instead the aggressor can simply keep raising the bid...

At some point it's like an auction, where the "winner" overbids and ends up being the loser.

This is slowly becoming one of those points in history where world leaders lose their ability to make course corrections and are instead forced into certain postures, as horrible as they may be (e.g.: the outset of the first World War).

This is slowly becoming one of those points in history where world leaders lose their ability to make course corrections and are instead forced into certain postures, as horrible as they may be (e.g.: the outset of the first World War).

A bit of a over exaggeration. Everyone, both business, other countries, and our own politicians know that Trump's term likely only has 10 months. While polling is not exactly accurate, he's polling at historically embarrassing re-election numbers.

The whole world is likely just to go mute over the next 6-8 months. I don't expect any trade deals, China has no incentive to do any deals with Trump as president. The economy is gonna hurt, might go into a recession for a quarter or two but I think it's going to be very temporary and quick to recover when Trump is out of office.

Trump just started a new round of tariffs - the Chinese will (have to) retaliate.

Trump has always been the aggressor in the tariff wars, moving first.

I wasn't face palming before, but now I am whilst shaking my head.
This trade war is getting ridiculous and for it to escalate into shooting war is becoming more real each day.
Trump ordering USA corps to get out of China. How does that affect Tesla who already has its main manufacturing in California?

Interesting to see that Tesla expansion to some smaller new countries does not have a positive effect on the SP.

These new countries are relatively small markets and those people were able to buy Teslas for years now from neighbor countries. Vienna SC for example picked up cars in 4-5 hours away for a repair.
Also the expansion was expected = included in share price.

I was about to reply with the same thing. Note that despite the headlines I've seen the last hike from China wasn't an escalation, it was a response. Unfortunately, unlike the card games I'm familiar with, the other parties can't simply call and force a show of hands, instead the aggressor can simply keep raising the bid...

Ya,
From what I am seeing, China is simply employing the normal Tit for Tat strategy for business. Trump is doing Tat for Tat.

This trade war is getting ridiculous and for it to escalate into shooting war is becoming more real each day.
Trump ordering USA corps to get out of China. How does that affect Tesla who already has its main manufacturing in California?

President doesn't have the power to restrict US companies from manufacturing in China. Congress has to approve going to war. As always, Trump spouting out on Twitter about things he has no power over.

In what way is this not as bad as the market feared? Did you think the market was expecting something like 50% tariffs?
Monday will be another bigly down day.

Based on Trump's table flipping on twitter, some people were expecting complete trade blockage with China..lol.

Yeah going to war with China will perhaps be the dumbest thing the U.S can do. The U.S has yet to win a modern shooting war with China. Lost the Korean war, lost Vietnam. China also has loose cannons as allies like North Korea.

BBB322F0-3224-4148-A08A-71A51E9A865F.jpeg
I don't think this is correct. I don't see much after hours movement.
That do it for you?

• Disagree
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Maybe that is the point of all this. Remember trump implements fossil fuel agenda.