Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AFDBE3C1-AF78-42D6-821C-6EBFAF0CF3DE.gif

With Model Y coming online at Fremont in Summer 2020, followed by the SR version in 2021, there is no spare 2170 cell capacity at GF3. Its not certain, but I think the current plan for both Roadster and the Tri-motor Cybertruck is to use a double-layer 200 KWh pack. Again, they'll reuse engineering effort from the Roadster for the Tri-motor.

Is there a good reason apart from leveraging the current super-high output machinery for cell production not to add say 2199 cells for the Semi and Cybertruck? Double layer packs seem like a cludge to me (but can make sense for a limited-production vehicle like the Roadster). This is somewhat idle but not completely groundless speculation, of course.

PSA already had a deficit prior to buying Opel/Vauxhall. GME had done nearly nothing to prepare so PSA is in deep trouble already, prior to expected EU tightening. FCA is not really much better. Thus the Tesla deal becomes more important but much more important than that deal is the platform preparation FCA needs. The combination is in a dominant position for small urban passenger and delivery vehicles in Southern Europe and is EU-dominant in, for example, camper conversions and a fair number of other specialized commercial vehicles.

Right now FCA/PSA is in such horrible shape that this combination seems much like BMC. Those who remember BMC know how bad that was. Just as BMC tried rebadged Honda, as one example, Tavares is rapidly making Opel/Vauxhall into rebadged Peugeot. That defers disaster. In the meantime FCA survives in large part due to Jeep, itself poorly prepared for 2030.

Just this once, you're operating on a dataset that is out of date. PSA's financials have been decent for some years now, and to my surprise, Carlos Tavares turned Opel around in record time. Something GM tried for over a generation to no avail.

2019 H1 Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
2018 etc. PEUP.PA - Peugeot SA Financials | Reuters

It's not unreasonable to suspect that the Fiat part of FCA won't make him stumble either, while Jeep and Ram ostensibly improve the group's North American position. The China business is lacking. If they put their mind to it, they can have a go at competing with VW in EVs. That's the crux of the matter from our perspective, of course.

If you view a million deaths (almost 500k)/wounded as "spared"....geez.

I think in this context of Berlin-Brandenburg @Mader Levap was talking about the continental U.S., which was mostly spared from hostilities such as bombing, by virtue of being geographically far away from Germany and Japan.

As you say there were lots of sacrifices from America in WWII otherwise.

I think in this context of Berlin-Brandenburg @Mader Levap was talking about the continental U.S., which was mostly spared from hostilities such as bombing, by virtue of being geographically far away from Germany and Japan.

As you say there were lots of sacrifices from America in WWII otherwise.

I understood but "spared" is not a word I would have used....I lost uncles in Germany & France.

Last edited:
Don't look, but something is happening...
:D

Does anyone doubt that Elon Musk has carefully orchestrated the short-burn/bull run of the century? The perfect storm?

And, if so, it's right on time! Elon time, that is. This could continue to build right into and past earnings. Yes, there will be reprieves along the way, obviously. Because all hell is breaking loose!

At least all my options think so!

The price action today looks like shorties are fighting for their lives.
I’m not sure what they are fighting for today that won’t kill them tomorrow. They are living day to day at this point with no relief in sight. If this impeachment doesn’t help them then it’s going to be a sad Christmas for many of them.