Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the "that aged poorly (badly?) department"
deathblow_hl.PNG

So with new shares issued since then, the TSLA market cap is now setting a new high - of 70G $.

I keep a live tracker in Sheets. We're almost closer to VW ($88.6 B) than we are leading Daimler ($53.8 B):

upload_2019-12-18_10-27-7.png

=GOOGLEFINANCE("VOW","marketcap")
=GOOGLEFINANCE("TSLA","marketcap")
=GOOGLEFINANCE("DAI","marketcap")

Who wants to watch a slaughtering on live tv?
Tesla has made it through its most difficult days, analyst says

Colin Rusch destroys the entire panel including Bethany McLean (Vanity Fair) she wrote the Elon is full of s*** article in August

favorite line “your point was relevant a year and a half ago maybe two years ago now it’s just not”

Thank you for sharing this. I've never seen anyone rebut doubts about Tesla in such an efficient manner. He killed it!

Huh? Please elaborate

Others have given the general sense. It turns an AWD into a Stealth - stealth is an off-menu item that's basically "Poor Person's M3P". No performance brakes, no carbon fibre spoiler, no top speed upgrade (AFAIK), 20" rims not included... not even sure it gets track mode. But it unlocks the car's full acceleration power.

It's not that simple though, a big hazard are white phosphorous bombs that the Allies sprinkled Berlin with by the thousands of tons - the total cumulative tonnage of the Bombing of Berlin was close to 100,000 tons.

The phosphor in these is still causing injuries today and is hard to detect, because it will be there even if most of the metal has oxidized already.

Phosphor is also one of the sources of wildfires in the area in the summer, when temperatures are high enough for spontaneous combustion.

Metal detectors can pick up the oxide soil stains just as well as the original bomb. The iron doesn't go away!

This has all been done before. Tesla did not go into this without expert knowledge of what's required. This shouldn't even be a subject of discussion in an investor thread unless the goal is to drum up uncertainty.

Others have given the general sense. It turns an AWD into a Stealth - stealth is an off-menu item that's basically "Poor Person's M3P". No performance brakes, no carbon fibre spoiler, no top speed upgrade (AFAIK), 20" rims not included... not even sure it gets track mode. But it unlocks the car's full acceleration power.
Stealth gets TM and top speed.

Well, FCA's CEO recently confirmed that in their 2020 plans they are calculating with 60% of the Co2 penalties being "recovered" via sales of their own EVs, the remaining 40% through the Tesla pooling agreement.

I think that 60% is probably optimistic, because it relies on Fiat selling compliance EVs at good prices, but even with only 40% of their penalties reduced via Tesla that's a significant source of income.

It was clear from FCA CEO's statement that they are going to use Tesla to reduce the Co2 penalties to zero - they just don't know how many Fiat EVs they'll be able to sell in 2020 and 2021.

With PSA on board the effective ZEV credits required to zero out the penalties quadruples - but maybe the increase is even higher, as PSA doesn't really have a chance to cover 60% of their penalties via their own EVs.

So Tesla has a huge incentive to beat the heck out of FCA in Europe next year! It will be interesting to see if or how much margin improvement Tesla shares with customers. If margin improvement is half of 2019, Tesla margins would be over 30% for the auto business. They could cut prices at least 5% and keep margins around 25%, which might be the sweet spot to fund new production and ensure they are selling more then they can build. A 5% reduction in Model 3 would be $2000 for a SR+ with no options and $2500 for an average ASP Model 3. If the Y were to start production in Q1, I would think they'll be very production constrained, so may not cut prices at all.
Barring some global event or Tesla black swan, 2020 should be a very good year.

Reactions: Jovian and wipster
I think in this context of Berlin-Brandenburg @Mader Levap was talking about the continental U.S., which was mostly spared from hostilities such as bombing, by virtue of being geographically far away from Germany and Japan.

As you say there were lots of sacrifices from America in WWII otherwise.
Except for the forest fires started by Japanese balloons.

Lots of Christmas money just got diverted from kids to dad.
I’m just glad Tesla is learning how to monetize their product. As a consumer I love everything they produce, as an investor the $9.99 subscription plan and power upgrade at possibly $2000 brings a tear of joy to my eye. They are doing it! This has to be devastating to bears.

Just to clarify: "Stealth" has been used to date to denote cars that DO have Track Mode. A "Stealth" P3D is every bit a Performance Model 3 but without the wheels, brakes, spoiler and metal pedal covers. This sounds like more of an acceleration unlock. In other words, I doubt it includes Track Mode or turns an AWD into a Performance Model 3.