Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's cool - there's a lot of R&D and other white collar staff there who can work from home. By reinstating 3 shift assembly on the S/X lines they can keep production output with a smaller workforce.

Only about 40% of the Fremont workforce are line workers who must be physically present.

They also have S/X pack assembly and powertrain subassembly at Fremont, which they might be able to move to GF1 and Lathrop.

Lots of ways to get higher production out of a smaller workforce present at any particular moment in Fremont.

The worst-case was a 100% shutdown of manufacturing.
3 shifts on S/X? I would have thought they would be shooting to have 1 shift on 3/S/X.

It's his schtick. He's been doing this forever. Gone for the rise, back as soon as it drops. Surprised so many haven't seen through it.

In the past few hours alone, he's tried to make people think that if an FDA approved drug is found to be effective in treatment, it still will be years until it can be used, superchargers are as dirty as gas stations (might be true, but the point people were making is they charge at home and don't HAVE to go to a fill up station), and that the price going down is no surprise to him. So many posts about the direction of TSLA, and it's always the same direction. Oh, and Fremont should be shut down, because, don't you care about the workers!

Yeah, @KSilver2000 was a really careful concern troll for a long time, but he got impatient today and it became a more obvious pattern.

Note how he almost never follows up when proven wrong, acknowledging counterarguments or just admitting when he was wrong - in a passive-aggressive fashion - because IMO it's not his intent to add value to this forum.

Wondering whether mods agree about a few weeks timeout, we don't need another @nursebee I guess, do we? There's enough disagreement here, no need to inject fake controversies.

Question for all the cup half-full people:

What possibly positive imminent news regarding the virus is out there to warrant a rebound of the sentiment/market in the very near future?

not asking for hopes and dreams, but tangible news that could turn the macros around

Not my area of expertise so zero reason for me to guess. What I do know is that today is not the day, but one day it will be the day — because history. If history doesn’t repeat, everybody has much bigger problems than money.

That's cool - there's a lot of R&D and other white collar staff there who can work from home. By reinstating 3 shift assembly on the S/X lines they can keep production output with a smaller workforce.

Only about 40% of the Fremont workforce are line workers who must be physically present.

They also have S/X pack assembly and powertrain subassembly at Fremont, which they might be able to move to GF1 and Lathrop.

Lots of ways to get higher production out of a smaller workforce present at any particular moment in Fremont.

The worst-case was a 100% shutdown of manufacturing.

There was someone on reddit last night posting that he anecdotally felt 50% had not reported in. No way to know if he's a real employee, but this new restriction may not actually change anything at the factory if they were already down some staff and consolidating to certain lines.
Gabethou· 18 hours ago: Yep half the people called out or more. No repercussions so far but we'll see if the sheriff does anything more than tweet, sad it has to come to that

Gabethou · 16 hours ago: Multiple lines are here. Consolidation of manpower to get enough to run what we can.

Last edited:
And per Tesla they are free to stay home and borrow up to two additional weeks of PTO. Nobody’s holding a flamethrower to their heads. Stop suggesting they don’t have a choice.

Right.

On that note, Lora Kolodny's 'scoop' with the internal, Tesla HR email is worth preserving for future generations of internet archeologists:
Tesla memo: Essential employees, including production, should still come to work

(Also, tracking changes to it could provide some additional information...)

Yeah, @KSilver2000 was a really careful concern troll for a long time, but he got impatient today and it became a more obvious pattern.

Note how he almost never follows up when proven wrong, acknowledging counterarguments or just admitting when he was wrong - in a passive-aggressive fashion - because IMO it's not his intent to add value to this forum.

Wondering whether mods agree about a few weeks timeout, we don't need another @nursebee I guess, do we? There's enough disagreement here, no need to inject fake controversies.

Just look at his posting history. Oh, that's right, you can't...

VIX options noob question:

could anyone explain to me why there's such a high difference between the model price and the actual price?

E.g. Apr 40 put: Model price $9; mid $4.45

upload_2020-3-18_22-14-10.png

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Smoke a Cohiba and Chill!

I could smoke a lot of them with the profit of the short positions which I sold today. Cases of them. But I stopped smoking cigars :D

US Americans are tougher and used to _much_ more risk in their lives than Europeans. Look at all the (common) natural disasters in the US, tornadoes, wild fires. People there pick up their pieces and go on with their lives as best as they can.

So while I think a _lot_ of older and weaker people in the USA will likely die in the coming weeks and months, I think the country as a whole will soldier on.

I don’t understand your statement of Americans being tougher and being used to much more risk. It’s not a competition.

The Model Y I ordered costs 60990$ in the US today. I have to pay 48378$ since Tesla have no currency clause in their contract with customers...

Anyone with ideas on how the currency might affect them? I know that it will be a bad for all Model Ys ordered from Norway, and the same for a lot of cars ordered these days before Tesla adjust the prices...

Reactions: Lessmog
why would you fixate at $300/share is there something special about that number
Perhaps a round figure aversion about dilution?
The 2021 convertible notes ($1.38 billion) are redeemable at $359.87/share.
The 2022 convertible notes ($0.978 billion) are redeemable at $327.50/share.
The 2024 convertible notes ($1.480 billion) are redeemable at $309.83/share.

The strike price for the 2018 CEO Performance Award is $350.20/share

I don’t understand your statement of Americans being tougher and being used to much more risk. It’s not a competition.
Due to high percentages of people with obesity and heart disease compared to Europe, our fatality rate might wind up being higher. Usually one of our strengths is optimism...I think it's actually hurting this time.

That’s fine with me. I guess you know more about compassionate use.

OK. SO when no one is asking the Sheriff for his opinion, he blabs it out on social media like little Miss Gossip.

Now, when reporters want to know what's going on, he clams up like a dog with a bark collar.

Ask me why I have a dim view of law enforcement officers in the 21st century (it wasn't always this way).

Sad world these days. On the bright side, I'm loving the negativity here this morning and hearing about so many people bailing from their TSLA positions at bargain basement prices. This always happens during major market events like this. Now I can really smell the fear! Which can mean only one thing - the bottom is near!
Agreed. I can smell the bottom too.

There was someone on reddit last night posting that he anecdotally felt 50% had not reported in. No way to know if he's a real employee, but this new restriction may not actually change anything at the factory if they were already down some staff and consolidating to certain lines.

The employee parking lot was as full as it ever is this morning (I stopped by the supercharger)

US Americans are tougher and used to _much_ more risk in their lives than Europeans. Look at all the (common) natural disasters in the US, tornadoes, wild fires.

Is this serious? European here. Try making that argument in a bar in Glasgow, or East London. Its ok, we have free healthcare here that will treat you afterwards...