Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine how much T-P can be made from all that biomass! Shorts will never live that down. ;)
Maybe they can use all that timber to make disposable diapers: TSLA shorts are about to discover the need to make the shift from their shortie shorts to diapers, as their bowels begin to speak up unannounced.:eek: Spiegel's toilet pose photo will become abundantly appropriate.
;)

A better use for timber would be building the structure of GF4 out of wood. There is a big global move in building towards mass timber construction as it has much less embodied energy and can also be built quickly. Glu lam beams for the main structure and cross laminated timber for suspended slabs. Wood like spruce is typically used but they should also be able to use pine, although drying may be an issue for anything harvested on site.

Oslo airport is a nice example of what's possible with timber:
4l-image-42.jpg
And it sequesters all the carbon in that wood for decades vs. using the insane energy needed to mine, produce, and roll steel I-beams.

Tomorrow could go up, could go down.

But there is a significant risk if you're going to try to short-term game the next day or two of trading:

If the stock drops as a result of the unveil, it will not be much, or long-lived. Ultimately you will have lost nothing after a few days of trading. HOWEVER, if the stock goes up as a result of the unveil, since we're probably close to margin calls and/or several shorts potentially throwing in the towel, your potential miss on gains could be significant if TSLA skyrockets after the reveal.

In other words, downside risk to holding is small, but the downside risk to selling before the reveal could be significant.

That's why I'm holding. That, and because my investment balls of steel have been polished to a beautiful shine over the last year so I fear nothing.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Elons Twitter comment about Than.. er, Chanos got so little attention. No, not the fact that he called out Chanos. That was well publicized. But the other thing he was saying: that he has been proven wrong. Message: Tesla is killing it. No more 'only weeks until we run out of money' or 'everything depends on these last few days of deliveries'. No. Tesla has won.

Bullish AF.

Note that there's also the risk that Musk has been overplaying the "weirdness" of the truck to keep expectations low. There have been some seriously crazy weird-ass concept drawings out there. If it's not as weird as most people are expecting (I think it won't be), then there will probably be a lot of relief and positive motion on the stock price.

I am sorry to be a party popper. My 6th sense tells me that the hype has gone out of control, that this will be a huge let down and stay that way for the immediate future, until such time Tesla makes a few prototypes and people can check it out for real.

Trucks have to work for 200k miles and more in real harsh environments. Not sure if EVs are ready for that.

Ex-Tesla critic and 'Shark Tank' judge explains why he likes his TSLA investment
the veteran businessman admitted that he is becoming quite fond of one stock that he has bought recently. That stock was TSLA, which he was able to purchase while shares were down this year. Since buying TSLA stock, O’Leary mentioned that he has seen growth in his investments, and little by little, he believes that Tesla is turning into a “real company that makes money” for its shareholders.

Some of them are finally getting it.

I am sorry to be a party popper. My 6th sense tells me that the hype has gone out of control, that this will be a huge let down and stay that way for the immediate future, until such time Tesla makes a few prototypes and people can check it out for real.

Trucks have to work for 200k miles and more in real harsh environments. Not sure if EVs are ready for that.

Locomotives are battery-less EVs
As are cruise ships
Some submarines
Certain fork trucks

Ex-Tesla critic and 'Shark Tank' judge explains why he likes his TSLA investment
the veteran businessman admitted that he is becoming quite fond of one stock that he has bought recently. That stock was TSLA, which he was able to purchase while shares were down this year. Since buying TSLA stock, O’Leary mentioned that he has seen growth in his investments, and little by little, he believes that Tesla is turning into a “real company that makes money” for its shareholders.

Some of them are finally getting it.
That and his son started working at Tesla.

There is no chance this truck unveil "impresses". We may or may not like the design and will certainly be impressed with the capabilities, but I think from an investment perspective it's likely a sell event. Way too different and hard to hold up next to existing market offerings.

I think the average lemming mind will find this unpallatible and be willing to absorb the coming FUD wave.

Buy LEAPs on the Friday drop perhaps?

Agree, might sell 50 shares to get more lower. The risk is that I'm wrong and it pops (still grateful), but shorts have been pretty quiet lately and their interest is still quite high. What better opportunity than to slap a unicorn horn on the front of the Cybertrk and call it a pipe dream.

Note that there's also the risk that Musk has been overplaying the "weirdness" of the truck to keep expectations low. There have been some seriously crazy weird-ass concept drawings out there. If it's not as weird as most people are expecting (I think it won't be), then there will probably be a lot of relief and positive motion on the stock price.

I put my trust in Franz von Holzhausen, that the necessarily aerodynamic design will still look very good.

(But I guess that makes me a case of "The beauty is in the eye of the beholder").

Nonetheless, I expect the part of the media through which e.g. Ford advertises to give it a very poor reception.

As such I have lined up a bit of dry powder.