Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't hold them any longer. I had to sell my 2020 Jan 250 calls that I bought 9-12 months ago at a painful 80% loss. I've never had a real $500,000 loss before. I've listened to the earnings calls for years, and invested heavily in TSLA for years. If this doesn't teach me to not invest based on anything that Elon says, I don't know what will.

hope you’re doing ok financially. Hang in there.

I couldn't hold them any longer. I had to sell my 2020 Jan 250 calls that I bought 9-12 months ago at a painful 80% loss. I've never had a real $500,000 loss before. I've listened to the earnings calls for years, and invested heavily in TSLA for years. If this doesn't teach me to not invest based on anything that Elon says, I don't know what will.

did you roll them or just sold?

I had the same painful experience with '20 Jan 400 calls - that I bought when the SP was at 350 down from 375.

I too have experienced a loss of range. I have a P3D and when I charge it to 90% I only get 425 km of range. So when they say based on your driving habits does this mean if I accelerate like crazy all the time then this will degrade the battery faster? If so I think this is why have experienced a fair amount of degradation.
I have no idea how to quantify it but draining the battery faster must increase degradation. Also worth noting that being less efficiency necessarily means more cycles compared to driving slowly.

I think of it like a gas car. If you baby your car it will obviously last longer than if you are flooring it all the time. Have you ever heard of or driven in a "ragged out" car? People generally try to avoid buying vehicles that were obviously driven hard. My P3 degredation is around 3% at 25k miles and some pretty heavy usage (track time, 100% charging, long trips in frigid temps etc.)
The letter is always on Elon time.
It's always late.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
While we wait -- Ford with flat YOY quarterly revenue. ($37B this year vs. $37.6B last year).

Ford totally flubbed the launch of their new Explorer.

See autonews: Ford botches Explorer launch, putting CEO back on hot seat

Quotes: ..."Sales have plunged as a plant plagued by personnel problems has struggled to get the new crossover utility vehicle out the door. Thousands have been shipped 270 miles away to another Ford factory for rework." ...
... "Explorer's U.S. deliveries plunged 31 percent to 135,777 vehicles during the first nine months of the year." ...

<F5>