Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They certainly will indirectly since it affects range, performance, and price.

The point is that many things affect the important features of an EV. Focusing on one detail is never useful. I have been involved in technology for many, many years and I have never seen any particular technology issue dominate a market. But we will see what happens here. I suppose it is possible that Tesla will crush every other competitor and buy up the withered hulks turning them into loop terminals or solar cell factories.

Ok a little more detail for you, assuming you are a real investor and not a troll:

If GM, Audi, and VW are all using similar batteries, why are all of their cars so inefficient? Audi e-turd for example needs a 94kwH pack to get 204 mile EPA range. Tesla model Y will get 280 miles EPA using a 75kwH pack. The Audi weighs 1000 pounds more. They need that much energy just to get that pig down the road for over 200 miles. The motors can only differ by a few percentage points in efficiency. The drag coefficient can save some, but not that much.
Conclusion: battery energy density on a gravimetric basis is that much better for Tesla. They also have the lowest cost per KwH in the industry.
These are serious advantages, and with the upcoming Maxwell tech they will increase this lead. You will see this on Nov 21rst.
Place your bets accordingly.

Yes, that is what they are building today. Do you honestly think that no one can catch up with Tesla? This is not a sprint, it is a marathon.

3fltqw.jpg

it's easy to look at your buy price and sale price and come to the conclusion that home ownership is a phenomenal investment, but that's super naive. try running the numbers once you've factored in all the bills, maintenance, insurance, taxes, upkeep, interest, and other expenses, and you will find a simple index fund generally outpaces home ownership in overall rate of return in practically all cases. certainly there are outliers, but it's not the norm.

Totally agree. Even worse here in Belgium (at least Brussels) as you must 12% great on a purchase, so if you’d like My wife and want to move every 2 years it’s not at all very good, any price rises are negated.

Leo we sold and now rent. No hassle, no commitments to maintenance, Trent is 20% less than the mortgage and the €60k we got back out of the mortgage bought 450 $TSLA in February 2016 (which was just a massive strike of good fortune).

Those shares are > double-baggers, while the housing market has stagnated.

Yes, that is what they are building today. Do you honestly think that no one can catch up with Tesla? This is not a sprint, it is a marathon.
Why do you assume they can catch up? They have all been promising the Tesla assault since 2012 and collectively have nothing impressive to show for it. You think GM and BMW can iterate as quickly as TSLA?