Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
good morning everyone! anyone with predictions about whether we'll finish above yesterday's closing price? :D:D

Shorts are gonna work it hard so it mostly comes down to how much power they have left. But yes, I'm guessing there will be no stopping it. I'm thinking roughly around $310. I wanted to say $320 but trying hard to temper my bullishness.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
OT, but green...

I feel like there is some confusion around the 3-5% power improvements statement. Some media outlets and some of our forum members understood it as 3-5% performance improvement. I understood it as efficiency/range improvement given the context of the discussion. What do you think?

Drew Baglino -- Chief Technology Officer

Yeah, we just continue to learn how to optimize the motor control in our products. And yeah, so 5% improvement for all Model 3 customers and 3% for S and X.

Elon R. Musk -- Founder, Chief Executive Officer & Director

Yeah, and there's also the single pedal driving that will improve the range as well.

Improved control of the motors give you two sides of one coin: more mechanical power for the same electrical power (top power) and the same mechanical power for less electrical power (efficiency). So it is likely both: more mechanical when floored and more range when driving the same.

In addition, they are improving the regen abilities to recapture more energy in stop/ start (accel decel) situations which will also improve range.

Press at Shanghai
tesla-shanghai-gigafactory-3-gf3-stamping-press-TESLA-OFFICIAL.png

Not a Schuler press line. Not on another level literally or figuratively @Buckminster

The shorts are saying that 75% of the profit is directly attributable to ZEV credits. So according to them Tesla is still not convincingly structurally profitable.

Even if that were correct, they are saying Tesla made a profit with or without ZEV credits.

Whatever happened to the more EV's they make, the more money they lose? ;)

so hard not to take profit here after such a big gap up, I have to resist. maybe some at 315 to treat myself ;)

I'm doing just the opposite. Waiting for prices to settle a bit and IV to finish dropping before buying back the upper end of call spreads and moving them up. Hope prices don't rise too much in that timeperiod.

A couple of years back it was revealed that it is standard procedure for analysts to have individual brief follow up calls with the company after the conference call to clear up some questions. This look behind the curtain came from Andrea James IIRC, and referred to Tesla and public companies generally. While it is not impossible that Tesla has changed their policy on this, I think the statement in that note was likely an intellectually dishonest one (though perhaps an expression of emotionally feeling ~genuinely irked at not having a turn during the conference call itself).

If they will answer this question privately this will be insiders information, or not?