Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PV=nrT
If the number of molecules is constant (not adding or removing from the system) then PV=T*constant
Constant = PV/T

V is the volume of the container. If you compress the gas by 100 times (1/100 the volume), at the same temperature, which the same number of molecules, the pressure goes up 100 times.
If you increase pressure without changing the number of molecules or volume, then temperature has to change.

SpaceX package has constant volume and changing number of molecules so P and T will shift around. Higher temp -> higher pressure.

The tank has fixed volume, but we can view it as V is reduced by 1:100, imagine there is an invisible tank that's 100 times larger, then those air is squeezed into smaller size. So P will increase 100 fold if temperature remains unchanged. P will increase 200 fold if temperature doubles.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
Peter Gleick on Twitter

Scientists:
1960-70s: Hey, this #climatechange thing could be a problem.
1980s: Climate change IS coming.
1990s: Seriously, humans are changing the climate.
2000s: Why aren't you taking action?
2010s: HELLO?
2019 Op-ed: Why didn't you scientists warn us?​
Scientists:
1895: Industrial and transportation pollution will eventually cause issues with the climate.

Peter Gleick on Twitter

Scientists:
1960-70s: Hey, this #climatechange thing could be a problem.
1980s: Climate change IS coming.
1990s: Seriously, humans are changing the climate.
2000s: Why aren't you taking action?
2010s: HELLO?
2019 Op-ed: Why didn't you scientists warn us?​

Or go back further:

Thomas Edison - 1910
Why, we have just begun to commence to get ready to find out about electricity. This scheme of combustion to get power makes me sick to think of — it is so wasteful. It is just the old, foolish Prometheus idea, and the father of Prometheus was a baboon.

When we learn how to store electricity, we will cease being apes ourselves; until then we are tailless orangutans. You see, we should utilize natural forces and thus get all of our power. Sunshine is a form of energy, and the winds and the tides are manifestations of energy.

Do we use them? Oh, no! We burn up wood and coal, as renters burn up the front fence for fuel. We live like squatters, not as if we owned the property.

Yowza
191110133134-02-car-into-building-nj-large-169.jpg

Didn’t see this on the thread yet, but maybe I missed it.

GM is selling its Lordstown plant to an EV pickup startup named Lordstown Motors (licensing from Workforce).

So I guess Tesla won’t be buying it (at least for a little while /s).
GM sells its Lordstown Assembly plant to electric truck start-up

edit: Link is Detroit Free Press

Last edited:
I also loved hearing about Operation Vacation. The Autopilot team is trying to automate away their own job so Autopilot can improve itself just with new data.

Sounds like a fully automated continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline (know as CICD in the SW development world). This isn't a new thing per se but I'm sure there are unique challenges at their scale and in the NN space. Besides training time I'd bet there's a significant amount of time spent running regression tests.