Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the report:

"For full year 2020, vehicle deliveries should comfortably exceed 500,000 units. Due to ramp of Model 3 in Shanghai and Model Y in Fremont, production will likely outpace deliveries this year."

Someone care to explain that second sentence to me? Seems like a nonsequitor? And why would production outpace deliveries, or are they just pointing out that end of year, they'll have cars in transit?? I guess another reason is that they need to build up showroom cars, inventory for in store sales, etc. But why even mention it?

WAG: Tesla Network vehicle pool.

315 miles range on Model Y an increase of 35 miles! Something special is going on.

Yes, a classic under-promise and over-deliver situation. But most importantly I think it screws the "competition" even more. They were planning to compete with what Tesla announced, and now Tesla is going to deliver even more before they even really get started. (You never want to share the real details with your competition before you start delivering.)

Just like 8 years later the "competition" still hasn't caught up with the 2012 Model S.

Last edited:
I’ve scanned the report. Solid but not spectacular. No huge surprises. So SP movement is surprising. Not complaining though.

Q4 number is not very important. Model Y starts delivery in March, we are joining index after Q1. If a small chance we don't join after Q1, then we will join after Q2... In current situation, shorts should be concerned how will they supply the shares to index buyers.

Also I love how they guided the full year 2020. That's exactly what we wanted to see: "For full year 2020, vehicle deliveries should comfortably exceed 500,000 units."

Now wait for the CC.

I’ve scanned the report. Solid but not spectacular. No huge surprises. So SP movement is surprising. Not complaining though.

Not spectacular to us, because we know what's actually going on, but to all the dweebs out there in la-la-land it's big news!

Last edited:
-Y production having already started was an unconfirmed rumor, probably not well-known or discarded by most outside our circle.
-Significantly-increased range for Y was a complete positive surprise.
-Lots of positive cash flow
-Solar growth probably not baked in, few "analysts" talk about it.

The Y news is huge.

Solar was a bit disappointing though. Was nice to see growth but would have liked to see a bit more. I guess that just shows where our expectations are!

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
I was enjoying watching the metadata and could guess the report was well received by the markets. Watching the price initially bounce up 10, down to even, up 16, up 5, even, up 12, ... and then finally up 40! The shorts threads ought to be full of twitter froth, anger and bewilderment.

Insanity secured.

Mark B. Spiegel
@markbspiegel

·
17m
Summary of $TSLA's report: No growth in either revenue or earnings, but a lot more bullshit promising about "the future" from the pathological liar known as Schumucksidy Fraud-Boy. Time to walk the dog!

We have already broken ground on the next phase of Gigafactory Shanghai. Given the popularity of the SUV vehicle segment, we are planning for Model Y capacity to be at least equivalent to Model 3 capacity.

i would guess this means that corner where they are ripping up those old parking lots might be the new Model Y building at GF3. Something to keep an eye on as we see more drone videos.

It beats upper end on both earning and revenue. It should be considered pretty. Also the forward looking statements such as whole year 2020 number projection, Model Y pull in, Semi start and Solar, adding up to a lot

• Informative
Reactions: Right_Said_Fred