Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla price target raised to $612 from $385 at Oppenheimer TSLA - The Fly

Oppenheimer analyst Colin Rusch raised his price target for Tesla to $612 from $385 and keeps an Outperform rating on the name. The stock closed Friday down $3.19 to $478.15. While Tesla "has stumbled through growing pains," the company has reached "critical scale" sufficient to support sustainable positive free cash flow, Rusch tells investors in a research note titled "What to Do Now with TSLA Shares?" Further, the analyst believes the company's "risk tolerance, ability to implement learnings from past errors, and larger ambition than peers are beginning to pose an existential threat to transportation companies that are unable or unwilling to innovate at a faster pace." Tesla has key advantages in powertrain design, battery technology, advanced driver-assistance systems fleet size, roadmap to energy independence offerings, and consumer enthusiasm that can translate into material operating leverage, share gains, and market disruption as renewables and autonomy trends accelerate, contends Rusch.
upload_2020-1-13_10-17-36.jpeg

yeah, but it surely is a whole lot of it for what isn't even a big ticket day. Already had P&D, haven't even had ER announced yet. Not that I'm complaining :D

People are funny that way. They feel they missed the "top", what, three days ago, and so when a higher price is dangled in front of them they can't help themselves - they sell. It's a tragedy I've seen play over and over again with high-flying growth stocks. The bottom line is people are attached to money and they get nervous it might go down. Which is understandable if they need the money in the short-term just to live. In that case, they never should have been playing the market to begin with. But if it's a long-term investment in their future, this nervousness over the volatility of share prices is just ridiculous.

Alternatively, how many of you had a Christmas tree in your house a few weeks ago, cut, without roots? Almost everyone I know did - not us, I hate the practice - but I bet there were 100's of millions in Europe alone. Why aren't there protests about that? Why isn't $TSLAQ writing to their elected representatives to express their outrage and this barbaric anachronism?
OT: Today is "20th day Knut" -- after the almanac's name and time after Christmas -- when Swedes traditionally throw a party for kids in order to strip the tree and throw it out. Except we had none, and Daughter got a small potted spruce to re-use as it grows year by year. Green all over! :D

OK, I admit it, I have now made a laughable amount of profit from this stock, but TBH I have enough money already. I'm happy about recent stock price movements for three other reasons:

1) It shows there is some justice in the world. hard work by people at Tesla, and people prepared to invest in a responsible, sustainable tech for future transport are doing well, while cynical fossil-fuel-shills, trolls, and general ass-hats spreading FUD are losing a fortune, so ....karma is a bitch :D

2) Tesla is more stable now than they have been for a long time, and those employees who bought or were awarded stock are more likely to stay, and be motivated and keep fighting the good fight.

3) The 'don't buy a tesla, they are going bankrupt' bullshit becomes more and more unbelievable every day, which will likely be a totally-free driver of demand.

I know its common to hear people loudly proclaim that they like the cars and the tech and the company and they don't buy them for any environmental reason, but I absolutely do. Every car with a tesla badge rolling off the lines is another car thats not dependent on fossil fuels, and makes my retirement seem less dystopian. Yay.

lots of selling keeping it a bit below $500, but right now I just don't care a whole lot. Maybe its from setting a new all time high, maybe its because of Speigel's alleged loss on a new short position, maybe its the fact that they can't keep a good stock down (currently peeking above $500 again) :D:D:D:D
I have no clue why anyone brings up Spiegel. It keeps people interested in him and promotes his twitter feed. He is insignificant and will get bored without any attention. He clearly does not tweet to make money but to get attention. More effective than TSLAQ blocks is ignoring him. Guess what if we don’t follow, mention and ignore he will get bored and go away. He has no influence or access to significant funds to influence stock price. You are all keeping him alive

I have no clue why anyone brings up Spiegel. It keeps people interested in him and promotes his twitter feed. He is insignificant and will get bored without any attention. He clearly does not tweet to make money but to get attention. More effective than TSLAQ blocks is ignoring him. Guess what if we don’t follow, mention and ignore he will get bored and go away. He has no influence or access to significant funds to influence stock price. You are all keeping him alive
People can't help staring at a train wreck.

But it is fun to make fun of him. He is very makefunoffible.

I wonder how many people have tripled their money by buying near the 52 week low? The lowest I managed was $199 and that was just a small amount. Most of mine are in the low 300's.

I bought everything I could when it was low, but by $190 I was tapped out. Not that I have enough shares to retire even if it goes up to $6k, but its (a lot) better than nothing.

But as I may be a bit heavy in $TSLA I put the new year money into diversification. The upside is that should the unthinkable happen and $TSLA drop significantly again I will have resources to buy more. But for now I'm down to ~88% $TSLA. Though with the growth the percentage keeps climbing :cool:

Hey, I don't follow him on twitter. And, as someone else (@madodel) said, its hard not to be a casualty vampire. :oops: