Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trump is one of those lucky people that just can't ever miss. Global warming will make it hot as hell in April, and good science/quarantine efforts will suppress the virus by then - and Trump will declare - I cured the Coronavirus!

Dont get me wrong. I like Some of thing things he is doing. Rebuilding our aging infrastructure is good. Spending money to get services to the rural areas is noble. But regardless of whether you hate and despise his policies, or love all of them like your first born child, the man has the shittiest personality of anyone I've ever encountered. Even on his TV show I couldn't STAND his cocky, arrogant, know-it-all, I'm god personality. I really thought he was doing it more for the show - until he became president and he was even worse.

I think 5G is a cellular network tech. It works in cities. More people, more cells.

Starlink will work best for low population density areas. Your bandwidth will be inversely proportionate to the number of pizza dish receivers under the satellites.
i may find it hard to stuff a pizza box size phased array antenna in my pocket.

@lklundin

It is acceptable in this thread to solicit practical advice on how to short sell certain auto makers?

Let's say for example that I wanted to increase my number of TSLA shares by 20% (maybe by exercising some ITM call options), but I have little cash to spend.
So instead I short sell a car maker that I think has really poor mid- and long term prospects and buy TSLA for the proceeds. How would the borrow rate compare to just buying on margin?

Many unorthodox, yet interesting questions. If these are deemed OT, I guess can always pose as a TSLA short seller on Twitter, there must be an enormous body of short-selling knowledge over there.

Perhaps you can get some info from this thread about shorting oil companies:

Shorting Oil, Hedging Tesla

@lklundin

Perhaps you can get some info from this thread about shorting oil companies:

Shorting Oil, Hedging Tesla

Here is what listed on today headlines:

TD Ameritrade strategist explains why millennial investors have been buying ExxonMobil

Funny is that I just had discussion with my coworkers, older millenials (~40 ish) the other day before the news. He told me that Exxon is good stocks to have :rolleyes:

His argument is that everyone needs gas and it is too big to fail. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I failed converting my coworker to TSLA, oh well..
I am hoping my coworker is wrong for the sake of our planet.

edit: adding few more rolling eyes

Here is what listed on today headlines:

TD Ameritrade strategist explains why millennial investors have been buying ExxonMobil

Funny is that I just had discussion with my coworkers, older millenials (~40 ish) the other day before the news. He told me that Exxon is good stocks to have :rolleyes:

His argument is that everyone needs gas and it is too big to fail.

I failed converting my coworker to TSLA, oh well..
I am hoping my coworker is wrong for the sake of our planet.

Personally I would be checking any work that person does....... if they are wrong about this ......

I am not a fan of spreading rumors but just received pretty detailed information that has been confirmed from 3 sources Herbert Diess CEO VW Group to leave VW and Blume (CEO Porsche) to take over the seat.

I also heard who takes the CEO role at Porsche and what the reasons are but lets wait if thats just a false rumor or true. To be honest it would be the first time my source tells me something thats not confirmed later.
Alex on Twitter

If true, the only question is whether they are replacing him because they're unhappy with his serious attitude towards EVs, or whether it's because they think he should be transitioning the company even faster.

For their sake I really hope it's the latter, because if the new CEO is going to some shill who milks the hell out of the ICE business for the coming years, I think we can say bye bye to VW.