Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lat night I was debating the wisdom of buying in after hours at $76x.xx....but not anymore.

Don't let the TSLA train leave you too far behind. Yesterday, I wanted to buy TSLA in premarket, but ended up buying higher during regular market hours. It was a crazy opportunity, wife was questioning why I bought at $695. Her mentality was buy low, sell high. I told her I buy high, sell higher. :)

Don't let the TSLA train leave you too far behind. Yesterday, I wanted to buy TSLA in premarket, but ended up buying higher during regular market hours. It was a crazy opportunity, wife was questioning why I bought at $695. Her mentality was buy low, sell high. I told her I buy high, sell higher. :)

For the record, I bought my first shares in late 2012 and watched in awe at the 2013 breakout...and this most definitely tops that euphoria.

The criteria for the options awards are a 30 day and 6 month average being $100B and every $50B from there market cap.

Additionally, a couple operational goals will need to be met, and I'd have to see if they're close to being met yet, I feel like they may actually be the limiting factor on this.

So, the first three tranches on the market cap side vest at the current 180.24M shares outstanding vest at a 30 day and 6 month average price of ~$554.82, ~$832.22, and ~$1109.63.

This is a bit outdated as it's only accurate as of close, but the 30 DMA is $507.68, the 182 DMA is $299.02. So, no tranches have been hit yet.

Just noticed Goldman Sachs has placed ExxonMobil on “Sell”, stating “no compelling case to own the stock”.

“Sell” ratings on blue chip stocks, from “name” investment banks - these are typically rarer than a friendly Black Widow. And when they do occur, the justification virtually always is because the company is “Fully Valued”.

So, to assert there is no reason for anyone to hold shares - that is a shattering development. It is, indeed, on the same scale as what is happening to Tesla. Fascinating...and something for all to keep on your radar screen as the implications could pan out to be truly important.

Buy, or start a lithium mining company...

I have a small but growing interest in a lithium venture and a nickel venture, both sitting on massive, unconventional reserves. Of course, if you want a more guaranteed return, you could invest in larger, more established lithium and nickel firms with conventional resources.