Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you
I have been a proud owner of solar panels for 5 years now. It was good until SDGE (power company) changed the rule for peak hours.

I am still enjoying 9 cent/kwh to charge my cars. If this is getting out of hand, i will use your referral to get power wall.

Same here...Solar City in '15....SCE changed peak from 10AM to 2PM. Bill is still $1-$9, but there's less "excess".

Since TSLA is often compared to AMZN:

It may be a dump question, but do i get this right, that Amazon had 3 Stock Splits before the year 2000, with 2-1, 3-1 and 2-1 ratios?

Doesn't that mean, that without that splits, the AMZN Stock, for a Stockholder, who bought in 1998, the Stock is not 2.155$ worth for him/her, but valuated like 12x, so at 25.860$?

If that is right, then TSLA is far from close to todays Amazon Stock prices and TSLA even at 1000$ is a damn good buy, if you HODL for 10 years. I mean we don't even had a split with TSLA.

Maybe this year? :rolleyes:
Stock splits are out of fashion. It used to be you had to trade in lots of 100 shares. Then online meant you could trade single shares. Then DRIPs (Dividend ReInvestment Programs) meant that you might end up with fractional shares. Now many brokers will allow you to actually trade in fractional shares, as opposed to just selling out the ones that came from DRIPs or acquisitions or whatever.

Just tried it on ETrade:
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 13.30.04 .png