Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mod: I think I goofed and deleted a bunch of posts that I had intended to move into the Coronavirus thread. Tough... they should have been there already. No, we don't have time to police yet a third thread about ventilators. And last but not by any means least, I am completely fed up with posts about particular numbers. They have no relevance to anything at all. I've warned a bunch of people about this (probably including the ventilator postings that I meant to move), but now you're all being warned. There will be an instant time-out for people posting about magic numbers. --ggr
I probably deserve a timeout for this but how many times have you said this?

read that last sentence lol...we definitely breached 7300 on Naz, that took IT bear within the context of secular bull off the table...tried to be clear if 7300 is breached, things will get ugly...and yes TSLA breached 500 and even 400 now...there is support at 380 for TSLA...the selling will slow down on TSLA now imho.

as expected , the selling stopped for TSLA at 380ish level!

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
I probably deserve a timeout for this but how many times have you said this?
No, that doesn't deserve a timeout. I/we have issued that public warning at least three times before, mostly last year, and I can't count how many individual posts have been deleted with a warning message attached. This is why it's so frustrating being a moderator.

I think this is a dead cat bounce. We will only bottom out when the * hits the fan in the USA. That’s probably several weeks away. Over the coming weekend, more bad numbers will come out, and monday will again be a panic sell day.
Agree. We're still on the exponential growth phase and the number of new cases reported over the next 1-2 weeks will likely result in powerful negative macros that could swamp any positivity associated with Tesla. However, sometime in this period we're likely to reach maximum market fear and buying just before a strong quarterly P&D report comes out may be a good play...

Agree. We're still on the exponential growth phase and the number of new cases reported over the next 1-2 weeks will likely result in powerful negative macros that could swamp any positivity associated with Tesla. However, sometime in this period we're likely to reach maximum market fear and buying just before a strong quarterly P&D report comes out may be a good play...

I said this the other day but historically, the market peak fear is always premature of the actual economic peak fear. I think the market is already pricing in Italy-level infection/death rates for the US. Any signs of the US tracking well below that will actually be a positive for the market.....even while infection rates rise.

I was talking to a friend yesterday as I was doing my buying of Tesla and other stocks and he was set on waiting for 300 for Tesla. I kept trying to get through to him that we and the market are in a scenario where the slightest bit of relief/good news, whether it's virus/stimulus/macor/tesla specific could cause a massive reversal. The US infection/mortality rate could jump big over the weekend......but if it's still below the trend for Italy, that will be seen as big positive and you could see a large macro reversal on Monday morning. Or the stimulus package gets finalized over the weekend and get voted on on Monday. Or infection rates for China, Korea, and other countries continue to subside. Or a combination of all of that.

My point being, if the US infection rates/mortality rates do jump quite a lot over the weekend, that's already expected by the market. At least I clearly think it is. The market is already expecting a massive recession. We would need to see news of Italy level infection or higher to see the market readjust it's expectations even lower. I could be wrong. This is just what I believe is happening. Sure the market could go down by another 5-10%......but at this point is the risk of missing out on that reversal really worth that 5-10%?

Last edited:
I said this the other day but historically, the market peak fear is always premature of the actual economic peak fear. I think the market is already pricing in Italy-level infection/death rates for the US. Any signs of the US tracking well below that will actually be a positive for the market.....even while infection rates rise.
I agree but I think we're in for a triple whammy and market peak fear from corona is the second whammy that will affect tesla since it is likely to happen before their P&D report. Once that's out and their relative strength is apparent, I think they'll be largely inoculated against the third whammy associated with the impending recession...

I know I never sold anything, rather bought in small increments adding, and it is just paper money after all, but my mood is somewhat brighter theoretically making huge bucks instead of relentlessly being made to feel like an idiot. The stock market is really good at that...the idiot part.

Of course, now I want to know why I didn't buy more... feeling like an idiot again....

Seriously, I see a way out of this in a hurry with HCQ and TESTING TESTING TESTING.

The world will be shocked to see what has happened to the OEMs and TSLA begin to skyrocket again with relentless demand. We will probably dip down to lows again in near future, but I really believe it is all opportunity for us.

I am an in an industry that is working non stop now, with no WFH avaialable, so I am concerned about being a CV victim and passing it along to my loved ones so lets all take a moment to remember that this is all just money and nothing beats health. Wishing all of you just that, health!

My brother claims that he picked up his car yesterday in Cal, after telling sales that his check may bounce... and it did! Full amount, not financed. All his money, with the rest in TSLA Options. Here's to believing in Tesla!

My take is that was counted as a delivery which trumps all right now. He is good for it and he sent a pic with the car at home. Interesting.
So, your brother has graduated from horse race betting? Congratulations.
Licence plate: Stewball, Mk II ;):cool::p

Right or wrong, I converted some shares to LEAPS to keep comfortable distance from margin and free up cash. I bought some more GOOGL since it’s the only current connection to SpaceX by owning 7.5% last I checked. I took off most of my downside protection yesterday but not all. My trading diary will be full of lessons learned and screw ups from past and future days but it’s all apart of learning and getting better and HODL never lets a person down when it comes to strong convictions like TSLA.