Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you @Fact Checking. You have my vote for most opportune TMC post of 2020!
You advise either getting registered as a shareholder in your name or spreading holdings over 3 of the biggest brokerages.
Would there be any further protection to be gained by doing both?

What are these three biggest brokerages?

Due to holding all my options at IB and them appreciating a huge amount, I now have 75% of my portfolio and a very large sum parked there. I've been super happy with them as a broker, but I should look into these kinds of things in the near future for sure.

I talked to my aunt’s neighbor, who is 76 years old, worked as a financial advisor for Merrill Lynch, and has been actively investing since he was 18 years old. He stated that your money should be very safe in a single large reputable financial institution. Even if Fidelity went bankrupt, your shares would be protected. They are only acting as your broker.

He does believe in having hardcopy printouts of financial statements, just in case data gets lost or something. He also advises being careful using public WiFi.

"There's a lot of Russell 1000 Fund Manager FOMO right now. We're talking 4 Trillion. So just a 1% change in allocation is 40B, which is way more than the short covering. So to me, this is a lot more about people [said managers] saying I don't own Tesla cuz last year it was a lousy stock, I better own 1% ... Imagine explaining to your shareholders "I missed out on one of the top 3 stocks YTD cuz I thought it had a short thesis..."

Can someone please explain what he means? Russell 1000 is an index find, what managers is he talking about exactly? Is there an inclusion in the index happening or what?

• Funny
Reactions: TradingInvest
This is getting intense! I have all my friends and family telling me to sell. Everyday they are telling me. I’m getting so sick and tried of it. Some of them are investment analysts so they think they know better. They say I’m not reading the other side (short side). I’m not selling though. Until they give me a legitimate reason why then I won’t be selling my core shares. Anyone else hearing about this from loved ones?

"I say when we sell!" (t=3m39s):

- in this film Steve Carell is superb.

Same almost. Am 32, been in TSLA for 3 years, 280k unrealized gains currently, staying until goal met of at least 500k post capital gains, never owned a house & always owned 20 year old beater cars. Debating buying house + Model Y with gains, but so many things to consider I'm paralyzed into probably just holding forever - good ether way, I guess :)

Don't forget to factor in the taxes on all levels. Big bite out of your realized gains.

Good lord, I would never have believed that I'd be able to say "I just bought 30 more shares at $939." but my options profits are just staring at me while the ticker slowly goes up.

I'm getting the feeling that we have more room to run. Between stubborn longs, big investors, and just those hoping to make a buck, surely they smell the short blood in the water and are willing to run it up.