Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn't Tesla making ventilators be like panicing making the situation worse?

I mean, there's a lot more to ventilators than just pumping air: software, error modes, self diagnostics, UI, training, etc.... Lol
I think a lot of the fancy stuff will be taken out and the only thing that matters will be getting air into the pt. So it'll most likely be one of the least sophisticated vents ever.

Wouldn't Tesla making ventilators be like panicing making the situation worse?

I mean, there's a lot more to ventilators than just pumping air: software, error modes, self diagnostics, UI, training, etc.... Lol

Build and ship them, do OTA updates when necessary. Full self breathing rollout later this month?

Not particularly encouraged by this last hour of trading considering what the macro's have been doing. I would feel a lot more confident in the move if we get back to the high of the day set in the first hour of trading by the end of the day but right now it's looking like move is gonna be capped around the 410-415 area and if the macro's pull back, we're going down with'em

Reactions: EV Promoter
On the topic of surplus cells from GF1, it appears that February's GF3 production was done without _any_ Panasonic cells:
Twitter
- if so, these cells must presumably have been available for packs made in the USA.

Any thoughts on this?
Thoughts? This data gives us good production estimates so far for GF3 2020Q1:
  • In Jan, (54.39+83.32) MWh / 54 KWh / car = 2,550 cars
  • In Feb, 201.92 MWh / 54 KWh / car = 3,740 cars
Further, the January Panasonic cell allocation to GF3 is no longer required, allowing this many more bty packs to be built at GF1/Sparks:
  • 83.32 MWh / 54 KWh / car = 1,543 SR+ packs, OR
  • 83.32 MWh / 81 KWh / car = 1,028 LR packs
This implies the potential for an extra 1,000 LR packs per month as of Feb, allowing for Fremont inital Model Y production of a thousand per month, right in line with projections and guidance.

Remarkable planning. :D

Cheers!

Not particularly encouraged by this last hour of trading considering what the macro's have been doing. I would feel a lot more confident in the move if we get back to the high of the day set in the first hour of trading by the end of the day but right now it's looking like move is gonna be capped around the 410-415 area and if the macro's pull back, we're going down with'em
Doesn't matter really. Fremont stays open. Cars getting delivered. NYC mayor reaching out to Elon. All bad news and growth negativity have already been priced in. I think we cruising from here.

Doesn't matter really. Fremont stays open. Cars getting delivered. NYC mayor reaching out to Elon. All bad news and growth negativity have already been priced in. I think we cruising from here.

I'm kinda thinking more in the sense of was yesterday the bottom for Tesla(not necessarily the overall market) and a strong finish to close at the high for the day would go a long way in terms of momentum for yesterday being the bottom

It doesn't matter in the long run. I just want to be able to say I called the bottom and actually put money to work at the same time........just one time is all I'm asking :)

I'm kinda thinking more in the sense of was yesterday the bottom for Tesla(not necessarily the overall market) and a strong finish to close at the high for the day would go a long way in terms of momentum for yesterday being the bottom

It doesn't matter in the long run. I just want to be able to say I called the bottom and actually put money to work at the same time........just one time is all I'm asking :)
I called it after you early this morning. High five.

I still did not see GF1 and Freemont workers working with masks on. Elon should ask GF3 to secure 10M masks and send over. Are there any restrictions of importing/exporting masks?

I believe there is a shortage of these masks and they should be going to hopsitals.

Its a lose lose situation. If Fremont doesnt get masks they will be talked about badly.
If they buy 10M masks, they will be accused of hoarding them and stealing them from doctors and hospitals.

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba
A ventilator whipped up by Tesla in record time would probably be one of the most effective ventilators ever. Using the latest research papers on ventilating patients with viral lung infections, Tesla would consult with top medical experts who would condense the necessary requirements tailored for Coronavirus infections and Tesla engineers would use first principles thinking to engineer the simplest, most effective solution. They would have about 10% of the buttons and dials but it would be more automatic and produce better outcomes for the patients. :)

one i saw the couple months ago had 3 dials, one button (on/off). had to use it kicking and screaming but could be done

I guess anything’s possible but you should be encouraged by today’s volume and consolidation around the 400$ range. The daily chart looks very similar to some of the other high volume uptick days and we have seen it close at the daily high.

Reactions: Fact Checking