Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pics of the Taycan have camoflauge. The car will look great...Alex Roy saw it in person, uncamoflauged, and said it looks great. But looks are subjective anyway.

It will all come down to charging infrastructure, specs, range, performance, infotainment, seating, interior and storage volume, etc...and how that all compares to price.

I'm sure it will sell great--if Porsche and its dealers want to actually sell it.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
“Whenever you read experts saying that Tesla has a 10-year advantage, this is what it means. When the media and Wall Street compare Tesla to other OEMs, when they talk about units of cars vs. other OEMs, it really doesn’t matter. None of them can find an example in history when consumers have behaved as irrationally as what they’re implying. No matter how many hit pieces about Elon Musk or Tesla, how many stock downgrades, how many bear notes, consumers won’t care about it. We already know what consumers care about; it will be impossible to stop it,” the economist wrote.

The Tesla Model 3's defiance of TSLA critics and its EV market dominance explained

For those risk takers and options traders here. The Jan 2021 leap calls are under a $1 for a strike of $690. If FC FSD arrives and Shanghai factory outputs good numbers by the end of next year I see no reason why the price can’t explode to at least 750 giving you a 60x return. The Tesla price is always somewhat of a mystery to me but a tripling in price with everything expected over the next year isn’t entirely unreasonable to me. Not a lot of risk for a lot of reward there.

Frankly I feel like if the right things happen there’s no reason it couldn’t explode far more than triple.

Not advice. Just an opinion.

Well, there's a high risk of them expiring worthless but, yes, offset by potential gains.

What the heck, I just bought 3 contracts for the hell of it.

With all due respect, we have a planet we need to live on in the future and I don't think subsidising polluting cars for people who can't afford them is such a great idea. In this case, some kind or EV subsidy would be better.
Whatever it is can't unduly punish the less fortunate. The transition has to work for everyone.

For those risk takers and options traders here. The Jan 2021 leap calls are under a $1 for a strike of $690. If FC FSD arrives and Shanghai factory outputs good numbers by the end of next year I see no reason why the price can’t explode to at least 750 giving you a 60x return. The Tesla price is always somewhat of a mystery to me but a tripling in price with everything expected over the next year isn’t entirely unreasonable to me. Not a lot of risk for a lot of reward there.

Frankly I feel like if the right things happen there’s no reason it couldn’t explode far more than triple.

I don't see SP getting over $600 or so in this next leg up. Remember, there will likely be a backdrop of global recession to deal with. Plus it's likely going to take another 2-5 years for the market to wake up tot he energy side of the business where the real money lies.

That being said....the Jan 2021's are looking better and better @ $400. Why not wait a bit and pay $6 for something with a real chance of being in the money?

Whatever it is can't unduly punish the less fortunate. The transition has to work for everyone.

Well, if the "fortunate" hadn't been hogging all the money away from working people for the last 2 decades (or more), then the less fortunate would not be in such unfortunate positions. A little balancing is in order.

Say your Tesla app currently had your Model S selected but your husband took it, so you need to change the app to the Model 3 so you can drive it and you can't. I would hope you have a key card available as a backup, but some people like to travel light.

Because those key cards are so heavy and bulky. I keep one hidden in my wallet and phone batteries do go dead when away from home.

Last edited:

In for a few of em. Thanks

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Just

2022 Leaps will appear in NOV ;)

Just

2022 Leaps will appear in NOV ;)
I think the reason the 2021s are so well priced is because when they became available the stock was much higher, so initially the price for the $690s was $20+ per option. As the stock is down so much since they became available the options price went down to $1. I imagine when the 2022s become available the cheapest option will be over $20

I get that there’s a good chance they’ll be worthless. But there’s also a chance they’ll be like winning the lotto for the low minimal cost of $100 per contract.

Yes, this is great, but before we get too excited, I think shots of the exact same machines (even same angles) were already in the Q2 ER released over a month ago (07.24).

View attachment 449761

The three GF3 interior pictures on twitter are exactly the same as one's in the shareholder letter from over 5 weeks ago. The only potentially unique picture is the exterior shot of the factory which we have obviously seen many times over in drone videos.

Last edited:
Something positive from bloomberg:

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Agreed. I really enjoy this. Slow and steady rise and no new tweets that makes my stomach churn in the morning. Now if the other person on tweeter can stop posting tweets with t he word "tariff" and "Gina" in it, I'll get to enjoy life free of heartburn and actually focus on achieving positive things instead of trying to figure out how to mitigate damages done by others.

DOW has been down most of the day with TSLA following it. Anyone think BoJo losing his majority in the House of Commons will have an effect either way on the markets?
Brexit: Tory MP defects ahead of crucial no-deal vote
Tory MP defects ahead of crucial Brexit vote

Well, there's a high risk of them expiring worthless but, yes, offset by potential gains.

What the heck, I just bought 3 contracts for the hell of it.

One could additionally sell the

$20 TSLA Jan 15 2021 Puts

for $1.15 or so

to pay for it.

BTW the 2022 LEAPS become available on the 16th

LEAPS® & Cycles