Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they're playing swing tricks, however, with push downward on vulnerable days and running with the price upswing the next day. Let's watch over the next few trading days to see if this is an emerging pattern.
RICOLA!

sc.TSLA.9-DayChart.2020-04-24.15-18.png

Last edited:
Consumer Reports "10 Top Picks" are their top picks in each of 10 different categories (small sedan, small SUV, midsize sedan, etc). Model 3 is their top pick in "Electric Cars".

The bastards!

Do they segregate electric cars from gas cars? As if they serve different functions? Do they segregate gas-powered cars from diesel-powered cars?

By making a special category for electric cars they ensure a gas or diesel car can never get beat out by an electric car!:rolleyes:

He must be getting awfully frustrated his articles have absolutely NO EFFECT on TSLA share price any longer. Back in the "good-ole-days" when he published an article the stock would drop.

Reading the article , and ALL the comments is the most fun I've had in months. They are massively delusional over there. I was surprised to learn that for an "Investors" forum, they largely are anti-China.

City NOA is the last remaining promised piece, I believe. Autopilot can now stop at stop lights and stop signs, but it cannot make left or right turns.
I'm more than a bit ignorant of AP and FSD functionality, but I'm curious how it handles traffic circles, especially the gigantic European ones. They scare the crap out of me (the multiple lane ones, not one or two lanes). I would that would be a big challenge. Can anyone shed some on the system's capabilites?

Does it require HW3.0? I am still waiting to get mine installed.
More than likely, but (for now) I'm OK with reading user experiences here, on Twitter and Reddit. Not sure how long my patience will last.

What is truly remarkable is Elon didn't tweet anything about it a day or a week in advance. He just let it happen. That is a great thing IMO! Hope he makes this standard practice.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I'm more than a bit ignorant of AP and FSD functionality, but I'm curious how it handles traffic circles, especially the gigantic European ones. They scare the crap out of me (the multiple lane ones, not one or two lanes). I would that would be a big challenge. Can anyone shed some on the system's capabilites?

It doesn't do turns (or roundabouts) currently.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
Add a board member (arguably a VERY BIG win for Tesla) and barely a peep. Like Tesla’s BOD just got a whole lot stronger, but the media; meh. Some middle aged foreign dude joined, and remember Elon got removed as chair.

Elon was not forcibly removed from the position of Chairman of the Board, he agreed to step down as part of his settlement with the SEC over the "take private at $420 tweet". Which seems kind of like a childish and punitive solution since it doesn't address the alleged violation. In other words, Musk is just as capable of tweeting violations whether he's a regular board member and CEO or Chairman of the Board and CEO. But whatever, water under the bridge.

I clicked that because YOU posted it. My assumption was that it therefore must contain valuable information you want me to know — because. I had my doubts but I trusted you.

Turns out you sent me down a never ending rabbit hole of what exactly is that guy smoking!?

Now I don’t trust you.
It was a Montana Skeptic article on Seeking Alpha, you should know it's for entertainment purposes only.

A little FSD revenue? Stop signs and traffic lights should release the majority of it. There isn't much core FSD functionality remaining to be delivered after that.

Definitely not the majority of it. Remember, this release isn't really controlling for stop lights--it will stop for all, including green. It's not full self-driving until it doesn't rely on the driver to tell it how to handle a stop light.

In order for Tesla to be added they would have to do a stock split since the index is weighted by stock price, not market cap. This is the reason Alphabet and Amazon aren't on it - their high share prices would cause them to dominate the index.

An index that's weighted by share price instead of market cap has a real failing. Just stupid.

Because the share price is arbitrary while the market cap has real significance.

What stories Montana has told us. The Nevada potemkin village will never produce anything; the Model 3 will never be built; Tesla will go bankrupt; no one can build a car factory in China that fast....

Montana seems get things backwards. In that spirit...

it seems more likely Tesla will take over China. ;)