Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW., we now finally are seeing the "GF3 production is imminent" signature @KarenRei was expecting:

(NSFW justified: we should expect quite a few baby Model 3's in the coming days.)
Could one assume that the same color trailers are from the same supplier? And the different color trailers are from different suppliers?

And what would be in the same color trailers? batteries? axles? glass?

Is ARK dumping today as well?

ARK normally reports on its trades for the day shortly after market closing time. You can register to receive these reports through email, even if not an investor in their funds: Intraday Trade Notifications

Here are ARK's top two holdings in its three ETFs that contain Tesla as of Friday's closing.

ARKK
TSLA 11.45%
ILMN 7.50%

ARKQ
TSLA 11.94%
SSYS 9.09%

ARKW
TSLA 10.26%
SQ 8.27%

CEO Cathie Wood has stated that TSLA is ARK's highest conviction holding. But her policy is to not buy more shares of a stock that comprises more than 10% of a fund, and perhaps sell a bit of it to buy more shares of other high conviction stocks that have dipped. This is to maintain the diversification that fund investors expect.

Last edited:

alens.jpg

Thats the reason why I left TMC moving to Twitter and only post here when time permits to do both. Its good and very important to have a more controlled room here and its the best source of deep knowledge about Tesla IMO but Twitter is where the fight goes on that influences public opinions.

I think the three mediums are very different:
  • TMC is for discussing Tesla and staying informed, without the constant TSLAQ sabotage. A "scientific safe space" maintained through good moderation.
  • Reddit is a wider forum, with easier access by trolls but by and large the trolls don't dominate the narrative in the Tesla specific subs.
  • Twitter is to communicate with everyone in 140 character soundbites, at maximum shouting volume, without much discussion taking place. The TSLAQ Twitter block-list's primary role is not to protect the TSLAQ echo chamber, but to make sure they can carry the negative narrative to neutral third parties (journalists mainly), without a pushback from Tesla supporters.
(I'm ignoring Facebook here.)

Use of these forums depends on the purpose:
  • When discussing Tesla developments with other supporters of keeping Earth a habitable planet in the future too, I prefer these mediums in order of information density: TMC >> Reddit >> Twitter. In that role I only interact with Twitter users that I don't know how to reach on the other forums.
  • When using Tesla knowledge to bust FUD, then I agree that these mediums should be used in order of userbase size: Twitter >> Reddit >> TMC.
But both purposes are valid, interconnected and important IMHO: good FUD busting depends on having a good understanding of Tesla and of recent events related to Tesla. The real fight happens on Twitter, but quite a bit of the armament is developed on TMC. :D

Last edited:
We are down over 2% on an up macro day with no material negative news. But, the shorts are not manipulating this stock! Yeah right. SEC where are you? So quick to jump all over Musk. Yet, we have rules that allow the shorts to manipulate stocks without any oversight. Wow, just wow!

Keep in mind, a couple times last week, Tesla was massively up on bad macros and with no positive news.

Keep in mind, a couple times last week, Tesla was massively up on bad macros and with no positive news.

I don't understand this sort of thinking. Sure Tesla was up last week a couple times. It was also massively manipulated down for months in Q1 and Q2 and still in Q3(the Nio infamous drop for no damn reason)

Could one assume that the same color trailers are from the same supplier? And the different color trailers are from different suppliers?

The 90° loading bays are for sub-assemblies I think (loading low density parts), the 45° ones are for the Body-In-White lines (loading various high density metals - hence the saw-tooth pattern that eases approach and loading).

If that's true then these 90° loading docks are probably for parts. If shipments come in convoys, then the blue trucks could be anything, from electronics, drive train - to seats from Fremont or just tires.

My (wild) guess is the blue trucks are for large volume, low density locally sourced components such as tires or plastics granules? I'd expect GF1 battery packs to come in containers, and these look like regular trailers, right?

Does anyone have any better guesses?

Last edited:

Since earnings report is this week, I don't think the Max Pain will have as much of an effect on Friday's SP as it often does. I think the stock will either massively drop, or massively gain after the ER. Shorties pushing hard anything but excellent news, and excellent news being the wild horses to runaway drive the price up.

I don't understand this sort of thinking. Sure Tesla was up last week a couple times. It was also massively manipulated down for months in Q1 and Q2 and still in Q3(the Nio infamous drop for no damn reason)

Point being: be careful of confirmation bias. If you look at each rise as perfectly natural demand for the stock, and each similar fall as a sure sign of manipulation, you’re going to see everything in terms of conspiracy theories.

We are down over 2% on an up macro day with no material negative news. But, the shorts are not manipulating this stock! Yeah right. SEC where are you? So quick to jump all over Musk. Yet, we have rules that allow the shorts to manipulate stocks without any oversight. Wow, just wow!
It's a very low volume day and ER is in 2 days. Some traders are taking profits after a nice run up last week. TSLA touched the resistance level on Friday and it's retracing a bit. This is absolutely normal behaviour for a stock. You can't expect TSLA to breakout before earnings.

They’re not dumping.
They’re just following protocol by unloading shares to get to ~10% of fund. Oh, it just so happens to be right before Q3 ER.

I think I might just start buying more Tesla paraphernalia each time you post

I just think buying Tesla products in response to posts from trolls or other anti-Tesla actors is fun.

I could really use a new backpack. Don't think Tesla sells it in their online shop. Oh well, I'll find something else I need on there ;)

• Love
Reactions: KSilver2000
Since earnings report is this week, I don't think the Max Pain will have as much of an effect on Friday's SP as it often does. I think the stock will either massively drop, or massively gain after the ER. Shorties pushing hard anything but excellent news, and excellent news being the wild horses to runaway drive the price up.

Also note that this Friday's options carry a ~$9 volatility premium in both directions due to the Q3 earnings report due on Wednesday, which reduces their intraweek liquidity and makes the "max pain" equilibrium less authoritative.

Perfect environment for a low volume correction after a record run-up. It was the 9 day run-up that was the outlier.