Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least the biggest one in Fremont was bought second hand from someone in Detroit. I'm not sure about the other three that were there when the factory opened. Then they added another big one later.

Yes, the biggest one was bought second hand, but it’s old and press technology has improved/changed since that one was built. It’s also a different kind of press line.

The other originals were smaller presses/lines - not better, not worse, just different. They also added the new line before the new Schuler, which wasn’t a Schuler - looked Italian to me, but I’ve no idea - just my gut impression. The new Schuler is their most ‘advanced’ line. I don’t recognize the one in GF3. Maybe it’s local?

WOW
10 Million traded in 15 minutes.
Wonder if its lots of shorting at the new higher price.

Probably not much shorting here by regular shorts (but you never know since they are not known for their brains). However, I suspect the shorts likely funded by fossil fuels are trying to throw their weight around here.

Looks like a fight around $300 now.

Whoever said it would never go below $300 again... yeah, it has. (But if this is a MMD attempt, which I suspect it is (in which case it's failing), they'll be out of steam before too long, and it'll go up?)

I suspect whoever said that was speaking to closing prices. But, yeah, it does seem like $300 is a real battleground. Whether it can be kept below $300 speaks more to the dedication and amount of money aligned against TSLA than it does to anything fundamental within TSLA's business and their prospects.

Musk didn't say all quarters going forward would be profitable. New product ramps, for example, require relatively large investments before the money starts flowing to the profit line. Musk said this can cause the profit to go negative in those quarters.

that he said this year, you are talking about last year. But anyway that's history. So guys hold your shares let's squeeze some shorts.

• Funny
Reactions: humbaba
Ok, so feel free to laugh me out of here but what are the chances Tesla starts paying a dividend in 2020? Once FSD is real the R&D for that drops to basically 0, but it will be printing money like software (that only Tesla has). They are already making margins on cars as is with no FSD, and tax credit almost gone, and lowered prices. Solar can expand as fast as people order it since Tesla is not making the components. What exactly does Tesla have to spend money on going forward that will be more expensive than all that bank they will have? Bonus, shorts have to pay the dividend.

Ok, so feel free to laugh me out of here but what are the chances Tesla starts paying a dividend in 2020? Once FSD is real the R&D for that drops to basically 0, but it will be printing money like software (that only Tesla has). They are already making margins on cars as is with no FSD, and tax credit almost gone, and lowered prices. Solar can expand as fast as people order it since Tesla is not making the components. What exactly does Tesla have to spend money on going forward that will be more expensive than all that bank they will have? Bonus, shorts have to pay the dividend.
Once the SP hits $4000....maybe

Zero chance of a dividend for the next 5 years. Real change in the real world takes real dollars. It would be foolish for Tesla to redirect any profits to the shareholders before they have enough installed production capacity in batteries, solar and vehicles to meet market demand.

Lots of Gigas. And securing the battery supply chain top to bottom.

Plenty of rational profit taking around 300 without the need for invoking sinister forces.

I don't see any reason Tesla will settle in below 300. They have turned a corner with surprising ease and 5 billion in the bank. It's a much lower risk company in 2020 but with plenty of upside.

Musk not needing to sleep in the Shanghai factory is real progress.