Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If theres one thing more volatile than TSLA, thats sentiment of so called bulls, even on this board. Im amazed how some of us lose their marbles over stock price movement but I tell you what, I for one am getting it. Im gonna cheer a drop to 200 caused by any news other than Elon run over by a bus. Now if only I can close my puts real quick....

If theres one thing more volatile than TSLA, thats sentiment of so called bulls, even on this board. Im amazed how some of us lose their marbles over stock price movement but I tell you what, I for one am getting it. Im gonna cheer a drop to 200 caused by any news other than Elon run over by a bus. Now if only I can close my puts real quick....

Well, that reaction is completely natural, given the meteoric rise to $750 after spending ~3 years in the $200-$380 range and a dip to $180 a short ~6 months ago. I suspect it will take a few months for the higher price levels to sink in. :D

Great! Here's the 2020 outlook/guidance:

Management Opportunities, Challenges and Risks and 2020 Outlook

Automotive—Production

A key focus in 2020 will be our efforts towards establishing and expanding capacity for vehicle production at volume across three continents. At the Fremont Factory, we commenced Model Y production earlier than anticipated, and combined with Model 3, we have installed annual production capacity for 400,000 vehicles. We expect to further increase this capacity to 500,000 vehicles through the installation of additional equipment.

At Gigafactory Shanghai, we have installed annual production capacity for 150,000 Model 3 vehicles that we believe we will eventually be able to push to actual rates of production in excess of such number, subject to local production of battery packs, which we began ramping there later than other processes.

We have commenced construction of the next phase of Gigafactory Shanghai to add Model Y manufacturing capacity at least equivalent to that for Model 3.​

In the update letter they also listed 90k/year Model S/X production capacity.

So they want to raise Fremont production alone to 500k/year, GF3 to 150k with an option for more, plus Model Y capacity with at least that much capacity.

I.e., if I'm adding these up correctly, 500k+90k+150k+150k "and more" = 890k/year "and more", in 2020. :D

Great! Here's the 2020 outlook/guidance:

Management Opportunities, Challenges and Risks and 2020 Outlook

Automotive—Production

A key focus in 2020 will be our efforts towards establishing and expanding capacity for vehicle production at volume across three continents. At the Fremont Factory, we commenced Model Y production earlier than anticipated, and combined with Model 3, we have installed annual production capacity for 400,000 vehicles. We expect to further increase this capacity to 500,000 vehicles through the installation of additional equipment.

At Gigafactory Shanghai, we have installed annual production capacity for 150,000 Model 3 vehicles that we believe we will eventually be able to push to actual rates of production in excess of such number, subject to local production of battery packs, which we began ramping there later than other processes.

We have commenced construction of the next phase of Gigafactory Shanghai to add Model Y manufacturing capacity at least equivalent to that for Model 3.​

In the update letter they also listed 90k/year Model S/X production capacity.

So they want to raise Fremont production alone to 500k/year, GF3 to 150k with an option for more, plus Model Y capacity with at least that much capacity.

I.e., if I'm adding these up correctly, 500k+90k+150k+150k "and more" = 890k/year "and more", in 2020. :D

I noticed this tidbit in the 10-K:

"Of the total deferred revenue on automotive sales with and without resale value guarantees as of December 31, 2019, we expect to recognize $751 million of revenue in the next 12 months."​

That's a big chunk of revenue.

What's this about?

Markets
Tesla shares fall after company announces $2 billion common stock offering
Published Thu, Feb 13 20207:50 AM EST

Tesla wants a bigger cash buffer, and made a mistake last time of not doing so when the stock was strong.

"Tesla intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to further strengthen its balance sheet, as well as for general corporate purposes."