Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Panasonic pulls out of Tesla solar plant in New York

Tesla has informed New York that Panasonic's withdrawal "has no bearing on Tesla's current operations", the state said in a statement. The company employs over 1,500 jobs in the city of Buffalo, clearing its 1,460 commitment before April — and thereby avoiding a $41 million penalty — the state said.

Panasonic pulls out of Tesla solar plant in New York

The real solution is better attention monitoring for drivers. And not just when using driving automation...

No, the real solution is that when you break a law, you actually get a punishment that makes you think twice about doing it again.

If you are in a state/country that has a law on the books that says cellphone use while driving is prohibited and you get caught you should;

A) be fined enough that it hurts - fines should be based on income and paid on the spot

B) have your vehicle impounded on the spot

C) not allowed to drive for a period of time that also hurts

I had a car behind me yesterday in a residential area; Mustang. Driver accelerated up my butt and then swerved to pass me. I was slowing down for a crosswalk as people were waiting to cross - after having TWO other vehicles go right through it from the other direction.

As the Mustang got up beside me, I was now stopped and the people were crossing in front of me. The Mustang fortunately stopped (abruptly). I looked over and there was a middle aged FATHER texting on his cellphone, kid in the passenger seat.

No, the real solution is that when you break a law, you actually get a punishment that makes you think twice about doing it again.

If you are in a state/country that has a law on the books that says cellphone use while driving is prohibited and you get caught you should;

A) be fined enough that it hurts - fines should be based on income and paid on the spot

B) have your vehicle impounded on the spot

C) not allowed to drive for a period of time that also hurts

I had a car behind me yesterday in a residential area; Mustang. Driver accelerated up my butt and then swerved to pass me. I was slowing down for a crosswalk as people were waiting to cross - after having TWO other vehicles go right through it from the other direction.

As the Mustang got up beside me, I was now stopped and the people were crossing in front of me. The Mustang fortunately stopped (abruptly). I looked over and there was a middle aged FATHER texting on his cellphone, kid in the passenger seat.

Was he texting only while stopped, or while driving? It doesn't bother me much if someone sends a quick text at a light, so long as they set the phone down before they drive again. The worst case is that they don't notice the light and you have to honk.

Just did some quick googling, to try and get some perspective on the effect this virus is inexplicably having on teslas stock:

Its further from wuhan to shanghai than it is from London to Berlin. Needless to say if some people get ill in Berlin, I don't panic about a factory in London. I think that we have a lot of ';analysts' who have never been to china, never read about china, and clearly never looked at a map.
In my experience many people in the US seem to think the whole of the UK is London. ("I'll be in London tomorrow, want to meet for a drink?" - NO I am 2.5 hours drive from there...), and this is magnified 100x with China. China is BIG, and it seems people trading stocks do not really *get* this.
I had the same experience with people in the US having very homogenized and dated views of Africa when i made a video game set in Africa.

In other words... yeah... the US market reaction to this virus is just stupidly over-the-top in general, but its application to Tesla as a stock is laughably so. I hope eventually people in wall street find a map, and then re-buy TSLA stock.

Was he texting only while stopped, or while driving? It doesn't bother me much if someone sends a quick text at a light, so long as they set the phone down before they drive again. The worst case is that they don't notice the light and you have to honk.

TSLA is the only red ticker on my screen, which seems like manipulation of it continues unabated because I’m not allowed to answer you.

You're a SICK puppy for Doing these calculations, for knowing how to do them, and sharing them with us in an almost legible manner.
Thank you...
LOL. Thanks (I think).
The idea is to try to get an idea of income Tesla could expect from FCA this year. I want to do one more assessment before the end of Q1 that is more probabilistic and can give (for example) 25%, 50% and 75% likelihood numbers.

Chinese government provided some support for Chinese economy/stock market because of corona virus.
Any plans by the orange one for the US?

Yes Trump and us health officials are about to give an update. Since it is Trump, I suspect it will be reassuring to the markets since he wants markets to recover. I suspect the us market is positively responding expecting this but who knows.

Is it too much to ask to knock off the political epithets?
Mod: Agree. References like @ev-enthusiast's above are only just barely tolerated in the politics thread. Certainly not here. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did some quick googling, to try and get some perspective on the effect this virus is inexplicably having on teslas stock:

Its further from wuhan to shanghai than it is from London to Berlin. Needless to say if some people get ill in Berlin, I don't panic about a factory in London. I think that we have a lot of ';analysts' who have never been to china, never read about china, and clearly never looked at a map.
In my experience many people in the US seem to think the whole of the UK is London. ("I'll be in London tomorrow, want to meet for a drink?" - NO I am 2.5 hours drive from there...), and this is magnified 100x with China. China is BIG, and it seems people trading stocks do not really *get* this.
I had the same experience with people in the US having very homogenized and dated views of Africa when i made a video game set in Africa.

In other words... yeah... the US market reaction to this virus is just stupidly over-the-top in general, but its application to Tesla as a stock is laughably so. I hope eventually people in wall street find a map, and then re-buy TSLA stock.
Appreciate this but I think this week is about outside of China. I think people were just not ready for the fact that it has spread. This is a 0-1 move, which is a big move, because it went from potentially contained to definitely broken out. They panic because they don't know what they don't know. Everyday when we have a major report coming out of a new country, the market is going to continue selling off. It will recover on quiet days on new cases found within known countries. People are skittish like that. I actually welcome Trump's effort to curb the enthusiasm. Health agencies are going to do their due diligence, no reason to freak out. I translate for hospitals in Texas and coronavirus flyers and PSAs are going out like nobody's business yet people don't panic. It is the opposite of what the media wants us to believe.

Reactions: ccook
Yes Trump and us health officials are about to give an update. Since it is Trump, I suspect it will be reassuring to the markets since he wants markets to recover. I suspect the us market is positively responding expecting this but who knows.

Is it too much to ask to knock off the political epithets?

6pm EST press conference. Well after markets close in the us.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
I'm far from an expert, but I'd bet Netflix and Amazon to grow in these paranoia-fueled days.
Millions of people are staying at home, forced or not.

Lots of virus fear plays I bet on are irrational. Take APT for example. The only mask manufacture in north america. Was a no brainer, but actually went down first.

I asked a medical professional I know to order a few boxes as a test. Lead time was 2 weeks and limited to 2 boxes at the beginning of feb. Now we can't get a quote at all.

There are a lot of cheap mispriced virus play right now because most of north america do not believe in that reality coming true. you really need to have some conviction and do your own investigation.

Warning. Imo, it is too late to get into apt now. So beware.