Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was one of my first major learnings when I started investing in stocks (that share price movements are not always going to be predictable and it's bad for portfolio performance to think I know what they will do on any given day based on the news). Once I understood what I didn't know, investing became a lot easier and more profitable.

Short term price movements often do not obey the rules we rationally think they should based upon the news and the known facts and the sooner an investor embraces that, the better. That said, it will probably open up tomorrow. ;)

While that is true that predicting the market over the short term is impossible. Do you really think it's possible for an $80b company to rise 44% in value in one day in the middle of the largest economic shock in generations while their main factory is shut down for an unknown period of time? It's never jumped that much in a day, even off the back of much more surprising and positive news.

If so, this board could power the infinite improbably drive.

While that is true that predicting the market over the short term is impossible. Do you really think it's possible for an $80b company to rise 44% in value in one day in the middle of the largest economic shock in generations while their main factory is shut down for an unknown period of time? It's never jumped that much in a day, even off the back of much more surprising and positive news.

It’s currently up 16%ish. I’ll take the bet it won’t end up 44%ish. But I wouldn’t take the won’t end up 25%ish or 30%ish anymore than I’d take the it won’t be down 10%ish bet. Yeah, that’s kind of how wide open we are right now. Pick a number, place your bet.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
OT:
Lol not really, but 2 things happened here yesterday that I have never seen before in my lifetime: (it's my 1st PANDEMIC)
  1. I saw a pair of Grey Wolves crossing the freeway near the edge of the City (yes, these were Big Western Wolves, not Coyotes). The pair was in no hurry to cross, and we BOTH paused to take a good look at eachother. This is a city of over a million people, and you wouldn't expect to see wolves within 200+ km of here... o_O
  2. A homeless person broke into my garage and slept in my car yesterday (the car is now LOCKED while parked inside the garage). Lol, I hope my 'visitor' didn't have a cough...
Cheers!

This is the first interview I have seen with this idiot where the interviewers clearly see him as nuts. Why give this fool a voice?

Dan

Dear Dan;

People are attention seeking street walkers on both sides of the mic. It’s that simple.

We are a disgusting species often lacking in morals and ethics. Such that when a member of our species exhibits such traits, we want to rip them apart because they make us see ourselves for who we truly are and we can’t handle the truth.

The end.

It depends on the reason it was down. SP is currently 525, which is where it was Tuesday. A 24% rise from there/here is 650. And 650 was where it was three and a half weeks ago.

Boeing jumped 36% from previous close (127.69) to HOD (174.77) on March 24th.

it's possible for an $80b company to rise 44% in value in one day
Telsa is not an $80B Company; it's a $2Trillion Company (conservative estimate). The simple fact that the SP has been held down by the most tenacious Short/FUD campaign in the history of Wall St. somehow seems lost on you...

Seriously, what is your investment timeframe? 4 PM? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OT:
Lol not really, but 2 things happened here yesterday that I have never seen before in my lifetime: (it's my 1st PANDEMIC)
  1. I saw a pair of Grey Wolves crossing the freeway near the edge of the City (yes, these were Big Western Wolves, not Coyotes). The pair was in no hurry to cross, and we BOTH paused to take a good look at eachother. This is a city of over a million people, and you wouldn't expect to see wolves within 200+ km of here... o_O
  2. A homeless person broke into my garage and slept in my car yesterday (the car is now LOCKED while parked inside the garage). Lol, I hope my 'visitor' didn't have a cough...
Cheers!

1. Cool

2. So many things come to my mind and probably none of them is what you’d expect me to say.

Oil up should be as good of a TSLA tailwind as a macro surge. Hopefully this jobs report is ok.

On the topic of Oil we could potentially have more good news over the weekend. Trump seems to be working his connections and has a meeting with US oil execs today. All bodes well for next week.

Also for next week, Tesla could also announce more details about battery day, We could also get news on giga Texas. And maybe some positive news on factory reopening.

Also to the folks who are saying it’s all about Q2, I think you are underestimating the importance of the Q1 numbers; Decent inventory numbers, China ramp-up, sentiment changing around demand, model Y backlog and I can go on and on. All this without pulling any demand levers. This is HUGE. It will start to sink in over the weekend for most retail investors and we have the next episode of FOMO and short covering.

Gotta love CNBC's verbiage in the top movers when TSLA is in there. I wonder if they straight up sell these to hedge funds?

Tesla (TSLA) – Tesla delivered 88,400 vehicles during the first quarter, up 40% from a year ago. Tesla did not say how the coronavirus outbreak might impact future sales, however.

Nevermind that last piece is actually a glaring positive.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
OT:
Cheers!
Re 2: Playing "CupHead" perhaps?

There is a solution for every problem. People who focus on the problem are guaranteed to complain, be angry, negative and stagnant. People working the problem and finding a workable solution, even if not perfect or ideal in the moment, are guaranteed to not complain, be happier, positive, and moving forward toward a better future. Take your pick.
Absolutely agree. Very well said.

It’s currently up 16%ish. I’ll take the bet it won’t end up 44%ish. But I wouldn’t take the won’t end up 25%ish or 30%ish anymore than I’d take the it won’t be down 10%ish bet. Yeah, that’s kind of how wide open we are right now. Pick a number, place your bet.
I agree TSLA has seen it all. 25% move up and down in one day..
Looking forward to the future days when we break 1000, and then 2000.. then 3000... its going to be fun.