Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yah. Not worried about traction. It’s the rocks thrown up from the trucks at her new Tesla. The sand looks a lot like little rocks...with some not so freakin little.

Oh, sheesh! Ask them to put little mudflaps on the fenders and don't worry about it. I've been driving my Stealth P3D primarily on a highway that is the most expensive in the state to keep open in the winter due to the amount of crap they think they need to layer on the road and it hasn't caused an issue yet - the car still looks great. And that's without ANY mudflaps. I just wax the paint a few times a year. If it needs to be repainted in 10 to 15 years, I'll get a quality paint job applied which will cost far less than a full PPF wrap, especially considering the time value of money.

Here's some really good advice: Buy TSLA shares with the money you were going to spend on PPF wrap. In five years it will be worth so much money you will laugh that you even considered trying to protect the paint on a 5-year old car.

Oh, sheesh! Ask them to put little mudflaps on the fenders and don't worry about it. I've been driving my Stealth P3D primarily on a highway that is the most expensive in the state to keep open in the winter due to the amount of crap they think they need to layer on the road and it hasn't caused an issue yet - the car still looks great. And that's without ANY mudflaps. I just wax the paint a few times a year. If it needs to be repainted in 10 to 15 years, I'll get a quality paint job applied which will cost far less than a full PPF wrap, especially considering the time value of money.

Here's some really good advice: Buy TSLA shares with the money you were going to spend on PPF wrap. In five years it will be worth so much money you will laugh that you even considered trying to protect the paint on a 5-year old car.

Appreciate the info. Will consider the mud flaps. Sounds like a good idea.

We are not getting a PPF wrap. Just front bumper, rocker panels etc.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: wipster
This is too funny. Lexus dealer spams Tesla owners: 'You've had your fun, now it's time for zero compromise' - Electrek

Tesla-spam-from-Lexus-e1583869361649.jpg

No thanks, too busy still having fun with my Teslas. I'll trade my S in for a Y though.

As a contrary opinion, I spent the money on a PPF wrap for our Model X. My rationale obviously doesn't have to do with efficient spending of money or maximizing my net worth in 5 years :)

What it's done, and it's working, is it's made it much easier to live with the car. What I mean by that is I want it to continue looking good (and it does), knowing that I'm not going to wash it as often as it'd be good to do. And if I'm fetching groceries from the back and accidentally lean on something with a coat zipper or something equally trivial and inadvertent, I don't want to scratch it up.

And it's worked very well for that. I just drive it, and after a few years, retaining that still new look.

Of course, I could've had 30 or more shares of TSLA for the wrap, but I don't think of it in those terms. If I'd used the food money that year for TSLA shares, that might've been 30 shares too, but I made a conscious decision to eat, and a conscious decision that this was an important use of money for me (well - me and my wife). Heck - we decided to buy the thing in the first place - that was probably 300 TSLA shares. (There's madness down this path - I'm going to stop now :D)

Another “Tesla departure promotion”, as soon as one person decides to leave, they got promoted by TSLAQ to been the “key person” of such and such project.

I am pretty sure this guy is competent and contributed a lot during his 7 years in Tesla.

But what’s the fuzz about him leaving? Every time there is a VP leaving TSLAQ make it sounds like there is only one VP in the whole company.

But this gentleman was only a director, why we need to post it here as if it’s informative about the general well-being of the company?

Next time we are going to report each and every person leaving?
I just posted it because I like to keep track of all the crap TSLAQ will throw at Tesla. I would bet a number of high level staff left the rest of "Those who will kill Tesla" companies this week as well, but we'll never hear about them. Forewarned is forearmed... or something like that.