Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, that's not a flying shame.
THIS is a flying shame (stolen from here, I think)
Screenshot_20191224-115026~2.png

Actually a Tesla investor cruise w/ bunch of panels featuring people from TMC, Wall St, the media, etc, would be potentially a fun outing. Elon could helicopter in for a keynote.
It would be too attractive a target. There are going to be quite a few shorts in serious financial trouble that hold a grudge forever.

People are funny that way. They feel they missed the "top", what, three days ago, and so when a higher price is dangled in front of them they can't help themselves - they sell. It's a tragedy I've seen play over and over again with high-flying growth stocks. The bottom line is people are attached to money and they get nervous it might go down. Which is understandable if they need the money in the short-term just to live. In that case, they never should have been playing the market to begin with.
Always assuming you have some in a "short term" account, and the majority in a "long term" account. Selling a few now and then to get your eat'n money seems an acceptable compromise. Otherwise the "short term" money would just be in cash with no possibility for profit. Yes, sometime you might sell a few shares at a loss, but chances are that won't be too many.

There's no way to really know just how good Q4 is but my current belief is that if you include forward-looking statements, Musk will surprise to the upside, maybe by a lot. I think by Q4 earnings we will be firmly planted in the $500's. Of course, markets are chaotic and high flyers are subject to outsized movements (both to the upside and the downside) so it wouldn't surprise me to see it hit $400's again (or $600's).

You have to think in big, big chunks in this kind of game. Trying to skim a few percents here and there is no way to make money, IMO. Actually, long term, compounded gains is where millionaires are made.

Or he can be an idiot like he was in the past and say “Tesla is currently overvalued.” He did this 2-3 times...

Elon, if you’re reading this, don’t do it again. It would be nice if you can say this instead “the stock should be headed to $1,000/share base on future trajectory of where this company is headed.”

You sound jealous, I admit I am. If you can get someone to pay you that salary for that advise, I would definitely take that gig

You folks joke, but presumably Adam Jonas gets paid a reasonably 'nice' salary. He put out a crazy-wide range of $10-$500 and was wrong, yet collects said salary.

Always assuming you have some in a "short term" account, and the majority in a "long term" account. Selling a few now and then to get your eat'n money seems an acceptable compromise. Otherwise the "short term" money would just be in cash with no possibility for profit. Yes, sometime you might sell a few shares at a loss, but chances are that won't be too many.

I disagree, I think it's foolish to have short-term money in the market.

The reason is simple and practical: If the markets drop precipitously, then you are forced to sell off your short-term holdings at a big loss and also do that which shouldn't be done, sell off part of your long-term account just to make ends meet. And you would be selling long-term holdings at bargain-basement prices.