Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a thought, but it wouldn't surprise me if the stock price itself gleans so much press that a few extra cars get sold this quarter.

I definitely think the stock has a positive impact on the company's perceived legitimacy, and thus helps potential sales.

But in order to believe it helps sales, you'd therefore have to believe they're not supply-constrained, right?

Is anyone willing to admit to that here? Every time I bring up advertising, everyone yells at me that they couldn't possibly sell a single more car than they do because they're battery / manufacturing constrained.

Tesla is the story of the day, those of us who owns Tesla for last 5 years or more knew and recognized opportunity while ago, wall street is just catching up.This lead me to think about Panasonic stock, it’s has been dead money for a long time but time could be ripe for this stock to go up, they just made a profit from operations at Giga factory, risk factors on Panasonic is ,battery is total commodity market low margin business but even some what respectable margin could be hugely profitable, other risk or highly rewarding thing could happen with Panasonic is , When Tesla have their own batteries manufacturing what would happen to Panasonic? likely scenario is Tesla will not kick Panasonic to curb they probably will license their technology to Panasonic and mutually benefit both party, is it
555627E1-1EC1-437C-A232-7E1785ECAC6C.png
worth throwing some money at Panasonic?, it might be a long shot but Panasonic should be value higher then currently.

Perhaps if you start a Tesla leasing business or your buying them for part of the Tesla Network? Then you could claim depreciation at least.

Starting any sort of Tesla business would require far more gains than I current have with my tiny hoard. Further, that would also require some desire on my own part to run such a business, or even lend out my vehicle(s).

I'd rather buy a Tesla for personal use, and save on fuel costs.

Edit: Perhaps I can get married, and thus claim the capital gains under the tax-free income bracket. That's probably more doable.

Reactions: wipster and jerry33
Is anyone willing to admit to that here? Every time I bring up advertising, everyone yells at me that they couldn't possibly sell a single more car than they do because they're battery / manufacturing constrained.
Even if that's not true, paying money to the media, which has been unfriendly to Tesla forever and never misses a chance to show Tesla in a bad light, is like buying gas--a certain percentage of the price goes to purchase weapons and ammunition used against our soldiers. Why should Tesla support those who do their best to harm Tesla and Tesla Investors?

I'm going to watch the ticker from my model 3 just so that I can buckle up properly

I have had my Model 3 console display the below URL while driving. It appears that rendering this page overloads the computer, so the driving part of the screen gets all messed up: Instead of displaying driving speed it would just display the 'D' for drive and then all the various check-icons (seat belt, air bags, various lights) would light up. Also, when in reverse the rear view camera view suddenly had a very low frame rate.

So it would seem that the setting of the (Linux) process priorities could be improved.

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price, Quote, History & News - Yahoo Finance

PS. SP pushing for ATH, 950

• Funny
Reactions: X Fan
Sold all in a Roth IRA today, @ $906. Wealth manager been pushing sale since $500. (Cost basis $29 and a smidge.) I'm about to tell the manager to lay off trying to sell for rebalancing because I might want to buy it back at $700 which I don't expect will happen.

Thanks folks, for the Baron interview. His approach to investing in companies is what I've been trying to do since 2000 following what I understood to be Buffet's approach. There are a few differences, aside from the funds available for investment. (From my pensions in the day only had $2,000/month to invest.) In contrast to Buffet I understand technology, at least from a basic m.e. level. Baron, on the other hand, has direct super access to the company plus investor wisdom.
No wonder you are the Prof... brilliant strategy (or you are a time traveler)!

Market cap 170B...

The market cap doesn't matter. Shorts may think it only worth $10B. Longs may think it worth $1T. It just doesn't matter at this moment.

Right now it's demand and supply driving actions. People are buying Call options because we are going to join index. Nobody can supply so many Calls. Those who were happy to sell naked Calls have been burnt to the ground, or got fired. Those who are happy to sell covered Calls already maxed out and are regretting. We predicted all of these.

On the other hand, shorts start to get margin calls. Tomorrow they have to buy shares from the market, no choice. Likely another step up.

Shorts asked for this treatment.

Today put me over the threshold of becoming a teslanaire! The first stock I ever bought outside of a 401k was TSLA back in 2013. Thanks to all of the people on this forum, I learned how to trade stocks and options in only TSLA of course. I kept track of every position, in and out, ups and downs, and today my total has exceeded $1M after my initial layout of $10k way back then. It's been a heck of a ride, almost as much fun as my 2018 LR 3!

I couldn't have done it without all of you!

Thanks,
Wayno

Last edited:
Even if that's not true, paying money to the media, which has been unfriendly to Tesla forever and never misses a chance to show Tesla in a bad light, is like buying gas--a certain percentage of the price goes to purchase weapons and ammunition used against our soldiers. Why should Tesla support those who do their best to harm Tesla and Tesla Investors?

i'm fine with paying them a pittance to end this stupid, pointless "war" (it's a business ... why make unnecessary enemies?), especially if it has the potential side effect of improving the demand for Tesla vehicles. But, I know I'm in the minority and the arguments have already been presented by both sides.