Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recall, Elon made these brief comments about CATL bty modules for MIC Model 3 during his Jan 4, 2020 interview with 'Third Row Podcast' (Director's Cut via YouTube).
Edit window timed out... Elon's Jan 4, 2020 comments re: CATL modules for MIC Model 3:

"The CATL cells, or the CATL situation, will be more of an integrated module than it will be a cell. It's not just... it's not super easy to replace these things, but yeah we do expect to use both LG and CATL in volume."​

Cheers!

Churchill, for sure.
Einstein, to be safe. ;)

26yvnv.jpg

Last edited:
Edit window timed out... Elon's Jan 4, 2020 comments re: CATL modules for MIC Model 3:

"The CATL cells, or the CATL situation, will be more of an integrated module than it will be a cell. It's not just... it's not super easy to replace these things, but yeah we do expect to use both LG and CATL in volume."​

Cheers!

Waiting for battery day is like waiting for Christmas...

In the mean time the Shorts are trying to force me into early retirement, I'm in no rush guys, you can keep some of your money... :)

post your next yolos autist

So, I have twin autistic daughters. "autist" is the new word for "retard". I find it offensive, and would much prefer that it not be used here.

Just to explain the cultural context in which @azaz used it: in /r/wallstreetbets (WSB) subreddit speak "autist" is used in a self-referential description, never in an aggressive-negative context or as an insult.

"Us autists" who are "on the spectrum" are meant as a socially awkward but elite group of outcasts, with a bit of a self-deprecating but endearing overtone. "Be a true autist" is meant as someone having all the best traits of this subculture, where "Papa Musk" is considered a hero autist.

Just to get a feeling of it, watch this WSB investment advice video from two days ago (erm, strong language warning):

(There's even a TSLA reference in it.)

Or these self-identifying references:

I.e. this WSB use of "autist" is very different from the alt-right and 4chan use where it's indeed meant as a nasty insult.

/r/wallstreetbets basically turned around the alt-right semi-racial epithet of social exclusion and inverted it into a desirable, inclusive trait.

They even inverted the word "degenerate" in a similar fashion: via a CSS hack of the WSB moderators the number of subreddit subscribers on WSB is displayed not as "893,929 subscribers", but as "893,929 degenerates". :D

By subscribing to WSB you/we self-identify as autists.

Last edited:
Just to explain the cultural context in which @azaz used it: in /r/wallstreetbets (WSB) subreddit speak "autist" is used in a self-referential description, never in an aggressive-negative context or as an insult.

"Us autists" who are "on the spectrum" are meant as a socially awkward but elite group of outcasts, with a bit of a self-deprecating but endearing overtone. "Be a true autist" is meant as someone having all the best traits of this subculture, where "Papa Musk" is considered a hero autist.

Just to get a feeling of it, watch this WSB investment advice video from two days ago (erm, strong language warning):

(There's even a TSLA reference in it.)

Or these self-identifying references:

I.e. this WSB use of "autist" is very different from the alt-right and 4chan use where it's indeed meant as a nasty insult.

/r/wallstreetbets basically turned around the alt-right semi-racial epithet of social exclusion and inverted it into a desirable, inclusive trait.

They even inverted the word "degenerate" in a similar fashion: via a CSS hack of the WSB moderators the number of subreddit subscribers on WSB is displayed not as "893,929 subscribers", but as "893,929 degenerates". :D

By subscribing to WSB you/we self-identify as autists.
If you have to explain the joke...

I don’t think many people come here to hear pejorative terms, even if obscure corners of cyber space have convinced themselves that it’s clever and amusing. Back to Tesla shall we?

Especially in connection with Ark Invest's outlook on Tesla, there is quite some attention to how Tesla's EV-market share will evolve in the coming years.

Since EV-market share revolves around the car makers' (in)ability to get their hands on batteries, I would like to get an idea of Tesla's current EV-market share - in terms of amount of battery capacity deployed.

According to Adamas Intelligence, the 2019 Worldwide EV-deployment of batteries was 95.6 GWh:
CHARGED EVs Magazine on Twitter

So if someone can help me estimate how much battery capacity Tesla deployed in 2019 (in their cars only), then we should get a market share number that I would find quite significant.

Tesla's 2019 sales were:
S: 28248
3: 300075
X: 39497

The S/X models have 100 kWh, the SR 3 has 55 kWh, the remainder 79 kWh. I could not get accurate SR-numbers, but if the SR fraction is in the range 25% - 50% of total Model 3 sales, then in 2019 Tesla has deployed between 26 and 28 GWh of automotive batteries (stationary is only about 0.5 GWh). That range of SR/LR split corresponds to from 28% and close to 30% of global automotive battery deployment.

You still have time for that after you’re finished with this thread?

Lately...yes! This bull run has been messing with my sleep. I wake up and the first thing that pops into my head is: what's happening with GF(x) or the latest delivery numbers, when is battery day, etc. The list goes on and on as you know! :eek:

But this is good as it's getting me closer and closer to "calling in rich". :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
If you have to explain the joke...

I didn't explain the joke, I explained the positive cultural context @azaz used it in. I did not promote its use within this forum.

I think @azaz assumed that TMC readers would be familiar with the full WSB lingo - but that's clearly not the case and I didn't suggest otherwise.

We’re nearing the end of February and the places where we can track registrations are still showing very few deliveries. I’m wondering if we will see a repeat of Q1 2019 where most of the deliveries were during the last few weeks (actually 50% during the last 10 days of Q1 2019). Or are a lot of cars already being delivered in places that are black boxes?